Go down 
+3
Old Timer
VillageGreen
Chemical Ali
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Carl Fletcher's Body Language Empty
PostSubject: Carl Fletcher's Body Language   Carl Fletcher's Body Language EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 10:23 pm

When Burton equalised, I looked across from where I was sat (I was in Block 7 tonight, with Cerbs) to see how Fletcher would react. I expected to see him in the technical area, organising the team, giving instructions, waving his arms and generally looking Managerial. In control. Commited to the cause.

Instead what I saw was a man slumped back in his seat, hands in pockets, showing no emotion, no urgency, not the slightest inclination of leading the team. Nancekivell was barking at the players, but from what I saw, Fletcher might as well have not been there. He was effecting the sort of posture and demeanour I display when I'm in the Dentist's waiting room, prior to root-canal work.

He looked like he'd given up; and that's exactly what I said to Cerbs. Cerbs reply was that he thought we'd now lose 2-1. In fact he bet me as much. I didn't take the bet, because everything I was seeing told me cerbs was right. And so it came to pass.

Fletcher's lack of urgency - interest, even - was the biggest insult of a night when, frankly, I left the ground feeling like a complete mug. The first 45 minutes had to count amongst the worst I've ever seen, from both teams. The second half came to life briefly, with Cowan-Hall and Berry at least providing some sort of spark. But then Burton equalised, Fletcher made it plain by his (lack of) actions that he'd given up. And when the inevitable happened and Burton got the winner, I was left to consider that, if the Team Manager can make it so obvious how little he cares, why should I care any more.

I'm sickened by the way this football club is being run - from the Chairman, his hangers-on, the Manager, the whole bloody shower. PAFC is rotten to the core.

Last edited by Andy_Symons on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carl Fletcher's Body Language   Carl Fletcher's Body Language EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 10:29 pm

You won't be writing to Mr Brent to beg him not to sack Fletcher then Andy?

Methinks Mr Brent speaks with forked tongue!

I've never seen Carl Fletcher show any emotion as manager. He must know himself that it's time to go. Obviously he won't because it means he'll lose money. Surely for your own pride you would do the honourable thing though? Go and request a meeting with Mr Brent first thing in the morning and see if he will give you a small severance package and see if another club will offer you the chance to manage them?

It won't be a long queue that's for sure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carl Fletcher's Body Language   Carl Fletcher's Body Language EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 10:33 pm

Bought the new Halo Xbox game tonight, had a good evening with it with many more to come. Screw putting a penny into Brent's developments and Newell and Webb's ego trip.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Carl Fletcher's Body Language   Carl Fletcher's Body Language EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 10:39 pm

Fletcher won't resign as he won't get another managerial job after this one.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Carl Fletcher's Body Language   Carl Fletcher's Body Language EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 10:40 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
When Burton equalised, I looked across from where I was sat (I was in Block 7 tonight, with Cerbs) to see how Fletcher would react. I expected to see him in the technical area, organising the team, giving instructions, waving his arms and generally looking Managerial. In control. Commited to the cause.

Instead what I saw was a man slumped back in his seat, hands in pockets, showing no emotion, no urgency, not the slightest inclination of leading the team. Nanackivell was barking at the players, but from what I saw, Fletcher might as well have not been there. He was effecting the sort of posture and demeanour I display when I'm in the Dentist's waiting room, prior to root-canal work.

He looked like he'd given up; and that's exactly what I said to Cerbs. Cerbs reply was that he thought we'd now lose 2-1. In fact he bet me as much. I didn't take the bet, because everything I was seeing told me cerbs was right. And so it came to pass.

Fletcher's lack of urgency - interest, even - was the biggest insult of a night when, frankly, I left the ground feeling like a complete mug. The first 45 minutes had to count amongst the worst I've ever seen, from both teams. The second half came to life briefly, with Cowan-Hall and Berry at least providing some sort of spark. But then Burton equalised, Fletcher made it plain by his (lack of) actions that he'd given up. And when the inevitable happened and Burton got the winner, I was left to consider that, if the Team Manager can make it so obvious how little he cares, why should I care any more.

