Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nick Powell of Crewe to Man Utd

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Nick Powell of Crewe to Man Utd Empty
PostSubject: Nick Powell of Crewe to Man Utd   Nick Powell of Crewe to Man Utd EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 3:40 pm

Young talent who scored 16 goals for Crewe last season, is on his way to Man Utd for £2 million up front, which could rise to £4 million with appearances etc.

Now that's how to cash in on your assets, none of this £150k crap we got for Joe Mason, who had been scoring in a higher league. Dario Gradi has always unearthed some real good young talent at Crewe, and although he's no longer manager, he is Director of Football. No what was it exactly John Deehan did for Argyle in the same sort of role?
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Nick Powell of Crewe to Man Utd   Nick Powell of Crewe to Man Utd EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 4:08 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Young talent who scored 16 goals for Crewe last season, is on his way to Man Utd for £2 million up front, which could rise to £4 million with appearances etc.

Now that's how to cash in on your assets, none of this £150k crap we got for Joe Mason, who had been scoring in a higher league. Dario Gradi has always unearthed some real good young talent at Crewe, and although he's no longer manager, he is Director of Football. No what was it exactly John Deehan did for Argyle in the same sort of role?

It has nothing to do with Deehan he was at the club a couple months, where as Gradi has been at crewe 200 years!!!!!, and Crewe have an excellent youth set up, Argyles is poop, I manage within the DJM and most players in the top divisions end up going to Torquays developement. Argyle's youth set up is poorly managed even when Gordon Bennet was there, for a City of this size we should be seeing alot of players coming through the ranks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nick Powell of Crewe to Man Utd   Nick Powell of Crewe to Man Utd EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 4:13 pm

I know he can't take the blame. I was just pointing out what a great job Dario Gradi does. Not at a fashionable club but over the years he has nurtured some real good talent and sold them for a huge amount of money which has kept the club going on such small gates.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nick Powell of Crewe to Man Utd   Nick Powell of Crewe to Man Utd EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 4:19 pm

125+1 wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

It has nothing to do with Deehan he was at the club a couple months, where as Gradi has been at crewe 200 years!!!!!, and Crewe have an excellent youth set up, Argyles is poop, I manage within the DJM and most players in the top divisions end up going to Torquays developement. Argyle's youth set up is poorly managed even when Gordon Bennet was there, for a City of this size we should be seeing alot of players coming through the ranks.

I agree with you 125.

Argyle have woefully ignored the infra structure at the football club since the second world war.

Crewe had a full blown academy where we had to beg borrow or steeal for our kids, so no wonder they had every chance to prosper.

When I was nowt more than a lad I remember Harpers Park opening to a fanfare, If anything we seem to have gone backwards as eventhe gym Ollie got is gone.

And last but not least the Grandstand is finally scheduled to come down within 2 years. Good long over due as anyone over 5.5 inches tall will testify. Im at least hopeful some of the other short comings will be seen to, not least the team, as I do think we will have a decent squad come kick off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nick Powell of Crewe to Man Utd   Nick Powell of Crewe to Man Utd EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 9:22 am

tonycholwell wrote:
125+1 wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

I agree with you 125.

Argyle have woefully ignored the infra structure at the football club since the second world war.

Crewe had a full blown academy where we had to beg borrow or steeal for our kids, so no wonder they had every chance to prosper.

When I was nowt more than a lad I remember Harpers Park opening to a fanfare, If anything we seem to have gone backwards as eventhe gym Ollie got is gone.

And last but not least the Grandstand is finally scheduled to come down within 2 years. Good long over due as anyone over 5.5 inches tall will testify. Im at least hopeful some of the other short comings will be seen to, not least the team, as I do think we will have a decent squad come kick off.

I think the yoof come way down the list, after Hotels, conference centres, fan fest's, lip service to a type of trust, big flags, ect, ect, then you get to investing in the team and so on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nick Powell of Crewe to Man Utd   Nick Powell of Crewe to Man Utd Empty

Back to top Go down

Nick Powell of Crewe to Man Utd
Page 1 of 1