Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Is anyone watching the guy jumping out of the helium balloon?

Go down 
+2
Dougie
Charlie Wood
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Is anyone watching the guy jumping out of the helium balloon? Empty
PostSubject: Is anyone watching the guy jumping out of the helium balloon?   Is anyone watching the guy jumping out of the helium balloon? EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 5:09 pm

Truly nuts...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone watching the guy jumping out of the helium balloon?   Is anyone watching the guy jumping out of the helium balloon? EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 5:43 pm

What amazes me is the guy who did it 50 years ago, he probably wore an extra pair of gloves, warm socks and some swimming googles.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone watching the guy jumping out of the helium balloon?   Is anyone watching the guy jumping out of the helium balloon? EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 5:47 pm

Not wrong Charlie. Just read up on the original guy who is 81 now. He went up in a normal basket balloon...!! none of your capsule rubbish. Capsule, basket...who cares? What an amazing feat...if he lives...
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone watching the guy jumping out of the helium balloon?   Is anyone watching the guy jumping out of the helium balloon? EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 7:19 pm

Astonishing. The whole family watched in absolute awe. Can't say that that happens very often these days. Amazing how he gently landed on his feet. I make more fuss jumping off a low wall.
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone watching the guy jumping out of the helium balloon?   Is anyone watching the guy jumping out of the helium balloon? EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 7:27 pm

Amazing, truely amazing. Over 700 mph in descent. pale
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone watching the guy jumping out of the helium balloon?   Is anyone watching the guy jumping out of the helium balloon? EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 7:54 pm

I have jumped from almost a mile up (three times). Sadly I forgot my chute. But it was alright, when I landed I went to the store and got one.
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone watching the guy jumping out of the helium balloon?   Is anyone watching the guy jumping out of the helium balloon? EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 8:00 pm

knecht wrote:
I have jumped from almost a mile up (three times). Sadly I forgot my chute. But it was alright, when I landed I went to the store and got one.

Freak.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone watching the guy jumping out of the helium balloon?   Is anyone watching the guy jumping out of the helium balloon? EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 8:06 pm

Yes, it was most unusual.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone watching the guy jumping out of the helium balloon?   Is anyone watching the guy jumping out of the helium balloon? EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 9:31 pm

It would have been better if he had used a motocross bike to jump with.
Back to top Go down
Just rob

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone watching the guy jumping out of the helium balloon?   Is anyone watching the guy jumping out of the helium balloon? EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 1:17 pm

I was watching " take me out " , recited from the night before
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone watching the guy jumping out of the helium balloon?   Is anyone watching the guy jumping out of the helium balloon? EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 1:54 pm

Nah, I gave up after 10 minutes... bloody awful neck ache I had Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone watching the guy jumping out of the helium balloon?   Is anyone watching the guy jumping out of the helium balloon? EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 5:35 pm

It's not that amazing.

This is amazing.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Watch the video to see how it ends.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone watching the guy jumping out of the helium balloon?   Is anyone watching the guy jumping out of the helium balloon? EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 5:44 pm

hairy j wrote:
It's not that amazing.

This is amazing.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Watch the video to see how it ends.

Not that amazing. It's just a drunk naked bloke being mounted in mid-air by two of his college mates.

We've all done it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone watching the guy jumping out of the helium balloon?   Is anyone watching the guy jumping out of the helium balloon? EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 8:30 pm

If you look at my posts above you will see that I have done that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone watching the guy jumping out of the helium balloon?   Is anyone watching the guy jumping out of the helium balloon? EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 1:25 pm

knecht wrote:

It was all the hot air coming up from PASOTI that saved you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone watching the guy jumping out of the helium balloon?   Is anyone watching the guy jumping out of the helium balloon? EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 2:45 pm

When I was waiting for the plane to do my first jump, the instructors all around us suddenly went quiet and all you could hear was a joint intake of breath. Someone's chute hadn't opened. It was her first free-fall. After what seemed a long time her reserve opened. As soon as she landed she was kitted up again and shoved into our plane to do another jump immediately. It didn't give us rookies much confidence. But it was great!
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone watching the guy jumping out of the helium balloon?   Is anyone watching the guy jumping out of the helium balloon? EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 3:10 pm

I don't reckon he jumped. You can see the flag fluttering in the background and on the moon there's no wind. Plus if you were jumping from the moon you end up at Mars or Pluto. Yeah this is faked.
Back to top Go down
http://www.haleendafc.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone watching the guy jumping out of the helium balloon?   Is anyone watching the guy jumping out of the helium balloon? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is anyone watching the guy jumping out of the helium balloon?
Page 1 of 1