Warny
Charlie Wood
GreenWhiteBlack
7 posters
AuthorMessage
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

What would you change? Empty
PostSubject: What would you change?   What would you change? EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 5:49 pm

You're James Brent, what would you do?

Me - Scrap murals, get rid of the family zone, invest some money into the team, get a new manager, new coaching staff, ban fireman hats, no big flags allowed, no club presidents, re open block 16, new stewards, cheaper beer & better pasties.

Heres to hoping..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would you change?   What would you change? EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 5:57 pm

GreenWhiteBlack wrote:

Me - Scrap murals, get rid of the family zone, invest some money into the team, get a new manager, new coaching staff, ban fireman hats, no big flags allowed, no club presidents, re open block 16, new stewards, cheaper beer & better pasties.

Heres to hoping..

Yes to all the above ..apart from the Pasties not important (although i am impartial to an Ivor D...also scrap the fan-fests...dont bring any value to the club and it is an incubator for Avivas.Ban females..... apart from the half time strippers, and re-open the mayflower standing, rip up the seats in the Lyndhurst and turn it into a terrace.
Rick o shay and his sidekick, Newell and Webb should be public-ally horsewhipped ..now that would be entertainment.

Last edited by punchdrunk on Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would you change?   What would you change? EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 5:58 pm

Get standing back behind those blitz shelters...to get some atmosphere back....and so Fletcher can hear that it is him that the fans are booing not the team.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would you change?   What would you change? EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 5:59 pm

if i were james brent i'd first get a image change as the harry potter look isnt working and 2nd put the club up for sale
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

PostSubject: Re: What would you change?   What would you change? EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 6:00 pm

Im a big fan of oggy's, would love them up at the Park.

Also with regards to the the Mayflower terrace, that would be brilliant, but i dont think were allowed, its got to be seats or nothing.. We could do a swap and turn the Lyndy into a terrace? and the Mayflower into an all seater?!

cheers

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would you change?   What would you change? EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 6:04 pm

Half-time entertainment - alternate matches, a marching band playing military music and then show jumping. Armchairs with a small table for my glass. In-flight-entertainment-style headphones tuned in to radio 3. Free pictures of Kate Middleton. Internet connections to enable a direct link to ATD so I can keep up with the match. Reduce prices for 60 year-olds.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: What would you change?   What would you change? EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 6:07 pm

I'm easily pleased...

Just change the manager.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would you change?   What would you change? EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 6:10 pm

The management and coaching set-up. If it means clearing them all out then fine, do it.

Maybe get an experienced manager and ask them if they want to keep Fletcher and Ro on as assistants.

Then send back all the loanees and anyone on a short contract who isn't playing, pay them up and say thanks for nothing.

Relocate Forza Verde to Block 17, feck the piddling Police costs per match, put the pastys up by 10p.

Apologise and grovel like feck to Peggy Prior. Give her a season ticket and beg her to please write her programme article again.

Pay off the debt that is outstanding and start from scratch. James Brent will make a fortune out of the business ventures that have fallen in his lap since taking over, so clear that debt and accept that buying a football club will actually cost you some money.

Appoint a board that have experience in football matters, including a chairman. James Brent can still be the owner without needing to be the chairman.

Shut down Pasoti and ban anyone who took part in the Deepthroat shit.

Sell a stake in the club to The Trust for a fair price and a seat on the board.

Ban Gordon Sparks from the ground for not tweeting back because he's a Pasoti ass-licker.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would you change?   What would you change? EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 6:18 pm

- Appoint a President whose name actually means something to people beyond the Juveniles of Salsa Verde - Tommy Tynan and Dave Smith are the first names that come to mind.

- Acknowledge that the club is an amateurish shambles both on and off the field. Put in place an effective management structure that includes a CEO with Football Club experience, an experienced lower-league team manager and a well-qualified and experienced coaching staff.

- I wouldn't abolish the family stand, but I would relocate it.

- Knock this 'Director for a Day' nonsense on the head (see last night's programme). If you're not on the Board of either Argyle or the visitors, you shouldn't be in the Director's Box.

- Live up to my promise of openness and transparency by engaging with the Fans' Trust and asking them to appoint a sub-committee to take on the role of the GASBoard, which I would put out of its misery in a humane way, as it has been such a badly organised shambles.

- As a goodwill gesture, in the wake of the abolition of the GASBoard, I would arrange as many counselling sessions as needed to help Tony Hooper deal with it.

- Set the manager realistic targets (squad size no more than 24 professionals. Minimum pointage targets, increasing for each year we're in L2.) and back him financially as far as possible in helping him to achieve those targets .

- Arrange media training for all staff who are likely to have to deal with the media as part of their duties.

