A Sense of Perspective..

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

A Sense of Perspective.. Empty
PostSubject: A Sense of Perspective..   A Sense of Perspective.. EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 10:37 pm

Some of you may have noticed, or not, as the case may be, that I have been rather quiet on this forum lately. Apart from being busy with other things, a close friend of mine of well over 30 years recently committed suicide by hanging himself. No-one knows why he did it. He leaves a wife, and they were on the point of emigrating to Australia to be with their children.

As you can imagine, I, and others who knew him, have been in total shock - it's a difficult thing to get your head around, particularly when there was no indication of anything wrong. I can only imagine what his poor wife and their children are going through.

So, for me, that puts everything else into perspective. And it tells me that life is for living and making what you can out of it, because no-one knows what's around the corner. The trials and tribulations of a football club pale into insignificance.

Just something to bear in mind when people like Webb and Newell and others start spouting off. They really, really don't matter.

If one good thing has come out of it, for us, Mrs PP and I have decided to press on with the purchase of a property in Spain, (on a golf course, naturally). Winters out there, summers back here.

Apologies for a rather self indulgent post, but there you go.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Sense of Perspective..   A Sense of Perspective.. EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 10:41 pm

Aye PP stick with real life first, this internet garbage should really only be a slender slice of frivolity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Sense of Perspective..   A Sense of Perspective.. EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 10:43 pm

I'm sure lots of us could do with that message, PP.

Take care.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Sense of Perspective..   A Sense of Perspective.. Empty

Back to top Go down

A Sense of Perspective..
Page 1 of 1