The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Argyle try to boost defensive

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Argyle try to boost defensive Empty
PostSubject: Argyle try to boost defensive   Argyle try to boost defensive EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 6:24 am

Fletcher aiming to boost Argyle's defensive ranks with Regular centre-back pairing Maxime Blanchard and Darren Purse will be both absent.

Blanchard with concussion. Darren Purse with a one-match suspension.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Argyle try to boost defensive   Argyle try to boost defensive EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 9:14 am

I presume Soukana has been released, as he could otherwise have presumably been used as back up in defence for the JPT.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/

PostSubject: Re: Argyle try to boost defensive   Argyle try to boost defensive EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 9:21 am

Flat_Track_Bully wrote:
I presume Soukana has been released, as he could otherwise have presumably been used as back up in defence for the JPT.

Yeah Soukouna was released earlier this season. I thought he could've been a handy player. Big and strong and obviously had some talent, but not as good as Gurrieri, Lennox and the other wingers apparently!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle try to boost defensive   Argyle try to boost defensive EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 9:23 am

Purse is out for one match - presumably the JPT v Aldershot. Why not play a youngster there rather than getting in some old hack on a month's loan?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle try to boost defensive   Argyle try to boost defensive EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 10:03 am

Surely tomorrow would be as good a time as any to allow Jamie Richards a game? The JPT isnt taken seriously by the club at all as sparksy calls it the mickey mouse cup so may aswell give him a chance rather than go out and sign a defender on a weeks loan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle try to boost defensive   Argyle try to boost defensive EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 10:22 am

Purse is in agony with a toe complaint (it didn't,t heal after an op) why not rest him for 3 or 4 weeks and get hi m properly fit, everybody has noticed how off his game he is, he is no good to us injured, sort the problem out now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle try to boost defensive   Argyle try to boost defensive EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 10:24 am

Iggy wrote:
Purse is in agony with a toe complaint (it didn't,t heal after an op) why not rest him for 3 or 4 weeks and get hi m properly fit, everybody has noticed how off his game he is, he is no good to us injured, sort the problem out now.

but football friend has to play otherwise it will upset his mates!
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Argyle try to boost defensive   Argyle try to boost defensive EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 10:56 am

Greenjock wrote:
Flat_Track_Bully wrote:

Yeah Soukouna was released earlier this season. I thought he could've been a handy player. Big and strong and obviously had some talent, but not as good as Gurrieri, Lennox and the other wingers apparently!
He's big, strong and energetic but that's all he is. No footballing talent at all and no footballing brain. He was one of the three players who I feel had to be moved on and offer nothing at all to the side- Gurreri and Chadwick being the other two.

I'd say Lennox and probably Gurreri are better than him. Clumsy, can't control a ball and zero composure. The rest of our squad is limited, but I think he, with the exception of Chadders was the worst of the lot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle try to boost defensive   Argyle try to boost defensive EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 11:23 am

GreenSam wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
Flat_Track_Bully wrote:

He's big, strong and energetic but that's all he is. No footballing talent at all and no footballing brain. He was one of the three players who I feel had to be moved on and offer nothing at all to the side- Gurreri and Chadwick being the other two.

I'd say Lennox and probably Gurreri are better than him. Clumsy, can't control a ball and zero composure. The rest of our squad is limited, but I think he, with the exception of Chadders was the worst of the lot.

I don't think saying no football brain brings anything to your argument Sam. That would rule out the majority of our squad.

In my opinion Soukouna in the squad would be more useful than Lennox, Gurrieri, Chadwick and the loanee sent back to Wolves because he wasn't being used, Gorman.

Soukouna was released AFTER Lowry got injured, which left us extremely lightweight in midfield and Centre back, if we had any suspensions or injuries, as we have now. And Soukouna could play in either position.

We are short of defensive options again, and the only person to blame for that is Carl Fletcher. He has a squad of what, 28 players now? and yet is struggling to field a team? Paul Wotton is an ageing player who is suffering with injury. Darren Purse is an ageing player suffering from injury.

The likelihood of that happening was pretty good in my opinion, yet nothing was done to address the situation when the chance was there. A clear-out was called for in the summer but Fletcher decided he had the majority of a decent squad, and added to it with 2 non-league players and more lightweight wingers.

I have no sympathy for our manager over the size and depth of the squad. That is solely his responsibilty and he right royally fecked that up.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Argyle try to boost defensive   Argyle try to boost defensive EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 12:35 pm

Disagree that all our squad have no brain at all. It's a very limited squad but in my view most are a step up from Soukouna especially mentally. I think Young, Hourihane, Wotton, Copp all in the same position have a much better brain aside from other positions.