- Make Greenjock Argyle's Motivational Coach.

Edit: Actually, scrap all that. I've just read Jock's post immediately above mine, and his ideas are far superior to mine. Jock For Chairman!!!
Back to top Go down
Warny

Warny

PostSubject: Re: What would you change?   What would you change? EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 6:39 pm

New manager.

Put the youngsters back into the youth team or send out on loan, because some are out of the creche far too soon.

Have as much of a squad clear out as possible in January.

Send a nice fat invoice to 'super fans' and commentators for back dated admission prices owed because they're getting freebies or are paid to watch us.

No hangers on at all, ever, for the rest of time.

Drop match day prices to £10. Anything above that is a sick joke.

Make Malcolm Tucker CEO.

Dr Teeth and the Electric mayhem to play the team on and off and entertain at half time.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would you change?   What would you change? EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 7:01 pm

If I was James Brent, I would change nothing as he has obtained some prime retail land to build a large complex in the centre of Plymouth and, in 'saving the club', he will have carte blanche on other development opportunities within the city boundaries (i.e. wherever Plymouth City Council have the final say). He also had to buy into a football club but every rose has a thorn.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: What would you change?   What would you change? EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 7:10 pm

[quote="hairy j"]If I was James Brent, I would change nothing as he has obtained some prime retail land to build a large complex in the centre of Plymouth and, in 'saving the club', he will have carte blanche on other development opportunities within the city boundaries (i.e. wherever Plymouth City Council have the final say). He also had to buy into a football club but every rose has a thorn.[/quote]

But to be fair, this hasn't actually cost him anything.

It's like getting a free "olympic glass" when you buy a big mac- buy a development site, get a free football club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would you change?   What would you change? EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 7:29 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
GreenWhiteBlack wrote:

Heres to hoping..

Yes to all the above ..apart from the Pasties not important (although i am impartial to an Ivor D...also scrap the fan-fests...dont bring any value to the club and it is an incubator for Avivas.Ban females..... apart from the half time strippers, and re-open the mayflower standing, rip up the seats in the Lyndhurst and turn it into a terrace.
Rick o shay and his sidekick, Newell and Webb should be public-ally horsewhipped ..now that would be entertainment.
That all seems good to me punchie, lets hope speccy go's for it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would you change?   What would you change? EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 7:30 pm

I wish you'd learn how to quote properly Grovehill. It isn't that difficult.

I said "buy in" not "buy" - that's different.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would you change?   What would you change? EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 7:37 pm

Sell the club to someone who is interested in and understands football, someone with a desire to win.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would you change?   What would you change? EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 7:49 pm

I would build a fvckoff big hotel on the pitch, with my big bag of cash leave all you losers to it, while i flew to my barcelona mansion and my barca seaon ticket!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: What would you change?   What would you change? EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 8:05 pm

The one thing that would change everything is the specky banker putting the club uo for sale. With the specky banker gone, also gone would be the useless 'board', carl the clueless, big flags, forza merde, the president, super fans, fan fests, and murals. Then it will be our club again and we can FINALLY start to see the end of this long miserable dark age.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would you change?   What would you change? EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 9:34 pm

Plant bulbs around the ground because they look lovely. in the spring. Add crocosmia and anemones for Autumn colour. In winter we could have cyclamen and snowdrops.

That would be nice and make everyone happy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would you change?   What would you change? EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 9:53 pm

I'd turn Argyle into a cycling club full of Wiggos and Cavas..... and would then ban Sky from the Central Park environs. Move Argyle down to the Brickfields to share with Albion, and then player share. Im into the spring bulbs too, Knecht.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: What would you change?   What would you change? EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 4:33 am

Why sell part of club to the trust ? it has NO clout whatsoever.
if youre gonna sell 20% then sell to someone whos RICH !!!! lol!

Seriously, scrap the 'community club' that we are becoming as all it means is NO investment in the playing side & relies on what is beoming 'permanent' charity.

Move the famiy area back to where it should be.
Open block 15/16 up.

Try to reopen the mayflower terracing - offer tickets at 200 a season there.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: What would you change?   What would you change? EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 6:39 am

I can't change much really....

Argyle need to change their 'mind set'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would you change?   What would you change? EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 9:10 am

Rickler wrote:

I can't change much really....

Argyle need to change their 'mind set'.

This is spot on, succinctly put, when you mention ambition people misunderstand and read -spend money you don't have and bankrupt the club- under Luggy Mk.1 and Early Stapleton, we had the best run club in the country, ambition and success, Brent doesn't have the dedication to the club to achieve this and as such should move aside.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What would you change?   What would you change? Empty

Back to top Go down

What would you change?
Page 1 of 1