Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Carl Fletcher and the same old,same old pre-match hype.

Go down 
+3
akagreengull
Freathy
VillageGreen
7 posters
AuthorMessage
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Carl Fletcher and the same old,same old pre-match hype. Empty
PostSubject: Carl Fletcher and the same old,same old pre-match hype.   Carl Fletcher and the same old,same old pre-match hype. EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 1:48 pm

How many times have we heard this talking up of the team before matches and how ''GOOD'' they can be,only to be followed by the usual post-match comments which now have a familiar theme to them.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Even if Argyle produced the game of their lives tomorrow,it will still not be enough for me and countless others who want Fletcher to resign or be given the boot.

Lose tomorrow and Fletcher has to be skating on very thin ice indeed,what with Fleetwood Town and Bradford City [both away] to come.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Carl Fletcher and the same old,same old pre-match hype.   Carl Fletcher and the same old,same old pre-match hype. EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 2:18 pm

Surely no-one listens to the inane, gibberish ramblings of that inarticulate buffoon anymore.....well, except perhaps briangreen. WHEN we lose tomorrow carl the clueless won't be bothered as he doesn't fear for his position. The hotel building banker has already goaded us with the news that clueless stays no matter how shit he is. The banker is letting the football club wither and ultimately die while he concentrates on more lucrative business. I'd like to see a wholesale boycott of HP tomorrow. All that will be missed by not going is watching Argyle get the drubbing from hell.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carl Fletcher and the same old,same old pre-match hype.   Carl Fletcher and the same old,same old pre-match hype. EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 5:29 pm

Freathy wrote:
Surely no-one listens to the inane, gibberish ramblings of that inarticulate buffoon anymore.....well, except perhaps briangreen. WHEN we lose tomorrow carl the clueless won't be bothered as he doesn't fear for his position. The hotel building banker has already goaded us with the news that clueless stays no matter how shit he is. The banker is letting the football club wither and ultimately die while he concentrates on more lucrative business. I'd like to see a wholesale boycott of HP tomorrow. All that will be missed by not going is watching Argyle get the drubbing from hell.

Agree with all of that freathy, the club is run by tossers for the benefit of themselves jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carl Fletcher and the same old,same old pre-match hype.   Carl Fletcher and the same old,same old pre-match hype. EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 6:42 pm

Freathy wrote:

This
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Carl Fletcher and the same old,same old pre-match hype.   Carl Fletcher and the same old,same old pre-match hype. EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 6:42 pm

Carl talks bollocks before and after any game!
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Carl Fletcher and the same old,same old pre-match hype.   Carl Fletcher and the same old,same old pre-match hype. EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 6:47 pm

[quote="Freathy"]Surely no-one listens to the inane, gibberish ramblings of that inarticulate buffoon anymore.....well, except perhaps briangreen. WHEN we lose tomorrow carl the clueless won't be bothered as he doesn't fear for his position. The hotel building banker has already goaded us with the news that clueless stays no matter how shit he is. The banker is letting the football club wither and ultimately die while he concentrates on more lucrative business. I'd like to see a wholesale boycott of HP tomorrow. All that will be missed by not going is watching Argyle get the drubbing from hell.

I'll second all that! although I will be going to the game as I want to see a really good passing team - Gillingham.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carl Fletcher and the same old,same old pre-match hype.   Carl Fletcher and the same old,same old pre-match hype. EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 6:54 pm

No matter how much Brent goads fans about Fletcher he won't allow this crap to carry on for much longer. Regardless how little he thinks of Argyle he'll want to keep PCC sweet for future developments & won't want the adverse publicity that blatantly letting Argyle wither & die would bring.

I wouldn't have thought even the superfans won't be able to tolerate too much more crap served up by Fletcher without speaking up.

Chris Webb already sounded very uneasy at the end of Wednesday's debacle although the other one is probably far less principled now that he has his snout in the trough pig
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carl Fletcher and the same old,same old pre-match hype.   Carl Fletcher and the same old,same old pre-match hype. EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 7:23 pm

I've got his pre-match email.

