Go down 
+2
Dingle
Just rob
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Just rob

Advice needed.  First game in 40 years  Empty
PostSubject: Advice needed. First game in 40 years    Advice needed.  First game in 40 years  EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 7:21 pm

Hi Guys.

The next home game will be my first match in 40 years after moving back to Plymouth after living in Australia for that period of time.

Can you advise me on the best place to sit in the ground ? Have a Drink before and after the game and anything else I should know.

Regards

Rob
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed. First game in 40 years    Advice needed.  First game in 40 years  EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 8:02 pm

You should go to a fanfest and sit in the Directors box next to a rotund bald man with a lanyard - he'll make you welcome*

The Lyndhurst is the best view - sit near the back, row T up. The Britannia is nearby - just over the road. The Cherry Tree is the ATD pub of choice - a ten minute walk from the ground.

*I thought I'd get in with that one first.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed. First game in 40 years    Advice needed.  First game in 40 years  EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 8:09 pm

Look in the paper and see if torquay are playing at home, because if you see the shite clueless's clowns serve up, you will be back in australia before you know it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed. First game in 40 years    Advice needed.  First game in 40 years  EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 8:09 pm

A few of us meet up in the Cherry Tree, Ham Drive, for a couple of light ales and a bite to eat before the match - you're welcome to join us.

As for the best place to watch the game - probably the Lyndhurst stand, blocks 11-13 are around the halfway line so thats where you'll get a decent view, and you won't be surrounded by excitable teenagers blocking your view and covering you in a large, smelly, dirty flag.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed. First game in 40 years    Advice needed.  First game in 40 years  EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 8:25 pm

Who are your favorite 11 players? don't leave a 0
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed. First game in 40 years    Advice needed.  First game in 40 years  EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 8:27 pm

Renegade wrote:
Who are your favorite 11 players? don't leave a 0

Don't spoil our fun by giving it away too early!!
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed. First game in 40 years    Advice needed.  First game in 40 years  EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 8:41 pm

Have you moved all that way just to see a team playing like Brazil?
Back to top Go down
Just rob

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed. First game in 40 years    Advice needed.  First game in 40 years  EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 8:43 pm

No my wife and I have recently retired and decided it was time to come home.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed. First game in 40 years    Advice needed.  First game in 40 years  EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 8:44 pm

Well we look forward to seeing you in the Cherry Tree!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed. First game in 40 years    Advice needed.  First game in 40 years  EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 8:47 pm

Get up there and try to avoid poisonous influences....stay away from Chris Webb/fanfests and his other disciples (Forza Nerd)....stay away from the Cherry tree Cabal (just another spin off from Pasoti ....mainly former mods that waded in giving it to others ...they got all bitter when they didn't get their little slice of the pie)
Basically dont listen to most on here and everyone on Pasoti..get to the ground, watch the game and form your own opinions.....i guarantee you wont be back in a hurry!!!
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed. First game in 40 years    Advice needed.  First game in 40 years  EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 8:49 pm

Go to the ticket office and ask to sit in the Lyndhurst, Block 16.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed. First game in 40 years    Advice needed.  First game in 40 years  EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 8:49 pm

has the penny not dropped for some yet?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed. First game in 40 years    Advice needed.  First game in 40 years  EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 10:31 pm

The Cherry Tree is good for a natter before the game.

I'd still go for the Devonport - I like sitting behind the goal as it gives me a chance to pretend I'm playing. Failing that go for in line with the edge of the penalty area and you can get at the linesman when he gets it wrong.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed. First game in 40 years    Advice needed.  First game in 40 years  EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 10:38 pm

I think you'll find there's been a few changes since you last visited HP Rob, but the Cherry Tree is still the Cherry Tree.

I suggest incognito, I'll be the one wearing stocking and suzzies with a bit of OTT lipstick, the guys seem to like it.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed. First game in 40 years    Advice needed.  First game in 40 years  EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 12:49 am

'R'

we do our best to mod the site but with people setting up multis we spend most of the time elsewhere and you are right it is a lovely place! Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed. First game in 40 years    Advice needed.  First game in 40 years  EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 8:43 am

You should travel up the A38 and see a proper promotion clash at Exeter's St James' Park, 4th v 2nd, both teams scoring for fun, and we of course have the leagues top scorer, rather than a drab relegation battle. Laughing

More importantly

What the hell possessed you to come back to this 3rd world country? Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed. First game in 40 years    Advice needed.  First game in 40 years  EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 10:51 am

Why did you choose ATD over Pasoti Rob?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed. First game in 40 years    Advice needed.  First game in 40 years  EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 11:30 am

Now that's a good question.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed. First game in 40 years    Advice needed.  First game in 40 years  EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 11:31 am

Maybe he's banned from Pasoti, he's probably had 11 false accounts on there recently.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed. First game in 40 years    Advice needed.  First game in 40 years  EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 9:48 am

Don't forget to bring your boots, you may be needed Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed. First game in 40 years    Advice needed.  First game in 40 years  EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 6:20 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Get up there and try to avoid poisonous influences....stay away from Chris Webb/fanfests and his other disciples (Forza Nerd)....stay away from the Cherry tree Cabal (just another spin off from Pasoti ....mainly former mods that waded in giving it to others ...they got all bitter when they didn't get their little slice of the pie)
Basically dont listen to most on here and everyone on Pasoti..get to the ground, watch the game and form your own opinions.....i guarantee you wont be back in a hurry!!!
hard to argue with any of that punchie!cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed. First game in 40 years    Advice needed.  First game in 40 years  EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 6:58 pm

Hi Dane
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed. First game in 40 years    Advice needed.  First game in 40 years  Empty

Back to top Go down

Advice needed. First game in 40 years
Page 1 of 1