+2
Dougie
Tgwu
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Seeking Extension Empty
PostSubject: Seeking Extension   Seeking Extension EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 7:32 am

BOTH Alex MacDonald and Guy Madjo will see their loan spells expire after Saturday's npower League 2 game with Wimbledon, but Argyle manager Carl Fletcher is desperate to extend them.
Alex, 22, and Guy, 28, have scored two goals between them for the Pilgrims this season. and Fletch is keen for their form to continue.

"We'd obviously like to keep Alex here for longer.

"His last game is Saturday so that will probably give us some time to sort it.

"I've not spoken to Madj, but obviously we'd like to extend it so we need to talk to him and we'll need to speak to Aldershot, too.

"Guy's settled in and the lad's have taken to him. When he plays he's a focal point for us and I was pleased for him to get his goal [on Saturday]."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

Seeking Extension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seeking Extension   Seeking Extension EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 7:44 am

Looking to continue loan after Mickey Mouse Cup

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Seeking Extension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seeking Extension   Seeking Extension EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 7:45 am

On loan from aldershot. FFS.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Seeking Extension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seeking Extension   Seeking Extension EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 8:02 am

Tgwu wrote:

BOTH Alex MacDonald and Guy Madjo will see their loan spells expire after Saturday's npower League 2 game with Wimbledon, but Argyle manager Carl Fletcher is desperate to extend them.
Alex, 22, and Guy, 28, have scored two goals between them for the Pilgrims this season. and Fletch is keen for their form to continue.

"I've not spoken to Madj, but obviously we'd like to extend it so we need to talk to him and we'll need to speak to Aldershot, too.

"Guy's settled in and the lad's have taken to him. When he plays he's a focal point for us and I was pleased for him to get his goal [on Saturday]."

Apostrophe abuse! it should be lads

What are the people who write the articles thinking!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by mouldyoldgoat on Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Seeking Extension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seeking Extension   Seeking Extension EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 8:17 am

Tgwu wrote:

Might be an idea to ask him I suppose!
Back to top Go down
SirCumfrance

Seeking Extension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seeking Extension   Seeking Extension EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 8:33 am

Nothing like weakening your bargaining position......"desperate to keep them".

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

Seeking Extension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seeking Extension   Seeking Extension EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 9:38 am

Of course he is desperate to keep them, our long term project of climbing the leagues through playing Brazillian style football depends on keeping both these players as the 28 or so that Fletch has actually signed can,t score in a brothel.
Back to top Go down

Seeking Extension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seeking Extension   Seeking Extension EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 5:27 pm

Freathy wrote:
On loan from aldershot. FFS.

It doesn't matter if he has signed on loan from Real Madrid or Aldershot. He's a footballer. And a decent one at that.
Back to top Go down

Seeking Extension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seeking Extension   Seeking Extension EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 7:35 pm

Pure snobbery Freathy. So what if we got him on loan from another league 2 club. He is a decent enough player. We got Mackie from Exeter when they were in a lower league. We got Larrieu and Friio from French second division. We got Noone from non league. What were we thinking FFS. There must be plenty of other things to find to moan about than where a player came from.
Back to top Go down

Seeking Extension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seeking Extension   Seeking Extension EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 7:38 pm

Paul Mariner came from Chorley. Tommy Tynan came from Newport County. Freathy came from under a rock.
Back to top Go down

Seeking Extension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seeking Extension   Seeking Extension EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 7:51 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Pure snobbery Freathy. So what if we got him on loan from another league 2 club. He is a decent enough player. We got Mackie from Exeter when they were in a lower league. We got Larrieu and Friio from French second division. We got Noone from non league. What were we thinking FFS. There must be plenty of other things to find to moan about than where a player came from.

Snobbery ? you are joking. The pertinent word is 'loan' allied with Aldershot. If you cannot see the difference between 'loan from Aldershot' and 'purchase from Chorley', then you really are not that bright, or you're just joshing.
This is football ... competitive sport, not what carpet you're laying in your hall, or if your gardener is retained or cash paid.
Like it or not, there's a food chain in professional football. A club this size should not be 'loaning' players from Aldershot, anymore than Manchester should be 'loaning' players from us.
In any competitive endeavour, you put your best foot forward, and it's all about confidence and front .. you don't loan from Aldershot if you mean business up where this club belongs.
Back to top Go down

Seeking Extension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seeking Extension   Seeking Extension EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 7:57 pm

Given that we don't have a spending owner; given that we didn't have a proper clear-out during the summer; given that both MacDonald and Madjo have had something positive to contribute; given that we all want Argyle to be in a much higher division; loaning players from anywhere is acceptable.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Seeking Extension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seeking Extension   Seeking Extension EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 8:02 pm

Penzance wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:

Snobbery ? you are joking. The pertinent word is 'loan' allied with Aldershot. If you cannot see the difference between 'loan from Aldershot' and 'purchase from Chorley', then you really are not that bright, or you're just joshing.
This is football ... competitive sport, not what carpet you're laying in your hall, or if your gardener is retained or cash paid.
Like it or not, there's a food chain in professional football. A club this size should not be 'loaning' players from Aldershot, anymore than Manchester should be 'loaning' players from us.
In any competitive endeavour, you put your best foot forward, and it's all about confidence and front .. you don't loan from Aldershot if you mean business up where this club belongs.

