Dingle
pepsipete
Mock Cuncher
akagreengull
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread   Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 9:30 pm

GreenSam wrote:
Make that 1-2.

Fletcher must be on borrowed time now surely.

Na ..the speccy banker can see no wrong in Fletch.
Webb,Newell, Fanfests, Forza Nerd, giant flags.... take a hike

1,000 fans down tonight...the alarm bells should be ringing
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread   Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 9:34 pm

Yea Man wrote:
GreenSam wrote:
Make that 1-2.

Fletcher must be on borrowed time now surely.

But that would mean Brent spending some money to get rid.

Just can't see it happening.
Yeah but it's the balance of the money we'd lose by allowing him to stay in charge.

Also I guess the money if we were to sack him would come not from Brent's pocket but the overall budget. Perhaps it would be subsidised by a few January sales of young players? Clutching at very miserable straws.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread   Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 9:39 pm

I just honestly can't see Fletcher going.

Actually I can, but he gets replaced by another cheap(free) option.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread   Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 9:47 pm

looking on the bright side I have just got my first forecasting league result right sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread   Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 10:00 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Fletcher is an insult to dog shit. A stinking dog egg could manage the team better then this "exceptional individual"

I know an exceptional individual, Felix Baumgartner, or Bradley Wiggins, Mo Farah, people with disablities who still make something of their lives. Carl Fletcher was an average top level footballer who can't manage the English language nevermind manage a football team.

The players get blame too but this guy has played at the top level so he must know they are shit, or if they're not shit then he can't get them to play.

Do the honourable thing and walk Fletcher. It doesn't appear that James Brent will sack you and you are an embarrassment. Any more defeats and it will be a relegation battle again, but not to worry, it's not until next season we're going up!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread   Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 10:06 pm

Grumpy wrote:
looking on the bright side I have just got my first forecasting league result right sunny
me to grumps flower
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread   Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 10:10 pm

Situation now hopeless. We all heard the non-investing banker say how much we fans love clueless as we're all writing in to make sure he's still in charge when we are expelled from the football league next May. The non-ivesting banker scum will never sack clueless.

GET OUT BRENT YOU ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread   Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 10:15 pm

The party's over. It's time to call it a day.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread   Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 10:18 pm

Another £20 wasted. Mad

Bizarrely, the 1st 15 minutes of the second half was the best football I've seen them play all season. We actually looked like a proper team, playing proper attacking football, getting crosses in and genuinely looking dangerous.

But 15 out of 90 ain't good enough. Didn't really see what happened for the first goal, but Cole has palmed it out for the 2nd - right to their player. Burton didn't look a decent side at all, but have come away with a win because we can't defend.

We counted 27 away fans.

Forza Verde anonymous (well it was a school night I suppose)

Back to top Go down
fridgey

fridgey

PostSubject: Re: Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread   Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 10:37 pm

Well that was my first game in over a year. First half was eminently forgettable with just Majo's header the only effort of note. Have to agree with Czarcasm that first 15 mins of the 2nd half was impressive, however we failed to build on the goal. PCH faded as he was kicked into submission and the inevitable fight back happened. I can see that Fletcher is trying to get a side to play football but I have to question the wisdom of this, every other team in this division play with 10 6.6' outfield players and play a very "physical" game so why aren't we fighting fire with fire is the obvious question?
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread   Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 10:49 pm

The sadness is that there was no discernible reaction to Sundays defeat. No desire to right the ignominy of getting knock out by a bunch of part timers live of TV. No attempt to right the perceived injustice of the sending off. No puffing out the chest standing tall and showing everyone that they are better than that. No letting the football do the talking. No coming out all guns blazing. No pride. No passion.

