+2
Chemical Ali
pepsipete
6 posters
AuthorMessage
pepsipete

pepsipete

ARGYLE 0 MILLWALL 1 Empty
PostSubject: ARGYLE 0 MILLWALL 1   ARGYLE 0 MILLWALL 1 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 10:46 pm

Result will be no surprise to anyone, as will the gate of 4,781. Bit of a blow not having Fletcher, but I doubt if he would have made much difference. Difficult to see where the goals are going to come from at the moment. Feeney was of with Northern Ireland.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE 0 MILLWALL 1   ARGYLE 0 MILLWALL 1 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 12:59 am

Argyle kept the ball but did little in the final third until the last 5 minutes. Millwall should have scored 4 or 5 but poor finishing let them down. Couldn't see why the disallowed Millwall goal was not given.

Hourihane, Gibson and Williams did well. Nelson was poor and error prone (he's joining Spurs Laughing ). Some of the kids did well when they came on, especially Copp who at least tried going forward.

Not sure what to make of the new keeper- positioing looked poor but he pulled off a couple of good saves. He doesn't seem to aim for Argyle players when he kicks (although all our front men were midgets).

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE 0 MILLWALL 1   ARGYLE 0 MILLWALL 1 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 7:09 am

I think we'll be the lowest scoring team in the entire football league this season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE 0 MILLWALL 1   ARGYLE 0 MILLWALL 1 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 7:47 am

Another year, another first round League Cup exit. We must have by far the worst record in this competition out of all 92 League Clubs.
Oh and another wage deferrall in the news today...complete joke from top to bottom this club Mad
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE 0 MILLWALL 1   ARGYLE 0 MILLWALL 1 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 8:56 am

The style of football is certainly different-i would say that Argyle played a pure passing game not seen since Shilton,before him Ken Brown.Didn't look like scoring though and gave away a very poor route one goal,for which the new centre half was at fault.Millwall soaked it up and countered at will after that.New blood is desperately needed,at least 3 new player IMHO.Very impressed with Gibson,he looks a player, and Williams did very well.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE 0 MILLWALL 1   ARGYLE 0 MILLWALL 1 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 5:23 pm

To be honest....

Nearly anyone can play a passing game in their own half and around midfield, it's when you get to the final third of the field it really matters, and this is by most accounts, where Argyle struggle.

This team will go nowhere until that it sorted out and the goals start to come. Let's face it.. Pre-season was horrible really, barely a goal scored against mostly crummy oppononents.

Argyle are in as much trouble on the pitch as they are off it.
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE 0 MILLWALL 1   ARGYLE 0 MILLWALL 1 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 5:55 pm

I did come down for that match,after the game went to the britannia for a few beers.Missed the last train home,had to get a taxi £75,it was only £19 return on the train for me and my lad, what a fxxxing bell end i was
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ARGYLE 0 MILLWALL 1   ARGYLE 0 MILLWALL 1 Empty

Back to top Go down

ARGYLE 0 MILLWALL 1
Page 1 of 1