Agreed.Exactly the same as 32 year old non league player from Port Talbot,injury prone disaster area from Chesterfield and player who couldn't get into a team which went 23 games without a win in the same division as Argyle last year.It isn't snobbery at all,just a case of deducing from a players previous record that he's unlikely to be any good.And indeed,that has so far proved to be the case.As a matter of fact,i quite like the look of what i've seen of Madjo so far-really makes you wonder why he hasn't settled at any of his previous clubs. Question
Back to top Go down

Seeking Extension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seeking Extension   Seeking Extension EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 8:11 pm

Penzance I didn't say anything about buying anyone from Chorley so why the insult that I must be lacking something. Try quoting the right person.

I could not care less where a player comes from if he does a job for us and it works. "There is a pecking order" FFS (to quote one of Freathy's favourite sayings), we finished below most teams last season. Madjo probably thought it was a backward step for him to come here initially. Like I said there must be a lot better and important things to moan about than where a player comes from.

"deducing from a players previous record that he is unlikely to be any good" "as a matter of fact I quite like what I've seen so far" Erm......so you aren't a snob but were wrong about him then Greenskin. Ah well, nobody's right about everything are they.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Seeking Extension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seeking Extension   Seeking Extension EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 8:22 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Penzance I didn't say anything about buying anyone from Chorley so why the insult that I must be lacking something. Try quoting the right person.

I could not care less where a player comes from if he does a job for us and it works. "There is a pecking order" FFS (to quote one of Freathy's favourite sayings), we finished below most teams last season. Madjo probably thought it was a backward step for him to come here initially. Like I said there must be a lot better and important things to moan about than where a player comes from.

"deducing from a players previous record that he is unlikely to be any good" "as a matter of fact I quite like what I've seen so far" Erm......so you aren't a snob but were wrong about him then Greenskin. Ah well, nobody's right about everything are they.

I don't know if you are especially skilled at reading between the lines but;

"really makes you wonder why he hasn't settled at any of his previous clubs".

Which was the last line of my previous post and left out of your response.Read it,inwardly digest and make of it what you will.
Back to top Go down

Seeking Extension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seeking Extension   Seeking Extension EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 8:37 pm

I stopped quoting on the basis that I didn't think the last line was relevant as you said you thought he was actually ok rather than either reading or anything else between the lines. Does the opinion wondering why he hasn't settled change your opinion of his actual play worth then? Does where he's been or what he's done previously change your opinion also? I read you had reservations but having seen him thought he was worth having. Ergo you were wrong initially. Have I got that right now then?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Seeking Extension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seeking Extension   Seeking Extension EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 8:59 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
I stopped quoting on the basis that I didn't think the last line was relevant as you said you thought he was actually ok rather than either reading or anything else between the lines. Does the opinion wondering why he hasn't settled change your opinion of his actual play worth then? Does where he's been or what he's done previously change your opinion also? I read you had reservations but having seen him thought he was worth having. Ergo you were wrong initially. Have I got that right now then?

The reservations i had were on the basis of this;

2004–2005 Petersfield Town 11 (12)
2005 Bristol City 5 (0)
2005–2006 → Forest Green Rovers (loan) 6 (5)
2006 Forest Green Rovers 18 (4)
2006–2007 Stafford Rangers 42 (12)
2007–2008 Crawley Town 18 (11)
2007–2008 → Cheltenham Town (loan) 5 (0)
2008 Shrewsbury Town 15 (3)
2009 Guangdong Sunray Cave 18 (10)
2010–2011 Bylis Ballsh 15 (2)
2011–2012 Stevenage 1 (0)
2011–2012 → Port Vale (loan) 6 (4)
2012– Aldershot Town 23 (Cool
2012– → Plymouth Argyle (loan) 6

The man is 28 years old and has failed to play more than 42 games [in most cases considerably less] at any of the 14 clubs of varying standard that he's played for.I took the trouble to look at the Aldershot website when he signed for us and the general consensus was that he was a good player.I happen to agree with that assessment on what i've seen so far,playing wise he's a capable target man,strong,good in the air,brings other people into the game well,probably the best of that type that we've had for a while.But it does make me wonder how a player of such obvious ability [i think he was a Cameroon U21 international as well] has achieved so little in his time in pro football.That sort of record would suggest that diverse managers have not been that keen to keep his services,which is odd considering his clear talent-either that or he is keen to eke out a signing on fee here or there.I sincerely hope that he finds a more permanent home down here and plays 150 games for the club but i remain unconvinced that he is he type to do that.
Back to top Go down

Seeking Extension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seeking Extension   Seeking Extension EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 9:09 pm

Can't really be bothered to read all of that so in your first line you said "reservations WERE".

