+2
PlymptonPilgrim
Czarcasm
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Dilemma...(trimming my neighbours bush) Empty
PostSubject: Dilemma...(trimming my neighbours bush)   Dilemma...(trimming my neighbours bush) EmptySun May 13, 2012 12:07 pm

I'm looking for a spot of advice. One of my garden boundaries has a long privet hedge which I share with my neighbour. Now, I must say, I like to keep a nice tidy bush. Tightly cut, neat, easy on the eye, yeah?

My neighbour, a middle-aged lady, is not quite as meticulous when it comes to her side.

To put it bluntly, her bush is f*cking wild. Sad

The problem is, when she does get round to getting someone in, half of it falls on my bloody side, because of the logistics of manoeuvring around her side, which is at about 14 feet now.

Picking up her mammoth bush trimmimgs pisses me off, no end.

My dilemma is, should I go around and offer to cut her side? Should I ask for payment? - it's not a five minute job. Should I leave the branches for her to dispose of?

Do I do it out of the goodness of my heart? Or do I simply slash in to it (from my side) therefore 'claiming' possesion of more of the bush width?

I don't want to fall out with her, but I'm not sure what to do scratch [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Am I being too picky? Is having a nice tight bush such an issue?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dilemma...(trimming my neighbours bush)   Dilemma...(trimming my neighbours bush) EmptySun May 13, 2012 12:10 pm

I've never understood the obsession with a neatly trimmed bush. I'd always go for the natural look.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Dilemma...(trimming my neighbours bush)   Dilemma...(trimming my neighbours bush) EmptySun May 13, 2012 12:35 pm

I've always thought a bush should be kept tidy.

Have you considered topiary of some description?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dilemma...(trimming my neighbours bush)   Dilemma...(trimming my neighbours bush) EmptySun May 13, 2012 12:48 pm

Excellent standard of double wossnames, fellas. Droly would be proud of you.

Czar: have you considered moving house? It's a solution Cool
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Dilemma...(trimming my neighbours bush)   Dilemma...(trimming my neighbours bush) EmptySun May 13, 2012 12:50 pm

Don't beat about the bush. Tell her you'll trim her side of the bush too if she helps clear up.

This got me thinking. Mouse's ear or bison's chin ? Mouse's ear for me.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Dilemma...(trimming my neighbours bush)   Dilemma...(trimming my neighbours bush) EmptySun May 13, 2012 12:56 pm

Peggy wrote:
Excellent standard of double wossnames, fellas. Droly would be proud of you.

Czar: have you considered moving house? It's a solution Cool

I can see the Sun headlines:

MAN FORCED TO MOVE BY BUSTY NEIGHBOUR'S BUSH.

The Mail would run a perfectly serious piece on how unruly bushes are indicative of our society at the moment, and is just the sort of issue Cameron should be focussing on.

As for the Daily Sport, well, the mind boggles.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dilemma...(trimming my neighbours bush)   Dilemma...(trimming my neighbours bush) EmptySun May 13, 2012 1:02 pm

Personally, I would prefer it if the bush was at least trimmed to the roots, it's less likely to be attacked by moss.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Dilemma...(trimming my neighbours bush)   Dilemma...(trimming my neighbours bush) EmptySun May 13, 2012 1:04 pm

Could you offer to trim her bush in a Brazilian style- slimmer and more pleasing on the eye?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dilemma...(trimming my neighbours bush)   Dilemma...(trimming my neighbours bush) EmptySun May 13, 2012 1:14 pm

Get a Brazilian....................................................................................in to cut her bush.

My own personal advice is to offer to tidy her bush in return for a blow job. Plenty of swallows around to help keep things tidy. Your happy, she is happy, even better still her mouth is full so you wont hear her incessant tittle tattle
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dilemma...(trimming my neighbours bush)   Dilemma...(trimming my neighbours bush) EmptySun May 13, 2012 1:30 pm

The Red Star wrote:
Get a Brazilian....................................................................................in to cut her bush.

