pepsipete
seadog
Charlie Wood
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

Who's up for a ATD summer party Empty
PostSubject: Who's up for a ATD summer party   Who's up for a ATD summer party EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 10:47 pm

Laughing OK only joking...but...I do expect to be attending home games this season when it suits, I've always had the weakest of willpower with all my addictions and I do enjoy numbing my sensibilities with several pints beforehand but normally end up drinking by myself in some godforsaken Plymouth hostelry, the "Bay Window" was definitely not for me (had one look once). However, I would be more than pleased to meet up with any of you chaps pre match for some intelligent conversation. Mind you I have been known to stay a little long on occasions but ever since missing a 3rd minute goal against Colchester many moons ago in a dire 1-0 win I do try to get in just before kick off. If I misjudge it I'm left forking out £15 or whatever for a plastic bottle of piss.

Over the past few seasons I used to frequent The Fellowship on my way in from Cornwall, rough as guts but some good Argyle guys there, now it's boarded up and due for conversion to flats.

PS This is written with the thought that some of you do actually go...sometimes.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Who's up for a ATD summer party   Who's up for a ATD summer party EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 10:52 pm

If I'm in Plymouth I'm up for a meet.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Who's up for a ATD summer party   Who's up for a ATD summer party EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 11:20 pm

Usually accompanied by Mrs PP and Grand Daughter plus not allowed alcohol anyway, nice idea though.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Who's up for a ATD summer party   Who's up for a ATD summer party EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 5:48 am

Since moving to Cyprus I haven't been to the westcountry at all.In fact I think it's many years since I last saw a home game. Think it was the end of season 1-0 win over Watford when Akos scored. Went down with a Watford mate and my three sons. Had a cracking night on the Barbican and the fringes of Union St....Walkabout bar I think it was. I would enjoy a meet up pre match but can't see it happening for me anytime soon. Am back in Tring for a while in August but my weekends will be taken up with cricket.

My heartfelt protestations over 'the trust in stapes, organic model' and my subsequent gleeful removal from the farm, was the last straw. Travelled reluctantly to a few away games to stare at big big clubs and try to 'enjoy the ride' but I'd had it by then.

Still have a place in my heart for the club but cannot be arsed to put it at the top of my priorities. If I lived in Plymouth I'd be like Charlie I'm sure.......but I'm not, thank God !

If and when the club is run by good people I will return .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who's up for a ATD summer party   Who's up for a ATD summer party EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 6:02 am

Like you i am a non season ticket man and attend games with irregular intervals due to other commitments/work. I always enjoy a pint or 2 before games and for me it has become as much a part of the match day experience as the game itself.
I also have tried the Brit but it is not my cup of tea...the bay window beys!!
pig pig
I used to go in the Stoke inn before games but more recently new owners have moved in and removed all the goodies like the live football,sandwiches etc,these days it is like a morgue on match-days. The blockhouse next door is what i use currently, decent beer,live games,you even get a few away fans from time to time for some friendly banter, never too busy but never dull (if that makes any sense?)
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Who's up for a ATD summer party   Who's up for a ATD summer party EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 7:33 am

punchdrunk wrote:
Like you i am a non season ticket man and attend games with irregular intervals due to other commitments/work. I always enjoy a pint or 2 before games and for me it has become as much a part of the match day experience as the game itself.
I also have tried the Brit but it is not my cup of tea...the bay window beys!!
pig pig
I used to go in the Stoke inn before games but more recently new owners have moved in and removed all the goodies like the live football,sandwiches etc,these days it is like a morgue on match-days. The blockhouse next door is what i use currently, decent beer,live games,you even get a few away fans from time to time for some friendly banter, never too busy but never dull (if that makes any sense?)

Ahhh that takes me back to the 50's. Used to go with my grandad to the Blockhouse on a Sunday morning. Always seemed to be waiting outside for it to open at 12 noon. Can remember him looking forward to his Bass from the wood and a sneaky fag or two. Think he had to give up both vices eventually as the medication for hypertension wasn't very good in those days.Bleddy stroke got him too young.
Haven't been there since. Would love to visit again someday. I'm sure there will be an appropriate time when a few of us can meet up, enjoy a few beers and a pasty before the game.
Never say never.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Who's up for a ATD summer party   Who's up for a ATD summer party EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 9:36 pm

For my posturing and bravado, I expect I'll be back in Plymouth for a game or two. Tis The Fortescue pre-game fer me, don't tend to be as tanked up fer home games, but always in the mood for a casual couple if there's an ATD 'meet'.

