lawnmowerman
shonbo
Coxside_Green
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Coxside_Green

Family Zone For All Empty
PostSubject: Family Zone For All   Family Zone For All EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 6:53 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Don't know if this is new news or not, it's the 1st I've seen. Nothing against the principle of it, pissed off to read they'll be sitting in blocks 17-18. Fxck modern football!
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Family Zone For All   Family Zone For All EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 8:01 pm

nah, can't read all this story either
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Family Zone For All   Family Zone For All EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 8:09 pm

Try using Mozilla firefox as your internet browser if your having problems loading pafc website.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Family Zone For All   Family Zone For All EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 8:50 pm

Thanks LW, I'm a chrome man. Mozilla for work, Ie for crap all
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Family Zone For All   Family Zone For All EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 8:53 pm

This'll be one of the fantastic "firsts in world football" the Pres was salivating about. Rolling Eyes

It may be a first all right - and for good reason. No other club in their right mind and with any thought for matchday atmosphere would dream of putting a mixed family area in no mans land between opposing fans.

By definition, family stand regulars are, by and large, a rather conservative sort. It'll be lovely for them to be in the crossfire should we play anyone who brings proper away support. I know that'll only mean a couple of teams in the league, but it pisses me off that the club can negotiate something like this, while sticking two fingers up to all of us who held season-tickets in blocks 15 16 17etc for the last ten years.

Tossers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Family Zone For All   Family Zone For All EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 8:59 pm

Well that sucks.

I specifically bought season tickets for me and #1 son in Block 1 as that's where the family stand has been for a good few years now. #1 son is approaching 5, so I thought a season in the Family area would be a gentle introduction to Argyle. No-one at the ticket office even hinted that the Family area might be moving.

So now it looks like we'll be stuck in the Demport with the Salsa Verde knuckleheads. Or, if we move, we'll be caught in the crossfire when Exeter come to town. Deep joy.

An 'assertive' phone call to the ticket office in the morning is in order, I think.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Family Zone For All   Family Zone For All EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 9:05 pm

I've been to many a ground in my time and I've never seen a family area in the segregation area.Its just not done.Family areas are normally tucked away in some far off corner far away from the abuse that away fans normally throw at you.Mind you nothing surprises me at this club anymore,hence why I wont be going next season.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Family Zone For All   Family Zone For All EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 9:10 pm

Seriously, the club have simply got to be shitting us. What retard came up with this?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Family Zone For All   Family Zone For All EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 9:14 pm

Freathy wrote:
Seriously, the club have simply got to be shitting us. What retard came up with this?

I am sure there are a few candidates.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Family Zone For All   Family Zone For All EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 9:17 pm

Can`t wait for us to play exeter. Should be good to watch both sets of fans running towards each other, with the little ones in the middle.

Another great idea from non football people.NOT lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Family Zone For All   Family Zone For All EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 9:18 pm

They're putting the disabled fans on the goal line just behind the goalkeepers too. It'll be awesome.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Family Zone For All   Family Zone For All EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 9:20 pm

This is fvckd
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Family Zone For All   Family Zone For All EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 9:21 pm

Social engineering from a club owned by someone who hasn't the first idea about association football. One day, this era will be looked back on as not one of the club's finest.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Family Zone For All   Family Zone For All EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 9:23 pm

Where's Tones Coma for some positive spin when you need it?
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Family Zone For All   Family Zone For All EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 9:25 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Freathy wrote:

I am sure there are a few candidates.

Probably the same person who thought it was a good idea to put Darren 'less than one season at Argyle and would have been off up the A38 before you could Conference football if we had been relegated' Purse on a mural Home Park
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Family Zone For All   Family Zone For All EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 9:33 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
Well that sucks.

I specifically bought season tickets for me and #1 son in Block 1 as that's where the family stand has been for a good few years now. #1 son is approaching 5, so I thought a season in the Family area would be a gentle introduction to Argyle. No-one at the ticket office even hinted that the Family area might be moving.

So now it looks like we'll be stuck in the Demport with the Salsa Verde knuckleheads. Or, if we move, we'll be caught in the crossfire when Exeter come to town. Deep joy.

An 'assertive' phone call to the ticket office in the morning is in order, I think.

And there's the explanation, I reckon. Having imposed salsa verde on blocks 3 and 4, losing a number of season ticket holders in there - remember we weren't even told, let alone consulted, and that even James Brent said he wouldn't want to sit there - somebody's realised they couldn't leave the families in that end. But blocks 17 and 18 is definitely not a good place to put them.

Seems to me an awful lot of people are losing out because of one idea.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Family Zone For All   Family Zone For All EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 9:41 pm

Martin Baker is your man.The guy that looks like Ron Maels in the pop group Sparks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Family Zone For All   Family Zone For All EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 9:42 pm

Perhaps the families are to be a new variety of human shield. Seems like it's all steam ahead for salsa thing. Feels like a Harry/sweep concoction.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Family Zone For All   Family Zone For All EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 9:43 pm

What a feckin stupid decision.
Words cannot express my annoyance.

The Lyndy/Zoo used to be a buzzing and very partisan atmosphere, and they've feckin killed it. What dicks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Family Zone For All   Family Zone For All EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 9:44 pm

I'm all for singing but how can the rest of the ground join in when FV are singing that Whoah Whoah thing conducted by Jim Westlake.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Family Zone For All   Family Zone For All EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 9:46 pm

Not run by football fans, for a consumer that as yet we have not identified the correct demographic for, but we'll get back to you with another football first, which no other sane football board would ever bother with....

...and we have other exciting news, ffs
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Family Zone For All   Family Zone For All EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 9:50 pm

Seems to be another poor decision from the Harry administration. Pasoti and ATD make similar reading on a number of the new 'terrible' ideas which have been poorly thought out. Why isn't the President telling Harry that these are really shit ideas?

Another reason to add to the increasing list of not renewing and sticking to POYD.
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: Family Zone For All   Family Zone For All EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 9:53 pm

This is an example where getting fans' views before making decisions is called for. James Brent should have worked with the Fans Trust immediately on taking over instead of wasting months and boring the pants off everyone (except Tony) setting up the GasBoard. All fans (not just Trust members) could have expressed their opinions via the Trust during last season and these views taken into account when plans for seating were being worked on.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Family Zone For All   Family Zone For All EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 10:00 pm

Doesn't say much for those who have Brents ear. He's either not hearing or they are not saying.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Family Zone For All   Family Zone For All EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 10:02 pm

Dingle wrote:
This is an example where getting fans' views before making decisions is called for. James Brent should have worked with the Fans Trust immediately on taking over instead of wasting months and boring the pants off everyone (except Tony) setting up the GasBoard. All fans (not just Trust members) could have expressed their opinions via the Trust during last season and these views taken into account when plans for seating were being worked on.

SPOT ON. But he's listening to the trusted one or two, where's PJ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Family Zone For All   Family Zone For All Empty

Back to top Go down

Family Zone For All
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next