The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

From It round and it white

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

From It round and it white Empty
PostSubject: From It round and it white   From It round and it white EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 7:37 pm

Plymouth Argyle Should Remain Patient

Do you agree?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: From It round and it white   From It round and it white EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 7:40 pm

Aviva jocolor
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: From It round and it white   From It round and it white EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 7:42 pm

The trouble with the young 'uns, or maybe it's an advantage, is that they don't carry all the historical baggage us old folk have to carry. They don't know the meaning of "same old Argo".
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: From It round and it white   From It round and it white EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 7:45 pm

And as long as Harry's real friends keep banging the 'glad to still have a club' drum, they will fall into line.

It won't tempt back the missing thousands though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: From It round and it white   From It round and it white EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 7:55 pm

I'm not young and I have Argyle baggage, I don't know Harry except what the press have told me but I'm glad to still have a club. The alternative being I would be glad not to have a club?????? Don't quite get the advantage to me in that one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: From It round and it white   From It round and it white EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 8:21 pm

Yep we should definitely wait a couple more years before thinking about a promotion bid, wait until the club is making a profit.

Make James Brent come out with this statement and watch Membership sales plummet and gates drop to below 5k. Success and higher crowds go hand in hand, higher crowds mean profit. Don't fall into the same old crap of being a mid table division 4 club with a die hard core of 3-4,000 fans and a few hundred more for big games. Big games like Torquay ffs.

Meanwhile the Brent empire encompasses a third of Plymouth now and is growing, but lets not try to run before we can walk eh?
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: From It round and it white   From It round and it white EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 6:27 pm

Yeah, lets aim for mediocrity then we wont be disappointed.

Remember, over 25% of the teams in this Division will finish in a promotion or play-off spot-that's a pretty easy target to aim for.

The reality is that you don't need a very good team to get promoted out of this league, and has been proved in the past by several clubs- including Argyle, Exeter, Torquay, Yeovil- you don't need to "buy" your way out, a good team spirit and a bit of organisation on the field is needed more than expensive players.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: From It round and it white   From It round and it white EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 6:54 pm

The quicker Harry completes the trashing and asset stripping of any land of value once owned by PAFC the sooner we can concentrate on the football.

It's all been a curse, this prime piece of land that everyone told us would remain forever untouched and unsoiled by the grubby hands of property developers. If we never had it in the first place we would never had lost it and if we had never lost it we would never have been in the position that we are today.

Hurry Harry!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: From It round and it white   From It round and it white EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 7:07 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
I'm not young and I have Argyle baggage, I don't know Harry except what the press have told me but I'm glad to still have a club. The alternative being I would be glad not to have a club?????? Don't quite get the advantage to me in that one.

Reading Mr Corbett's comments in Cornwall yesterday, it appears he was thinking of starting a new club anyway if Ridsdale's plan hadn't gone through and we had to start again. So your comments don't bear investigation. Not only that, I believe we were always going to have a league club at the end of the process ... it was just a matter of how long it took for the penny to drop with the employees.... or in this case £3.5m
Makes me wonder why such a non-football man would do such a thing. There must have been one almighty big reason to attract him to this club.... can't think what it is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: From It round and it white   From It round and it white Empty

Back to top Go down

From It round and it white
Page 1 of 1