My own personal advice is to offer to tidy her bush in return for a blow job. Plenty of swallows around to help keep things tidy. Your happy, she is happy, even better still her mouth is full so you wont hear her incessant tittle tattle

You really should think about doing a problem page on ATD. Sound advice, eloquently delivered. Marje Proops and Clare Rayner would be so proud.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Dilemma...(trimming my neighbours bush)   Dilemma...(trimming my neighbours bush) EmptySun May 13, 2012 3:14 pm

The Red Star wrote:

Well it's an option, Mr Star. Thing is, much as I'm not adverse to a bit of MILF/GILF, she's really not much of a looker. In fact, you know when people say that dogs often resemble their owners? Well, my neighbour kinda resembles her bush.

There's another thing too, if I trim her bush this time - especially if I don't charge - will she expect free bushwork in future?

Can of worms ain't it?
Back to top Go down
SirCumfrance

PostSubject: Re: Dilemma...(trimming my neighbours bush)   Dilemma...(trimming my neighbours bush) EmptySun May 13, 2012 8:05 pm

My own personal preference is to get rid of the bush altogether.

There's nothing worse than bits of it stuck in the teeth......of the hedge trimmer.

In respect of your dilema, if you want a job doing properly, do it yourself. Play the good samaritan and then you can trim her bush to your standards. Clearly, it will involve a bit of extra work on your part, both trimming and cleaning up, but I think it will be worth it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dilemma...(trimming my neighbours bush)   Dilemma...(trimming my neighbours bush) EmptySun May 13, 2012 8:11 pm

My missus is the gardener in our house and she decided years ago to do away with the hassle of a bush altogether. A nicely clipped hedge all the time with the minimum of upkeep required.

I strongly recommend it as it's so much easier to get to what's on the other side.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Dilemma...(trimming my neighbours bush)   Dilemma...(trimming my neighbours bush) EmptyMon May 21, 2012 8:24 pm

Ok, neighbours bush update...

...well, I went round and volunteered my services this afternoon. She was delighted, and after I'd got to work on some of the thick stuff, she would then help me sacateuring it into managable sizes. I let her guide me, so as I didn't take too much off - she doesn't like it too bare.

Very much a work-in-progress though, with most of it falling on to my side Mad (see below) but I'll be going around tomorrow to finish off and give her a bush she can be proud of.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dilemma...(trimming my neighbours bush)   Dilemma...(trimming my neighbours bush) EmptyMon May 21, 2012 8:46 pm

I hate to tell you this, Czar me old mucker, but that's not a bush.

It's a hedge.

Razz
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Dilemma...(trimming my neighbours bush)   Dilemma...(trimming my neighbours bush) EmptyMon May 21, 2012 9:08 pm

Peggy wrote:
I hate to tell you this, Czar me old mucker, but that's not a bush.

It's a hedge.

Razz

'Tis true Pegs yeah, (I even allude to it in the 2nd sentence of the OP)

For the purposes of childish, juvenile, sexist double entendres though, it's a bush. Very Happy

Do you have a bush hedge Peggy?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dilemma...(trimming my neighbours bush)   Dilemma...(trimming my neighbours bush) EmptyMon May 21, 2012 9:39 pm

Haven't got a garden.

Just a windowbox.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Dilemma...(trimming my neighbours bush)   Dilemma...(trimming my neighbours bush) EmptyMon May 21, 2012 9:41 pm

Peggy wrote:
Haven't got a garden.

Just a windowbox.

Are we talking in riddles here, my darling? lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dilemma...(trimming my neighbours bush)   Dilemma...(trimming my neighbours bush) EmptyMon May 21, 2012 9:42 pm

No.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dilemma...(trimming my neighbours bush)   Dilemma...(trimming my neighbours bush) EmptyMon May 21, 2012 9:51 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Dilemma...(trimming my neighbours bush)   Dilemma...(trimming my neighbours bush) EmptyMon May 21, 2012 11:16 pm

Czarcasm I hope you had adequate protection!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dilemma...(trimming my neighbours bush)   Dilemma...(trimming my neighbours bush) Empty

Back to top Go down

Dilemma...(trimming my neighbours bush)
Page 1 of 1