Can I assume therefore that you don't have any now then or have I read something between the one line. Can I assume you think he is ok for Argyle at the moment? Because in my view what a player does for Argyle is more important than what he has or hasn't done elsewhere or where we got him from.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Seeking Extension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seeking Extension   Seeking Extension EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 9:12 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Can't really be bothered to read all of that so in your first line you said "reservations WERE".

Can I assume therefore that you don't have any now then or have I read something between the one line. Can I assume you think he is ok for Argyle at the moment? Because in my view what a player does for Argyle is more important than what he has or hasn't done elsewhere or where we got him from.

If you can't be bothered then don't fecking enter into a debate in the first place.
Back to top Go down

Seeking Extension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seeking Extension   Seeking Extension EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 9:17 pm

I've heard Madjo is somewhat better than last season's trash up front, so that can't be a bad thing. But then Fletcher impressed me while on loan from Palace... but after he got his feet under the table, what a disaster he was.
Again, Freathy's point was this club, out of administration, and with a competitive budget for the size of club geek , should not be loaning from Aldershot... and I'm also darn sure we shouldn't be paying for 27+ players or whatever it is now.
There are plenty of 'better' players out there short of a first team place, and certainly better than Madjo ... Barnet could afford to loan Bolasie off us, so I'm sure we can get some Championship out of favour guys. It's a shame we don't seem to be in the market that befits this club in this division for some strange reason... our purchasing clout seems remarkably at odds with what should be our swagger in L2.

We broke a leg last year and couldn't even feed ourselves. That does not mean we have to go begging off Aldershot this season... we are supposed to be fully healed if you believe the hype.. it's about time we acted like it and made a good fist of it, rather than moping around like a pile of losers. It says to me some of the problems still haven't been sorted, and there are a lot like me.

James Brent doesn't exactly come here with the best record in banking, and I just hope he isn't another Jonah. He needs to get out of his pension comfort zone, and get himself tuned.
Back to top Go down

Seeking Extension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seeking Extension   Seeking Extension EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 9:37 pm

Madjo certainly shows promise so far.

I agree that we should have shed a few players over the close season - both to free-up some money and to bring in better quality. That seemed to have been a big mistake! The only thing I'd say is that not many of them had reached the end of their contracts and I have no idea how much it would actually have cost to pay them off.

It would certainly be good to get in some players from a higher level - like MacDonald, Gorman and Lowry? I shan't go over the arguments again whether Lowry is a sick-note. MacDonald doesn't inspire me (runs about a bit like a headless chicken at times to no purpose but then does something scintillating - so too inconsistent) but some people speak well of him. Why Gorman was taken on is beyond me.

The hype about being 'fully healed' hasn't come from the top - unless you believe that the 'planks on pasoti' ((C) Mr Newell) are at the top? It has recently been said by the club (Mr Brent, I think) that we will operate at a loss this year.

I am tossing up whether to spend some more of my scarce money tomorrow and work off the simmering crap inside me at the moment by shouting instructions from the back or whether I try to listen on the radio to a bloody awful signal. What a decision!

Back to top Go down

Seeking Extension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seeking Extension   Seeking Extension EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 9:40 pm

Greenskin correct me if I'm wrong but you entered into the debate with me not the other way around. Or have my reading skills left me once more.

So is this guy doing ok for us or not then? If he is then what is the problem. If the opinion is that he isn't then there might be some reason for a discussion somewhere. Reminds me a bit of that character from the Young Ones on here sometimes. Think it was Neil. "Oh no, everything's shit".

Pay your money and go knecht you know you want to really.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Seeking Extension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seeking Extension   Seeking Extension EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 9:47 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Greenskin correct me if I'm wrong but you entered into the debate with me not the other way around. Or have my reading skills left me once more.

So is this guy doing ok for us or not then? If he is then what is the problem. If the opinion is that he isn't then there might be some reason for a discussion somewhere. Reminds me a bit of that character from the Young Ones on here sometimes. Think it was Neil. "Oh no, everything's shit".

Pay your money and go knecht you know you want to really.

Jeez.Right,i'll spell it out for you in simple terms.Yes,he looks a good player and has done well so far.His previous record would suggest that he is unlikely to be a good medium or long term bet though.Lets leave it at that and see what happens.
Back to top Go down

Seeking Extension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seeking Extension   Seeking Extension EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 10:03 pm

"Yes, he looks a good player and has done well so far". So there isn't really an argument between us then as we agree. As long as he continues to do the same then it doesn't matter whether he came from Aldershot or Arsenal is my only point which I made in the first place unless you just object to where a player doing well comes from on those grounds only. Penzance, who my original point was directed at clearly thinks that as he admits he has "heard" he is better than others which says he doesn't know because he hasn't even seen him play. By definition then he only has one opinion of any player if the club isn't a fashionable one that somebody originates from. He must be crap of course which is total bollocks.
Back to top Go down

Seeking Extension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seeking Extension   Seeking Extension EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 10:07 pm

Cheap
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Seeking Extension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seeking Extension   Seeking Extension Empty

Back to top Go down

Seeking Extension
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next