The Ryder Cup

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Pete1886

Pete1886

The Ryder Cup - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ryder Cup   The Ryder Cup - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 11:01 pm

It's close as you like, Europe are in the driving seat, just need one more decent shot from Keymer and then the cup is retained.
Back to top Go down
Pete1886

Pete1886

PostSubject: Re: The Ryder Cup   The Ryder Cup - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 11:04 pm

That's the cup right there. Stricker hasn't holed anything. Oops hope I haven't tempted fate.
Back to top Go down
Pete1886

Pete1886

PostSubject: Re: The Ryder Cup   The Ryder Cup - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 11:20 pm

Germans and shoot outs!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Ryder Cup   The Ryder Cup - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 11:25 pm

Pete1886 wrote:
Germans and shoot outs!
lol!

Not even a draw, they won it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Ryder Cup   The Ryder Cup - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 11:28 pm

post box is ordered
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Ryder Cup   The Ryder Cup - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 11:30 pm

Amazing. What a comeback. Who would have predicted that?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Ryder Cup   The Ryder Cup - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 11:36 pm

Renegade wrote:
post box is ordered

Any of them ever been to Plymouth? What's that Westwood's heard of it? That'll do, get another one painted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Ryder Cup   The Ryder Cup - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 9:11 am

Bare in mind that this piece was written before the singles started. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: The Ryder Cup   The Ryder Cup - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 9:25 am

Greenjock wrote:
Renegade wrote:
post box is ordered

Any of them ever been to Plymouth? What's that Westwood's heard of it? That'll do, get another one painted.

Some of 'em have probably played at St Mellion on the European tour,especially the older ones like Westwood and Garcia.Just shows what pressure can do,vastly experienced players like Mickelson,Furyk and Stricker all succumbed to the increasing amount of blue on the scoreboard.Poulter man of the match for me-loved his facial expressions throughout [Psycho Pearce reborn] and his stare at Simpson when he was waiting to tee off on the eighteenth.Full credit to the European team,i didn't give a fig for their chances going into yesterday.There's only one bugbear for me-i still can't get that excited about a european team representing us,fantastic though that team is.I know that "we are all europeans now" and it would be impractical and just plain daft to go back to GB and Ireland but it just doesn't seem the same.I'm a euro sceptic anyway,maybe thats the root cause of my curmudgeonliness but frankly i enjoyed the superb golf and pressure situations that arose far more than elating about a european win.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: The Ryder Cup   The Ryder Cup - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 9:31 am

To me the stand out performance, amongst all the stand out performances, was Justin Rose. A vital stage of the match and Mickelson playing some inspired stuff but Justin's last two holes broke him.

The most sporting of handclaps from Phil on the 17th after he nearly chipped in and then Rose rammed in the 40 foot birdie putt.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Ryder Cup   The Ryder Cup - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 12:46 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
Bare in mind that this piece was written before the singles started. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That's brilliant Razz I just read some of the 600+ comments as well. What a knobhead lol!

I did think the USA would spank Europe, and stood to win money if they did, but once the singles got underway and the board started turning blue, you just got a feeling that it was going to at least be close. When Paul Lawrie went 4up you knew the comeback was on.

Still it was almost unthinkable that the Europeans could win 8 matches when some of them had been so out of form and the Yanks had been flawless with their putting, but the Ryder Cup does strange things to people and the momentum kept Europe going.

Olazabal had to stack the early games with his best players, or the ones who had been performing well in the first two days, and they all came through, but it was Lawrie in the fifth match thumping Snedeker who has been in amazing form, and Westwood and Garcia finding their form again which maybe had the Americans biting their nails.

Kaymer and Molinari had been bit part players so far, but it was left to them to keep their nerve and make the impossible possible.

The hostility and bad sportsmanship of the crowd may have had a positive effect on the Europeans, Poulter loved sticking it to them, but once again the overriding reason we won was that the Yanks choked at a Ryder Cup. They want to win it every bit as much as we do at the outset, probably more considering recent results, but their nerves get exposed when the chips are down.

I don't know why Tiger Woods deliberately missed his put and conceded Molinari's for the outright win, and I've watched it over and over again and I'm positive he did miss on purpose, as there may well have been lots of people with money riding on the outcome of that game and the whole match.

I would imagine that there are plenty of punters eternally grateful to Woods for doing it as Europe would've been big, big, underdogs going into the singles and millions of pounds were wagered before it all started.

I don't buy into the whole "spirit of Seve" thing for the players, but Olazabal seemed to be totally overwhelmed at times and was very close to Seve. I'm glad for him because I had been reading comments about how crap he was as a captain before the singles, and in reality I think the captains job is a bit overrated really.

I'm sure some people are better at geeing up players than others, and it does matter who partners who, but all this walkie-talkie rushing from match to match with messages bullshit is a bit of a farce. Monty must have mentioned 20 times over the three days that he had been a captain, really Colin? I wouldn't have known that!

Choosing the captains picks obviously matters, but unless you are a total cold fish like Nick Faldo, I can't see how so much emphasis is put on the captaincy.

All in all it was brilliant as usual, and although I have Sky Sports, this is something I feel the BBC should try and get the rights for the live coverage of in future. I would much rather listen to Peter Alliss than the Sky commentators, and there are so many people who won't be able to miss the result and watch the highlights, or have to make do with listening on the radio.

Gleneagles in two years. Bring it on Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The Ryder Cup   The Ryder Cup - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:07 pm

I lost a substantial amount of wedge, but have never been so happy to lose money!
I would bet the same again in the circumstances, because turnarounds like that, on foreign soil, happen once in a generation.

Whereas the yanks couldn't miss a putt on the first two days, yesterday they made nothing.

Quite astonishing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ryder Cup   The Ryder Cup - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Ryder Cup
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2