PS does this sound gay? I'm not sure.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Who's up for a ATD summer party   Who's up for a ATD summer party EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 1:04 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
For my posturing and bravado, I expect I'll be back in Plymouth for a game or two. Tis The Fortescue pre-game fer me, don't tend to be as tanked up fer home games, but always in the mood for a casual couple if there's an ATD 'meet'.

PS does this sound gay? I'm not sure.

For you, yes it does.

Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Who's up for a ATD summer party   Who's up for a ATD summer party EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 10:44 am

I either go to the Cherry Tree or one of the pubs on Mutley Plain (usually The Mutley Crown for the jug offer). I've been to the 'Brit' on a couple of occasions, but have found it quite dull.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Who's up for a ATD summer party   Who's up for a ATD summer party EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 6:44 pm

I don't drink before or during a game [although it would have been an excellent painkiller in the past 3 seasons] because i drive 15 miles to the ground.I could catch the train on a one off basis though,wouldn't be a problem if a session was to be set up.
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: Who's up for a ATD summer party   Who's up for a ATD summer party EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 3:19 pm

Has summer started then? Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin

PostSubject: Re: Who's up for a ATD summer party   Who's up for a ATD summer party EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 4:10 pm

I'm up for it!

GS, if you need picking up for the run into Plymouth then let me know.

Pete, you can manage a shandy and the Mrs and family welcomed, I'm sure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who's up for a ATD summer party   Who's up for a ATD summer party EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 4:11 pm

Sandford_Grecian wrote:

Brave enough? lol!
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: Who's up for a ATD summer party   Who's up for a ATD summer party EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 4:22 pm

GOB wrote:
Sandford_Grecian wrote:

Brave enough? lol!

I'm not female, I'm not a pensioner (just yet) nor disabled, so Yes, I'm brave enough lol!

However OP states only joking, and then goes onto meeting up before this coming season's games. Stumbling block here is, you're home games, clash with our home games iirc Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who's up for a ATD summer party   Who's up for a ATD summer party EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 4:29 pm

yes but come on, you know which match you would really prefer! jocolor
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Who's up for a ATD summer party   Who's up for a ATD summer party EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 5:06 pm

GOB wrote:

Mmmmmm tough one; let's see,

Sat Aug 13th ECFC v MK Dons in League 1

or PAFC v Rotherham in league 2

With us dismantling Stevenage 1st game & sitting top of the league, & after devouring Yeovil in league cup round 1, and subsequently drawing Liverpool at home for round 2. although by no means a glamour tie v MK Dons, guess it still does, just pip the other one lol!
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Who's up for a ATD summer party   Who's up for a ATD summer party EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 5:27 pm

Do you need to "Bring your own dinner"?

What on earth was meant by that anyway?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Who's up for a ATD summer party   Who's up for a ATD summer party EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 6:21 pm

Rickler wrote:

It came from John Sitton,the ex Orient manager,when he was threatening some of his own players during his half time team talk.I never fully understood what he meant by it,presumably that the fight would go on as long as he wanted and that they should bring their grub if they wanted a break.Here it is,anyway;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obixCOVTVwY
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Who's up for a ATD summer party   Who's up for a ATD summer party EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 6:30 am

Sandford_Grecian wrote:
GOB wrote:

Mmmmmm tough one; let's see,

Sat Aug 13th ECFC v MK Dons in League 1

or PAFC v Rotherham in league 2

With us dismantling Stevenage 1st game & sitting top of the league, & after devouring Yeovil in league cup round 1, and subsequently drawing Liverpool at home for round 2. although by no means a glamour tie v MK Dons, guess it still does, just pip the other one lol!

Look how far we've come ! jocolor lol!

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Who's up for a ATD summer party   Who's up for a ATD summer party EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 12:47 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Rickler wrote:

It came from John Sitton,the ex Orient manager,when he was threatening some of his own players during his half time team talk.I never fully understood what he meant by it,presumably that the fight would go on as long as he wanted and that they should bring their grub if they wanted a break.Here it is,anyway;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obixCOVTVwY

I thought he meant bring whatever,whoever you like................. I'm ready for ya !

So lacking in class and sophistication. Still, if the jester hat fits, wear it with pride jocolor
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Who's up for a ATD summer party   Who's up for a ATD summer party EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 3:40 pm

GOB wrote:
I'm up for it!

GS, if you need picking up for the run into Plymouth then let me know.

Pete, you can manage a shandy and the Mrs and family welcomed, I'm sure.

Will try and give it a go, depends on family commitments at the time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who's up for a ATD summer party   Who's up for a ATD summer party Empty

Back to top Go down

Who's up for a ATD summer party
Page 1 of 1