Elias
Dougie
Flat_Track_Bully
Highwayman
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Ridsdale disqualified as company director Empty
PostSubject: Ridsdale disqualified as company director   Ridsdale disqualified as company director EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 2:35 pm

The man who helped 'save' our club has been disqualified from acting as a company director for 7.5 years due to financial irregularities.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Apparently payments that should have been made to his company WH Sports went straight into his bank account.
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale disqualified as company director   Ridsdale disqualified as company director EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 2:37 pm

OI!
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale disqualified as company director   Ridsdale disqualified as company director EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 2:42 pm

No doubt those on PASOTI will be jumping to defend him, the fact that he was anywhere near our club is a source of shame. Best part of 500k lost to the tax man because he failed to comply with statutory regulations.

"He failed to ensure that WHSG complied with its statutory obligations to make Corporation Tax, PAYE and National Insurance Contributions(NIC), and VAT, returns and payments to HMRC as and when they were due. At liquidation WHSG’s liabilities included £166,421 in unpaid Corporation Tax, £102,279, in unpaid PAYE and NIC, and £173,653 relating to unpaid VAT."

Read More [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The term 'failing to comply with statutory obligations' is an interesting one. Sounds so neutral. If I stole 500k of gear from a shop would I be 'failing to comply with consumer purchasing regulations' or would I be just stealing?
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale disqualified as company director   Ridsdale disqualified as company director EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 2:45 pm

Trying to wriggling out of paying tax, liquidating the company and hoping nobody would notice. Didn't Brent want him on the board?
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale disqualified as company director   Ridsdale disqualified as company director EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 2:47 pm

Sure enough, there are shouts on PASOTI 'but he saved argyle'. Some people will eat any sh*t that is fed to them. Surely the people who saved argyle are:

1) The companies who wrote off 99.93% of the money Argyle owed them
2) The players and staff who wrote off/deferred wages for months on end without payment
3) The trust and assorted fans groups who helped keep the Brent bid in the frame when Guilfoyle and Ridsdale were chanting 'no alternative'
4) Brent / Akkeron group for providing the bid
5) The Council for buying back the ground to facilitate the Brent bid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale disqualified as company director   Ridsdale disqualified as company director EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 3:01 pm

There are t hose in and around the admin who are now in and around James Brent who inidicated there repsect for Ridsdale. I fancy they would have also been happy if he coughed up his quid and got the club. I fancy that I doubt there judgement.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale disqualified as company director   Ridsdale disqualified as company director EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 3:53 pm

Quote :
* He failed to ensure that WHSG complied with its statutory obligations to make Corporation Tax, PAYE and National Insurance Contributions(NIC), and VAT, returns and payments to HMRC as and when they were due. At liquidation WHSG’s liabilities included £166,421 in unpaid Corporation Tax, £102,279, in unpaid PAYE and NIC, and £173,653 relating to unpaid VAT.

This is the bit that pisses me off.

Some poor slob overclaims Housing Benefit by a couple of thousand pounds, and they're off to chokey before you can blink, with the Right-wing press demonising them for all they're worth.

A smooth talking snake-oil salesman like Ridsdale defrauds the Treasury of hundreds of thousands of pounds and it's a slap on the wrist and a disqualification as a Director.

Still, we're all in it together.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale disqualified as company director   Ridsdale disqualified as company director EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 4:00 pm

They were all shit scared of Ridsdale and the fact that he could scare Brent off. I know Ridsdale got extremely prickly at any bad press on PASOTI and rightly or wrongly this was managed where possible. I do believe that those "managing" thought they were doing the right thing and of course at that time Brent was the only bid in town. This was about the time when Riddler, Riddler, the silver haired tax fiddler was paying visits to the Evening Herald.

He didn't like this in particular.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bodmin Tew wrote:

I was uncomfortable accepting the widely held view that in order for James Brent's bid to succeed we needed Ridsdale as part of the solution, at least in the short term. However for the greater good of JB beating BIL to the club I was prepared to support it and justify it in the belief that a reined in and shackled Ridsdale might be a useful asset.

The past three days have left me feeling rather awkward with even this point of view. Whatever the merits of the sacking of Peter Reid the timing of it and the manner in which Ridsdale issued a statement about it being a results business, with no reflection on his contribution to an awful pre-season for Peter Reid, just to get his hands on the train set angered me.

Since then Ridsdale has been on the charm offensive and seems to be re-writing history. It's not the first time is it?

Leeds United - He's not to blame. His reasoning for this is that he wasn't there when the club went into administration but as we all too painfully know once any football club has committed to huge relative spending over many years to come it's administration waiting to happen if income drops. Ridsdale may not have been at the helm when the ship crashed, but he certainly set the course for the ship towards the rocks.

"Ridsdale made himself the Premiership's highest-paid director with a whopping £600,000 salary in 2001 and then handed David O'Leary a 10-year contract as manager which cost £4m to annul.