It's like someone allowed a 12 year old in to write it. You DO NOT begin a sentence with the word "but" Carl and you certainly do not use the word "and" after a comma; no clause should begin with "and". TGWU writes slightly better than this and he's had something done to him by a surgeon.

Quote :
ON Saturday, we welcome league-leaders Gillingham to Home Park for what will be a great game.

The Gills, with Martin Allen at the helm, have made a cracking start to the season and I know that we’ll face a tough challenge.

They have a great engine and can score goals and, from the DVDs I’ve seen of them, they are top of that league on merit alone.

All of the lads were disappointed not to get anything against Burton on Wednesday.

I have several times and it still pains me as to how we lost the game.

Okay, the first-half was a bit of a non-event for both sides, but after the break, we got stronger and stronger and deserved to take the lead when we did.

We controlled the game and the tempo, and looked very comfortable. So, to then go on and lose to two quick goals was a real blow.

That is why it is so important to go out there against Gillingham and put in a performance.

Of course we’ll need to work hard. That’s a given. But what I really want the lads to do is to go out there and enjoy themselves.

Yes, they’ll be under pressure but I want them to try and put that to the back of their mind and remember why they started playing football in the first place. Not for results, not for points, but for enjoyment.

On Saturday, we will observe a minute’s silence as part of the city’s remembrance weekend celebrations and I think that this will provide a great sense of perspective for the lads.

People often say that football is more important than life and death. It’s not.

And I hope, that when those eleven men are stood around the centre-circle at 2.59pm on Saturday, thinking about those who have laid down their lives, that they will realise that.

Thanks for your support, I’ll see you on Saturday.

Fletch

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carl Fletcher and the same old,same old pre-match hype.   Carl Fletcher and the same old,same old pre-match hype. EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 7:47 pm

hairy j wrote:
I've got his pre-match email.

It's like someone allowed a 12 year old in to write it. You DO NOT begin a sentence with the word "but" Carl and you certainly do not use the word "and" after a comma; no clause should begin with "and". TGWU writes slightly better than this and he's had something done to him by a surgeon.

Quote :
ON Saturday, we welcome league-leaders Gillingham to Home Park for what will be a great game.

The Gills, with Martin Allen at the helm, have made a cracking start to the season and I know that we’ll face a tough challenge.

They have a great engine and can score goals and, from the DVDs I’ve seen of them, they are top of that league on merit alone.

All of the lads were disappointed not to get anything against Burton on Wednesday.

I have several times and it still pains me as to how we lost the game.

Okay, the first-half was a bit of a non-event for both sides, but after the break, we got stronger and stronger and deserved to take the lead when we did.

We controlled the game and the tempo, and looked very comfortable. So, to then go on and lose to two quick goals was a real blow.

That is why it is so important to go out there against Gillingham and put in a performance.

Of course we’ll need to work hard. That’s a given. But what I really want the lads to do is to go out there and enjoy themselves.

Yes, they’ll be under pressure but I want them to try and put that to the back of their mind and remember why they started playing football in the first place. Not for results, not for points, but for enjoyment.

On Saturday, we will observe a minute’s silence as part of the city’s remembrance weekend celebrations and I think that this will provide a great sense of perspective for the lads.

People often say that football is more important than life and death. It’s not.

And I hope, that when those eleven men are stood around the centre-circle at 2.59pm on Saturday, thinking about those who have laid down their lives, that they will realise that.

Thanks for your support, I’ll see you on Saturday.

Fletch

I'm converted by that.

One question though, what has he several times that still pains him? If it's had a golden shower from a gal with cystitis he only has himself to blame. Stings like feck when it gets in your eyes.

Cranberry juice Carl, cranberry juice Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Carl Fletcher and the same old,same old pre-match hype.   Carl Fletcher and the same old,same old pre-match hype. EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 7:56 pm

hairy j wrote:

and you certainly do not use the word "and" after a comma;

Hairy... You've obviously never heard of the "serial" or "Oxford" comma then?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carl Fletcher and the same old,same old pre-match hype.   Carl Fletcher and the same old,same old pre-match hype. EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 9:40 pm

Oxford University Press. Being an English Grad and working in print, I have. It's not likely that our friend Carl has ever written for the Oxford University Press.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Carl Fletcher and the same old,same old pre-match hype.   Carl Fletcher and the same old,same old pre-match hype. EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 10:29 pm

Carl is a fookin smart old bean you sops.

