Dougie
Mock Cuncher
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

What trouble gaming can get you into - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What trouble gaming can get you into   What trouble gaming can get you into - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 6:56 pm

This topic has reminded me of the Amazon reviews (and comments on reviews) of the following product.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/

PostSubject: Re: What trouble gaming can get you into   What trouble gaming can get you into - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 6:58 pm

Flat_Track_Bully wrote:
This topic has reminded me of the Amazon reviews (and comments on reviews) of the following product.

So the next big question for Hairy J has to be...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What trouble gaming can get you into   What trouble gaming can get you into - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 6:59 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
Flat_Track_Bully wrote:

So the next big question for Hairy J has to be...

He's probably got an endless supply lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What trouble gaming can get you into   What trouble gaming can get you into - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 8:22 pm

Wow. Can you trade them in at Game when you've used them?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What trouble gaming can get you into   What trouble gaming can get you into - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 8:45 pm

Hairy, serious question. Is £100 for a black Wii with 6 games and loads of accessories like steering wheel, recharging module? and two controls a decent price?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What trouble gaming can get you into   What trouble gaming can get you into - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 9:02 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Hairy, serious question. Is £100 for a black Wii with 6 games and loads of accessories like steering wheel, recharging module? and two controls a decent price?

It depends on the games really. The console's worth about £30 second hand - if it comes with two controllers, it is. It's a pretty decent little console and it's wi-fi too and comes with a web browser and iplayer and you can put an SD card into it. You also have something called the virtual console on there where you can buy older Nintendo titles (like Mario 64) and indie games. There's loads of channels on there too. It's worth hacking it too as there's a load of good stuff you can do on it if you've got a bit of tech know-how. What are the games?

Nintendo are releasing the WiiU relatively soon - end of November and it'll be £300ish (there's load of versions)

It might be worth it if the games are good ones. If you have a HDTV, you really need to get a component lead though as they can look really bad on a HDTV as they're not HD consoles - they do 480p.

I have one upstairs in the kids play room linked up to an old CRT TV and they love it - it's pretty good and I think in Mario Galaxy, it still has the best game this generation.

It's worth £60 probably.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What trouble gaming can get you into   What trouble gaming can get you into - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 9:34 pm

Ok thanks. I was offered one today thats all. Actually it has seven games not six but from what you say it's still a bit steep.

I was sort of tempted to get it for the kids because it has Mario golf which I might have tried, Mario kart which is always a laugh and a dance one that I could have put my leotard on when no-one's around.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What trouble gaming can get you into   What trouble gaming can get you into - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 9:39 pm

Mario Kart is great and quite easy (it can be infuriating online though). Mario Golf is good if you play it without the wiimote. It's worth £60 if it has a second controller included (they're about £30 new I think).

How old are the kids? It might be better getting and Xbox with Kinect (although that's about £250).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What trouble gaming can get you into   What trouble gaming can get you into - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 9:50 pm

8 and 18 months. I know the tiny one won't be using it yet but he would eventually.

It's sold now anyway!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What trouble gaming can get you into   What trouble gaming can get you into - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 10:47 am

A quick update for Jock.

Quote :
There have been mass deaths in the cities of World of Warcraft. Piles and piles of skeletons littered the floors around the murderers - level 1 characters who killed everything, players and AI characters alike, without lifting a finger.
How did they do that? "A kill hack," explained one of the perpetrators on a forum I tracked down easily but probably shouldn't link to.

This is tragic news.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What trouble gaming can get you into   What trouble gaming can get you into - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 11:07 am

Get an XBox Jock, much better.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: What trouble gaming can get you into   What trouble gaming can get you into - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 7:09 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
Am I the only ATDer who's NEVER owned any sort of Games Console?

No your not! Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What trouble gaming can get you into   What trouble gaming can get you into - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 7:21 pm

Richard Blight wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:

No your not! Shocked

Both of you should be utterly ashamed - I order you both to buy a Sega Dreamcast on ebay immediately.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: What trouble gaming can get you into   What trouble gaming can get you into - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 7:52 pm

scratch
hairy j wrote:
Richard Blight wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:

No your not! Shocked

Both of you should be utterly ashamed - I order you both to buy a Sega Dreamcast on ebay immediately.

scratch but I don't need a new lawnmower.....

Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: What trouble gaming can get you into   What trouble gaming can get you into - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 9:04 pm

Away you go, Hairy....

I like the royal 'we' from President Webb.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: What trouble gaming can get you into   What trouble gaming can get you into - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 9:41 pm

Mods, Can we use the 'Donate' button, to buy this outfit for Hairy, so he can turn up, kick their Fifa butts, then turn them all into Goblins & stuff?

That'd be proper ace.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: What trouble gaming can get you into   What trouble gaming can get you into - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 9:45 pm

GO HAIRY!

WIN FOR FREEDOM, FOR JUSTICE, FOR FALLEN COMRADES, FOR ATD!
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: What trouble gaming can get you into   What trouble gaming can get you into - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 9:55 pm

I've asked for some further details.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What trouble gaming can get you into   What trouble gaming can get you into - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 10:00 pm

Don't get over excited then. And they call me boring for feck sake.

Go on do it son for your children if nothing else.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: What trouble gaming can get you into   What trouble gaming can get you into - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 11:22 pm

Whats the betting hairy goes out in the 1st round! Laughing

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What trouble gaming can get you into   What trouble gaming can get you into - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 11:24 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Mods, Can we use the 'Donate' button, to buy this outfit for Hairy, so he can turn up, kick their Fifa butts, then turn them all into Goblins & stuff?

That'd be proper ace.

I could do with one of those for my next visit to Westward Bound!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What trouble gaming can get you into   What trouble gaming can get you into - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What trouble gaming can get you into
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2