The club sold the likes of Robbie Fowler, Robbie Keane and Olivier Dacourt for half their original value - all players he brought in. And Leeds missed out on a healthy pay-out when the £10m-rated Lee Bowyer left for just £100,000."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... 154514.stm

"Leeds were £79million in debt when Ridsdale stepped down but he insists that could have been dealt with had the club not been relegated."

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... z1YYkwkEhH

Cardiff City - Guess what folks, Ridsdale was the saviour. He secured the investment, secured them an FA Cup day out and a Play Off Final place.

Did he? When Ridsdale joined us there were numerous Cardiff City fans telling us the usual stuff about his lavish expenses and spending etc etc.

"Peter Ridsdale lied cheated and conned millions from Cardiff City, he cheated
creditors, cheated fans, took the club to the brink of bankruptsy, all whilst
paying himself close to a Million pounds a year in wages and bonuses. He hired
helicopters to take him from Yorkshire to Wales (all on a skint Clubs account) He
paid his own wife nearly half a million in consultancy fees.

Ridsdale claims to have been the driving force behind the new Malaysian investment. In fact, they refused point blank to deal with him. He wrote a
Million Pound leaving bonus into his contract, but the Malaysians have called
his bluff. They have told him to go f*ck himself, or take the club to court. Old
Pete has run for the hills, because he knows they have gone through the books at Cardiff City with a fine toothcomb. He is scared they will release details of
what really happened to all the money here!!

I would urge you all contact your Club Chairman and voice your displeasure."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... 2119671929

They also told us that he was not responsible for the Malaysian deal and even that they refused to deal with Ridsdale.

"It was crystal clear that Ridsdale was a relatively minor factor in the ongoing negotiations with the Malaysians and he would play no part in a new regime should the potential investment come to fruition"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... ation.html

What has really angered me has been the media charm offensive that Ridsdale has embarked upon where he is now trying to claim credit for Brent's bid and that he was in total favour all along. I understand that as Acting Chairman he had a duty to assist BIL to complete on the deal, should they have the funds, however:

Why if Brent was the bid he favoured all along did he have a cosy chat with Heaney at St Mellion Golf Club before he was "outed" at the Holiday Inn?
Why the point blank refusal to dig deeper with Heaney when the world was screaming he had no money?
and even worse Why the last minute desperate flight to Monaco to try to convince Kassam to invest and derail the momentum of the Brent bid at the last moment? I bet that his model for the club involved £1 changing hands at some stage.
We can even assume that Ridsdale's flight to the States was to try to engineer a similar outcome.

Ridsdale has turned like a proverbial weathercock to suit firstly his aim to get hold of the club and now he won't be able to is trying to revise history to say that he was the saviour.

We must not let him.

As rumours spread last week of discontent within the dressing room we had a poll the same day about Peter Reid and whether he should be sacked or not. The last time I saw he had 68% support. Is it time for another poll about whether or not you would want to see Ridsdale as part of the new ownership structure?

A week ago I would have been pragmatic and voted yes, but his behaviour in trying to claim credit for the Brent bid has caused me to change my mind, no matter how well connected he is.

The man is not to be trusted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale disqualified as company director   Ridsdale disqualified as company director EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 4:24 pm

I'm glad he has been banned never liked the man despite the fact he was the only man at the club with a ounce of sense when it came to running a football club.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale disqualified as company director   Ridsdale disqualified as company director EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 4:43 pm

wonder what those who 'looked into his eyes' have to say for themselves?????
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale disqualified as company director   Ridsdale disqualified as company director EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 4:54 pm

I was about to write that mysef GCFC...

"An honourable gentleman" apparently.

Another phrase eminating from pig which will cause all and sundry to chortle uncontrollably.

Well, it would do, if only it was funny.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale disqualified as company director   Ridsdale disqualified as company director EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 5:08 pm

andy's right - claim a few hundred quid in benefit you are entitled too & get found out then its to the cells you go.

defraud the tax payer of thousands - no problem!!!!

the rich have this country sown up & they will do ANYTHING to protect that.

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale disqualified as company director   Ridsdale disqualified as company director EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 5:25 pm

"hardworking gentleman" lol!
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale disqualified as company director   Ridsdale disqualified as company director EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 6:31 pm

But he could take 3 calls on different mobiles at the same time, quite enough to impress the contingency chaps.
Back to top Go down
greenbrum

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale disqualified as company director   Ridsdale disqualified as company director EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 6:49 pm

GregCampbellFanClub wrote:
wonder what those who 'looked into his eyes' have to say for themselves?????

I 'looked into his eyes' at a couple of the public meetings with fans. Thought he was a cnut then, and still think so now. Slimy git.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale disqualified as company director   Ridsdale disqualified as company director EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 6:54 pm

another good reason when the fake irish consortium based in gibraltar headed by a russian woman didnt go through.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale disqualified as company director   Ridsdale disqualified as company director EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 6:54 pm

And of course Ian Newell had his phone number and Ridsdale revealed exclusives like Reid walked and wasn't pushed, so he must have been one of the good guys!