I'm sickened by the way this football club is being run - from the Chairman, his hangers-on, the Manager, the whole bloody shower. PAFC is rotten to the core.

It was for about 15 minutes or so in the second that Argyle had Burton rattled. Why,oh why can't Argyle push on for a second and hold out for the victory.

As soon as Burton got their first,they had lifted spirits and pressured Argyle non-stop until they got their second.

I am pig sick tonight with that display [bar those 15 minutes in the second half].
Back to top Go down
Old Timer

PostSubject: Re: Carl Fletcher's Body Language   Carl Fletcher's Body Language EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 10:43 pm

I saw the same lack of passion from Fletcher and from some of the players.Do they do any training ? If they do you would never know it.
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

PostSubject: Re: Carl Fletcher's Body Language   Carl Fletcher's Body Language EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 11:34 pm

I'd like to show Carl Fletcher some Body Language, a one finger salute.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carl Fletcher's Body Language   Carl Fletcher's Body Language EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 11:38 pm

From the commentary it sounded like Macca was injured in a 50/50 challenge that he couldn't shake off.

Apparently his Nan passed away this morning and he played like his mind was somewhere else according to Fletcher.

Condolences to him and his family.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

PostSubject: Re: Carl Fletcher's Body Language   Carl Fletcher's Body Language EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 12:19 am

He did the same against Dorchester, whilst we were all on an open terrace, freezing cold and getting soaked he was slumped in his dugout hiding away. Would you ever see mourinho, wenger or rodgers doing that sort of thing?

Im really starting to dislike this bloke, never comes out in an interview and apologies for the teams woeful performances, never claps the away fans and never tries to inspire the team from his technical box. Please just do the honourable thing and resign Carl.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carl Fletcher's Body Language   Carl Fletcher's Body Language EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 12:54 pm

GreenWhiteBlack wrote:
He did the same against Dorchester, whilst we were all on an open terrace, freezing cold and getting soaked he was slumped in his dugout hiding away. Would you ever see mourinho, wenger or rodgers doing that sort of thing?

Im really starting to dislike this bloke, never comes out in an interview and apologies for the teams woeful performances, never claps the away fans and never tries to inspire the team from his technical box. Please just do the honourable thing and resign Carl.

Can't argue with any of this.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Carl Fletcher's Body Language   Carl Fletcher's Body Language EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 1:00 pm

Similar things were said about Luggy at the end of his second managerial spell- dis-interested, slumped back etc. Is this a trait of a struggling manager?

How I would like a decent motivating manager- an Ollie type. Martin Allen would have been ideal, Paul Ince may even qualify (and has a good lower league record)?

But JB will not sack Fletch in the foreseeable future- I would guess the managerial 3 are on about £4k/ week (total) so compo could be as much as £100k. I think our only saving grace would be to bring in an advisor/DOF, but whether CF would accept this would be debatable.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Carl Fletcher's Body Language   Carl Fletcher's Body Language EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 1:28 pm

The only thing that surprises me is why it takes some people so long to realise the bloody obvious.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Carl Fletcher's Body Language   Carl Fletcher's Body Language EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 1:48 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Similar things were said about Luggy at the end of his second managerial spell- dis-interested, slumped back etc. Is this a trait of a struggling manager?

How I would like a decent motivating manager- an Ollie type. Martin Allen would have been ideal, Paul Ince may even qualify (and has a good lower league record)?

But JB will not sack Fletch in the foreseeable future- I would guess the managerial 3 are on about £4k/ week (total) so compo could be as much as £100k. I think our only saving grace would be to bring in an advisor/DOF, but whether CF would accept this would be debatable.

The club will lose a lot more money through the turnstyles if they don't clear out the deadwood and start winning matches at these dizzy heights.
Back to top Go down
`rgill

PostSubject: Re: Carl Fletcher's Body Language   Carl Fletcher's Body Language EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 3:26 pm

Tringreen wrote:
The only thing that surprises me is why it takes some people so long to realise the bloody obvious.
It only took me 25 years to realise we were shit and on the road to nowherere.(or perhaps Alfreton)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carl Fletcher's Body Language   Carl Fletcher's Body Language Empty

Back to top Go down

Carl Fletcher's Body Language
Page 1 of 1