Just sad.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread   Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 11:00 pm

The first half was just awful. Both sides truly shockingly awful. Burton did nothing much at all and all we managed was a right footed shot wide by Bhasera and a well-saved header by somebody. No other shots at goal at all. In the second half Feeney beautifullly lost his marker and set PCH, on for an early injury to MacDonald, through who scored nicely. PCH was alive for a while and was chopped several times by various Burton players who all got yellow cards for their thuggery. To this point Burton hadn't threatened at all and Lowry was taking some lovely set-pieces. It all looked good. At one stage the inter-passing between PCH and Guerreri reminded me of the Buzsaky/Halmosi era when they only passed to each other. Then Burton had a corner, Madjo, who might have been useful defensively, stayed by the centre pot and Burton scored, possibly about 3 times, from the same cross before the goal was definitely given. Then another cross saw Cole, under no pressure at all, punch the ball straight to them and it was 2-1. Griffiths came on for Madjo and Lennox for Lowry and for the rest of the game we had absolutely no shape at all. At one stage Lennox seemed to be marking PCH on the right wing and Young was marking Feeney on the left with nobody at all in the middle. It's a complete mystery to me how we managed to lose this game. Burton were so rubbish it was untrue. And the crowd size suggests that there was almost no paying customers there at all so God help the cashflow. Where do we go from here?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread   Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 11:01 pm

They think it's all over, well guess what Mr Brent They are right it is now.

Happy with the crowd numbers tonight no? thought not
happy with Carl the clueless and his team tonight no? thought not
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread   Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 11:13 pm

Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide
No escape from reality
Open your eyes
Look up to the skies and see

How apt
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread   Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 11:18 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
The first half was just awful. Both sides truly shockingly awful. Burton did nothing much at all and all we managed was a right footed shot wide by Bhasera and a well-saved header by somebody. No other shots at goal at all. In the second half Feeney beautifullly lost his marker and set PCH, on for an early injury to MacDonald, through who scored nicely. PCH was alive for a while and was chopped several times by various Burton players who all got yellow cards for their thuggery. To this point Burton hadn't threatened at all and Lowry was taking some lovely set-pieces. It all looked good. At one stage the inter-passing between PCH and Guerreri reminded me of the Buzsaky/Halmosi era when they only passed to each other. Then Burton had a corner, Madjo, who might have been useful defensively, stayed by the centre pot and Burton scored, possibly about 3 times, from the same cross before the goal was definitely given. Then another cross saw Cole, under no pressure at all, punch the ball straight to them and it was 2-1. Griffiths came on for Madjo and Lennox for Lowry and for the rest of the game we had absolutely no shape at all. At one stage Lennox seemed to be marking PCH on the right wing and Young was marking Feeney on the left with nobody at all in the middle. It's a complete mystery to me how we managed to lose this game. Burton were so rubbish it was untrue. And the crowd size suggests that there was almost no paying customers there at all so God help the cashflow. Where do we go from here?

Sums it up really.Not able to kick a team in the bollocks when they were down,concentration lapsed twice,which is simply not good enough for profesional football. I actually can see Fletchers argument about being in total control but one of the really glaring faults in the team is the lack of goal power throughout it.Don't really like making comparisons or highlighting individual incidents but if Nelson had buried a totally free header when it was 1-0,then it would have been game over.I'd have backed someone like Coughlan to have put that one in-2-0,game over,instead it was still there for a team who had not troubled Cole once previously..Makes all the difference and the lack of goals from our midfield and defenders is going to take a heavy toll on the points tally at seasons end,especially with strikers who can't be described as prolific.Where do we go from here? Clear to me that Fletcher needs to be replaced and someone in the Cotterill mould brought in-pragmatic,previously successful in this division and whose reputation would automatically command respect.Big test of Brent's mettle for me to see if he truly is prepared to provide the financial support needed [as per his takeover statement] to get the club moving upwards again-firstly to pay Fletcher off and then to bring in someone of the right calibre at the right price.Not holding my breath though.
Back to top Go down
SirCumfrance

PostSubject: Re: Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread   Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 5:18 am

After hearing of last nights defeat, I felt nothing. No emotion, no reaction.

At the start of the season I felt detached from the club, now I feel that all links I ever had have been severed, all lines cut, cast adrift. 35 years worth of support means nothing.

I can't help but plagiarise GJs wonderfully eloquant and succinct turn of phrase.

I too have run out of feck's to give.

Thanks Brent.
Thanks Webb.
Thanks Newell.
Thanks Fletcher.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread   Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brewers Droop - The Burton Albion Match Thread
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3