PL2 Faced wishes he had stayed at the club FFS.

I hate Peter Ridsdale with a passion and was villified on Pasoti for it, because he worked 28 hours a day trying to save Argyle. feck off.

I can't add anything to the things already said on the subject except there were plenty who were happy to have their photo taken with the grinning shark. Plenty patting the cnut on the back at the pub where he was introduced like the second coming of Jesus.

I seriously hope there is a full investigation of exactly where the whole £17 million went, and I would bet my last penny that it was nowhere near a £17 million debt when Stapleton called Ridsdale in to help him "save" the club.

Let the ass-licking wankers on Pasoti stick up for Ridsdale all they like. That cnut is going to hell when he departs this earth and yet some prominent figures at the club were only too pleased to work with the fucker and stick their tongues up his back passage to get their photograph in Greens on Screen.

It's like forgetting about everything Gary Glitter has done, because you like wearing silver platform heels in the 70's, or not wanting your illusion of Jimmy Saville ruined by the revelations now because he did a lot of good work for charity.

One thing is for sure though, Peter Ridsdale will shrug all of this off and will be involved, along with his wife, in other companies in the future, these shysters always find a way around rules and regulations.

Yup real feckin shame he's still not around eh Postey? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale disqualified as company director   Ridsdale disqualified as company director EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 7:15 pm

I think it should be acknowledged that he played a vital role in steering the club towards a "successful" Administration. He conned/convinced the staff to work for free and made sure that the club went into Administration with the right proportion of debt to the right people-so that the Revenue, for example could not call the shots as the major creditor.

The fact that he's a slimeball is irrelevant.

The fact that none of the Board at that time (even the now apparently forgivable Mr Wrathall) had the balls to sort out the mess they created meant that a person like PR was needed at that time.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale disqualified as company director   Ridsdale disqualified as company director EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 7:30 pm

It's a long time since I read such balderdash about a person as I'm seeing from the CPers now. Even if he did some good for Argyle, very debatable, at a jolly good price in earnings for him his type and normal modus operandi has been exposed most visibly today. If you operate in the shadows it's not until a light is shone on your activities do things become clear. This has happened now with Ridsdale.

Those who have gained most will fall over backwards to defend him and gloss over what has happened at Leeds and Cardiff, even to state it as irrelevant. Go figure.

All things from disrupting the vigil through to the agent he employed mark his working ways. But it beholds no one involved in club now from Brent down to look for skeletons in cupboards. Can you feel how Ridsdale will be portrayed in Edd Moore's book. I can. Saint rather than sinner. More sinned against than sinned. You can be to close and too involved to see what others see looking in from outside.

The whole of Argyles fan base should be heaving a huge sigh of relief and thinking there but for the grace of god go I. But no the man continues to divide and defies logically analysis. A very very clever, very very wily and very very dangerous man.

Last edited by Dougie on Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale disqualified as company director   Ridsdale disqualified as company director EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 8:01 pm

So from what i can gather,we are all undecided about uncle pete?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale disqualified as company director   Ridsdale disqualified as company director EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 8:04 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
So from what i can gather,we are all undecided about uncle pete?

Only as to how he should be put to death.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale disqualified as company director   Ridsdale disqualified as company director EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 9:04 pm

he's a feckin lizard
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale disqualified as company director   Ridsdale disqualified as company director EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 9:45 pm

Just a quick reminder that not all the CPers got on with Ridsdale. This disqualified Director had a wonderful hate/hate relationship with him. Maybe it takes one to know one?? Who can forget that at the time when many of the staff didnt have the bus fare to get to work Ridsdale had ordered a brand new, top of the range.BMW X5 through PAFC125 LTD..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale disqualified as company director   Ridsdale disqualified as company director EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 9:54 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Just a quick reminder that not all the CPers got on with Ridsdale. This disqualified Director had a wonderful hate/hate relationship with him. Maybe it takes one to know one?? Who can forget that at the time when many of the staff didnt have the bus fare to get to work Ridsdale had ordered a brand new, top of the range.BMW X5 through PAFC125 LTD..

Exactly. It's almost as bad as someone claiming they have been linked to Jimmy Saville on here today lol!

Ridsdale is scum, and the statement released by The AFT when he departed for Preston spoke volumes. Shame the same type of short shrift wasn't given to him when he was here "saving" us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale disqualified as company director   Ridsdale disqualified as company director EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 10:02 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:

makes me sick but thats The riddler through and through look at what he did to a club like Leeds they are still recovering.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale disqualified as company director   Ridsdale disqualified as company director Empty

Back to top Go down

Ridsdale disqualified as company director
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next