The Open

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

The Open Empty
PostSubject: The Open   The Open EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 9:42 pm

I see that Stephen Alker has had two nice 69's on consecutive days.Lucky old Stephen,i say.

Snedeker winning,Scott not far off,Tiger threatening.Highlight for me though was watching Tom Watson sink a huge putt to make the cut.Remarkable man.
Back to top Go down

The Open Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Open   The Open EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 9:48 pm

I've backed Tiger at 10-1 to win, Paul Lawrie 100-1 and Martin Laird 100-1 each-way, all in with a sniff still.

It is strange watching the Open and no wind at all, not nearly as good fun, but it might get slightly harder on Sunday.

Best moment so far for me was Phil "Farmer Joe" Mickelson playing like a woman, can't stand the lunking great halfwit.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

The Open Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Open   The Open EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 10:50 pm

I had half an eye on Lawrie before the start of the tournament. Unplayable rough seems to suit his game. At least it did when he won The Open. I really enjoy watching golf on the telly mostly because Peter Alliss is such a wonderful commentator. I just love listening to him ramble on. I don't think I ever get as relaxed in front of the box as when golf is on. In fact I get so relaxed I rarely ever see more than about 10 minutes before I'm asleep.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Greenskin

Greenskin

The Open Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Open   The Open EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 6:30 pm

Well,that was a turn up for the books.Dear old Ernie Els won it with a late surge while Adam Scott blew up.Couldn't help feeling sorry for Scott,he played the first 68 holes superbly but thats golf,i guess,many a slip twixt cup and lip.Well done to Ernie though,always one of my favourite players.
Back to top Go down

The Open Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Open   The Open EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 7:48 pm

We all know the art of crossing the finishing line when all else is equal is a head thing, it is in all competitive sport, and probably in all walks of life ..... I could rattle on about why the revolutionary unstoppable armies of centuries gone by stopped at Derby, short of the London finishing line, turned around and went home, only to be picked off later as they settled down for tea with their Missus. Els has proved so many times why he's one of the greats of golf, he holds his nerve on the BIG occasion.

So the question is, how do Argyle get the head thing, the belief thing, the confidence thing, the thing they last had under Sturrock One.

For me, the first step toward that is they have to be at least good enough to exchange blows over 90 minutes and believe they will still be standing. In football, that means ability. Over to you Carl.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Open Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Open   The Open Empty

Back to top Go down

The Open
Page 1 of 1