I'd only have him above Chadwick of that list, with Gurreri about level with him. Lennox and Gorman in spite of being sparsely used have actually shown signs of being quite good at football at times. Ladji, imo of course, never did.

I fully agree that I have no sympathy over the bloated squad. It's the main reason for our failure. The money wasted on average players could have bought us one killer winger, striker or centre-midfielder who would turn a few draws into wins.
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: Argyle try to boost defensive   Argyle try to boost defensive EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 12:39 pm

Absolutely agree with that final sentence Sam.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Argyle try to boost defensive   Argyle try to boost defensive EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 2:59 pm

Between Brent and Fletcher the squad has been badly mismanaged - no surprise there. Idea
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle try to boost defensive   Argyle try to boost defensive EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 3:13 pm

GreenSam wrote:
Disagree that all our squad have no brain at all. It's a very limited squad but in my view most are a step up from Soukouna especially mentally. I think Young, Hourihane, Wotton, Copp all in the same position have a much better brain aside from other positions.

I'd only have him above Chadwick of that list, with Gurreri about level with him. Lennox and Gorman in spite of being sparsely used have actually shown signs of being quite good at football at times. Ladji, imo of course, never did.

I fully agree that I have no sympathy over the bloated squad. It's the main reason for our failure. The money wasted on average players could have bought us one killer winger, striker or centre-midfielder who would turn a few draws into wins.

I was being a bit sarcastic, but we don't play like we have thinkers in the team.

I would love to see Copp getting a run out for a few games. I keep hearing how good he is or is going to be and unless he is going to be scarred for life by playing in such a shit team, I think it's time he was given the chance.

Of course he may not be showing much in training, so Fletcher doesn't rate him at the moment, which would then render all the positive vibes about him useless.

Not having a team in the reserve league is causing us problems I fear. The up and coming players should be getting regular game play, and someone like PCH could build his confidence by scoring a few against lesser sides. The Blue Square South is still going to be better than a reserves league so he would surely shine against other reserve teams.

If players like Copp and Harper-Penman, Sims and Lecointe aren't going to be getting games for the first team then I think they should be out on loan, even if it's for local league teams. It doesn't need to be a season long loan, a month at a time would at least get them a game and increase their match fitness and confidence.

I would think someone like PCH would thrive on confidence and getting a few goals, and might make him more determined to get into the managers plans again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle try to boost defensive   Argyle try to boost defensive EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 4:28 pm

Greenjock wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

I was being a bit sarcastic, but we don't play like we have thinkers in the team.

I would love to see Copp getting a run out for a few games. I keep hearing how good he is or is going to be and unless he is going to be scarred for life by playing in such a shit team, I think it's time he was given the chance.

Of course he may not be showing much in training, so Fletcher doesn't rate him at the moment, which would then render all the positive vibes about him useless.

Not having a team in the reserve league is causing us problems I fear. The up and coming players should be getting regular game play, and someone like PCH could build his confidence by scoring a few against lesser sides. The Blue Square South is still going to be better than a reserves league so he would surely shine against other reserve teams.

If players like Copp and Harper-Penman, Sims and Lecointe aren't going to be getting games for the first team then I think they should be out on loan, even if it's for local league teams. It doesn't need to be a season long loan, a month at a time would at least get them a game and increase their match fitness and confidence.

I would think someone like PCH would thrive on confidence and getting a few goals, and might make him more determined to get into the managers plans again.

Who are these "lesser teams" that you speak of? Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle try to boost defensive   Argyle try to boost defensive EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 7:28 pm

Iggy wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

What was fucktard Bunneys team called again? 11-0 that's a rugby score Dane. Best concentrate on your real skill, making yourself look a total cnut.

Yankee green lol! oh how can I fill my spare time now that small-town rovers have sacked me for being the laughing stock of southwest football?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle try to boost defensive   Argyle try to boost defensive EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 7:28 pm

I would have Paul Bignot back any day. Can play RB and CB.
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: Argyle try to boost defensive   Argyle try to boost defensive EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 8:43 am

He was never really up to it. What's he doing these days?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle try to boost defensive   Argyle try to boost defensive EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 9:15 am

Greenjock wrote:
Iggy wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

What was fucktard Bunneys team called again? 11-0 that's a rugby score Dane. Best concentrate on your real skill, making yourself look a total cnut.

Yankee green lol! oh how can I fill my spare time now that small-town rovers have sacked me for being the laughing stock of southwest football?

That be Cullompton that you speak of. Since Fergie fuckwit Dane moved on (that's Fergie as in Sarah, certainly not Alex) they won at the weekend.

Now.................lose 11-0 to win 3-2 away from home....?

Anyone know what changed in between?

lol! lol! lol! lol!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle try to boost defensive   Argyle try to boost defensive Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle try to boost defensive
Page 1 of 1