You don't play for Wales unless you're clever.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Carl Fletcher and the same old,same old pre-match hype.   Carl Fletcher and the same old,same old pre-match hype. EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 10:41 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:

No you don't play for Wales unless you're Welsh. Having blanchmange for brains isn't an issue Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Carl Fletcher and the same old,same old pre-match hype.   Carl Fletcher and the same old,same old pre-match hype. EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 10:43 pm

I fink Where's Webby writ it fer Fletch............... full of holier than thou bullshit.

Clueless. Like PAFC in general. The lunatics have taken over the asylum.

Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

PostSubject: Re: Carl Fletcher and the same old,same old pre-match hype.   Carl Fletcher and the same old,same old pre-match hype. EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 10:51 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:

No you don't play for Wales unless you're Welsh. Having blanchmange for brains isn't an issue Very Happy

Is he man or mousse lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carl Fletcher and the same old,same old pre-match hype.   Carl Fletcher and the same old,same old pre-match hype. EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 10:59 pm

Greenjock wrote:

Vinnie Jones, neither clever, Welsh, or even a footballer some may say.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carl Fletcher and the same old,same old pre-match hype.   Carl Fletcher and the same old,same old pre-match hype. EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 7:26 am

Tringreen wrote:
I fink Where's Webby writ it fer Fletch............... full of holier than thou bullshit.

I've always found that Chris Webb writes very well. It's hardly a holier than thou message is it; it's cliché ridden and is something we all could have penned within minutes.

It's the first email I've read from Fletch - I accidentally clicked on it as it was between an email about videogames and an email about stereo speakers - I'm not that interested in football these days.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Carl Fletcher and the same old,same old pre-match hype.   Carl Fletcher and the same old,same old pre-match hype. EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 8:57 am

I see another 'we love fletch' thread has appeared on pasoti this morning. Clearly the hotel building banker wasn't making it up, and the insane and massacists really have been writing to him telling clueless must never leave.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Carl Fletcher and the same old,same old pre-match hype.   Carl Fletcher and the same old,same old pre-match hype. EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 10:54 am

Did anyone see Fletcher being interviewed on last night's Spotlight. Arms crossed and talking away with no care in the world,as he glanced around Home Park.

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Carl Fletcher and the same old,same old pre-match hype.   Carl Fletcher and the same old,same old pre-match hype. EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 11:05 am

Freathy wrote:
I see another 'we love fletch' thread has appeared on pasoti this morning. Clearly the hotel building banker wasn't making it up, and the insane and massacists really have been writing to him telling clueless must never leave.

Ah,yes. Here it is :-

''I am still supporting carl fletcher 100%. We have some great young players within the squad and i think consolidation this season would be a huge step forward. Now is the time to support, and i mean SUPPORT, the manager, the team, and james brent. Now is the time for positivity. If there is anybody else out there that agrees with me, and would be willing to step over to the DARKSIDE post now''. Laughing
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Carl Fletcher and the same old,same old pre-match hype.   Carl Fletcher and the same old,same old pre-match hype. EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 12:33 pm

cheers bah! bah! bah!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Carl Fletcher and the same old,same old pre-match hype.   Carl Fletcher and the same old,same old pre-match hype. EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 12:49 pm

hairy j wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

I've always found that Chris Webb writes very well. It's hardly a holier than thou message is it; it's cliché ridden and is something we all could have penned within minutes.

It's the first email I've read from Fletch - I accidentally clicked on it as it was between an email about videogames and an email about stereo speakers - I'm not that interested in football these days.

It has the hallmarks of a Webb missive and desperate attempts to deflect from reality.

The use of Remembrace Sunday is particularly nauseating.

It DOES matter that we are crap. It DOES matter that the manager and players are hopeless .

And it DOES matter that HP has become a farce and is infested by small minded, devious wannabes.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carl Fletcher and the same old,same old pre-match hype.   Carl Fletcher and the same old,same old pre-match hype. Empty

Back to top Go down

Carl Fletcher and the same old,same old pre-match hype.
Page 1 of 1