Go down 
+3
Tgwu
Mock Cuncher
seadog
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Change in the seasons Empty
PostSubject: Change in the seasons   Change in the seasons EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 2:59 pm

The equinox has come and gone.
I feel sorry for the cat. She's a stray at heart and every Summer, good or bad, as soon as it's reliably warm enough, de-camps to the woods at the back, and rarely has much time for niceties apart from a quick 'where's my food' and out again.

She looks miserable now ... confused even... she's broken camp and returned to civilisation .... a bit too wet and cold to be out all night ... she's not a happy bunny.... lots of desire, but no weather to do it in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Change in the seasons   Change in the seasons EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 3:04 pm

At the beginning of October last year we had a mini heatwave.

Went to Lyme Regis and the beach was absolutely packed. Couldn't get a parking space for ages and eventually chanced it and parked on the grass verge of a car park.

Don't think the same is forecast for next week sadly.

One plus point is it's darker in the mornings now and my little lad is sleeping beyond 5am now!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Change in the seasons   Change in the seasons EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 3:06 pm

I have been in agony with my back since the weather has turned shit, I need to follow tring and go somewhere warm.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Change in the seasons   Change in the seasons EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 3:08 pm

Iggy wrote:
I have been in agony with my back since the weather has turned shit, I need to follow tring and go somewhere warm.

Oh don't you worry Iggy. You're already on the list for Hell Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Change in the seasons   Change in the seasons EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 5:29 pm

The seasons become less marked every year, eventually we will just have wet windy weather all year with a slight fluctuation in temperatures, wait a minute............
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Change in the seasons   Change in the seasons EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 5:53 pm

The spiders have come in early, it's gonna be a cold Winter!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Change in the seasons   Change in the seasons EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 5:59 pm

Slight variations are all that is needed. Below 10 degrees at night for a few days, and the cat and the chillies just give up.
The trees still get it, even if we don't... the weather might change but the daylight hours still tell the tale. I'm a big supporter of the green movement, but am still hoping this latest couple of Summers are just down to that huge solar flare, the normal 10 year global wind cycle, and Ridsdale crossing the Somerset border, bringing his Yorkshire murk and mizzle.
An early Spring and hot Summer next year, with hoverflies in my hair, will prove my Ridsdale theory.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Change in the seasons   Change in the seasons EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 6:20 pm

Penzance wrote:
Slight variations are all that is needed. Below 10 degrees at night for a few days, and the cat and the chillies just give up.
The trees still get it, even if we don't... the weather might change but the daylight hours still tell the tale. I'm a big supporter of the green movement, but am still hoping this latest couple of Summers are just down to that huge solar flare, the normal 10 year global wind cycle, and Ridsdale crossing the Somerset border, bringing his Yorkshire murk and mizzle.
An early Spring and hot Summer next year, with hoverflies in my hair, will prove my Ridsdale theory.

I always grow my own Apache chilies and this year they all fell off the plants in August, never had such a bad year for growing things, however we have a huge crop of Raspberries at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Change in the seasons   Change in the seasons EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 10:24 pm

Putting off fixing the draft in the window across the summer doesn't seem so wise now.

My feet are cold.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Change in the seasons   Change in the seasons EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 3:00 am

Iggy wrote:

After our showing in the last two home games I booked up two weeks away in the sunshine, usually we goes to Cyprus but the wife ban going because I said we might go and meet Tring in Larnaca. So this morning off to sunny Spain.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Change in the seasons   Change in the seasons EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 8:55 am

Have a good one mate, was in Gallicia and Asturria a couple of weeks ago and love it there, where are you off to?
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Change in the seasons   Change in the seasons EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 9:36 am

feckin nesh jessies!

we are off for a week in the yurt in glamourous north notts, mid october; camping in a frost pocket wakes e up proper first thing.

got my 17 year old coming with us, any ideas to stop her whinging all week! keep you clean heads on please...
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Change in the seasons   Change in the seasons EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 7:38 pm

Wind turbine that powers a laptop?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Change in the seasons   Change in the seasons EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 9:40 am

Iggy wrote:
Have a good one mate, was in Gallicia and Asturria a couple of weeks ago and love it there, where are you off to?

Fuengirola arrived today RAINING
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Change in the seasons   Change in the seasons EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 9:41 am

got the pv set-up for that, trouble with that is.... no signal.

she'll have to climb trees again like she did when she was little. got an air rifle to play with though, so maybe some squirrel pie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Change in the seasons   Change in the seasons EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 9:48 am

Tell her one direction are filming their new video there that week.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Change in the seasons   Change in the seasons EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 10:20 am

Spider September is here with a vengeance.

One minute, the women in my house scream as if they're being chased by herd of wildebeast, the next, they're screaming, "don't kill it, don't kill it!

I'm like, well what the f*ck do you want me to do?

Must admit, they're big this year. This bugger has the leg span of a chinese takeaway container....!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Change in the seasons   Change in the seasons EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 10:31 am

Thats nothing Czar, when I was a kid, me and my little bro used to play with some giant hairy spiders in our grandmother's garden. It was only years later when we had grown up that we realised that the spiders came from the crates of bananas in a warehouse a few hundred yards down the road. We used to have as many as 4 or 5 at a time in the garden, picking them up and letting them run over our hands and feet.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Change in the seasons   Change in the seasons EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 12:00 pm

Dont mind spiders untill they get to the size when you can hear their feet pitter patter on the floor. Then its welly boot jumping time!
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Change in the seasons   Change in the seasons EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 1:49 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Tell her one direction are filming their new video there that week.

funny you should mention that jock, we saw nick harper there at an invite only gig., there is always some band playing there, some japanese metal band -name escapes me, but next big thing apparently- there in a few weeks, and weve had a maltese 'pixies' recording in the dome.

as for one direction, id say that would put her off...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Change in the seasons   Change in the seasons Empty

Back to top Go down

Change in the seasons
Page 1 of 1