Greenskin
Freathy
Dougie
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dougie

Dougie

Birmingham v Blackpool Empty
PostSubject: Birmingham v Blackpool   Birmingham v Blackpool EmptyWed May 09, 2012 7:09 pm

I'd like Holloway to do it again despite what the Beeb say at 1903

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham v Blackpool   Birmingham v Blackpool EmptyWed May 09, 2012 7:12 pm

Dougie wrote:
I'd like Holloway to do it again despite what the Beeb say at 1903

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Absolutely backing Ollie!

It's only bitter *****wallet lovers who call him Hollowords.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham v Blackpool   Birmingham v Blackpool EmptyWed May 09, 2012 7:27 pm

No doubt Pasoti will be in meltdown if Blackpool fail jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham v Blackpool   Birmingham v Blackpool EmptyWed May 09, 2012 7:43 pm

I don't love Stapleton but I call Holloway hollowords with good reason. My son bought me his book and my wife queued up for ages in Drake Circus shopping centre to get him to write in it and sign. He knew he was leaving when he signed and wrote in that book and the words turned out to be very hollow indeed.

Personally I couldn't give a flying fig who wins the Championship playoff or even gets into it. None of them are my club so it matters not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham v Blackpool   Birmingham v Blackpool EmptyWed May 09, 2012 7:51 pm

Despite what the BBC may say Ollie has a lot of fans down here,Oddball included. I wish them well tonight.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham v Blackpool   Birmingham v Blackpool EmptyWed May 09, 2012 8:05 pm

I think the people who get upset with Holloway are the same ones who don't understand players kissing the badge one minute and handing in a transfer request because their agent has got them a better deal somewhere else.

He could have done decent things with some decent backing at the right time.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham v Blackpool   Birmingham v Blackpool EmptyWed May 09, 2012 8:21 pm

Ollie tells the fans what they want to hear. He's got a media image and plays right up to it. He's also ambitious and expects ambition to match his and appropriate backing from his chairman. I'd give anything to have him or someone like him back here bigging up the club and attracting quality players.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham v Blackpool   Birmingham v Blackpool EmptyWed May 09, 2012 8:27 pm

So what you are saying in your first two sentences Freathy is that Holloway lies if necessary which in my book is "Hollowords". The rest of your post I agree with he does have ambition and is a good manager.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham v Blackpool   Birmingham v Blackpool EmptyWed May 09, 2012 8:35 pm

Blackpool just scored according to BBC website so it looks like your love affrair with Ollie can continue unabated.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham v Blackpool   Birmingham v Blackpool EmptyWed May 09, 2012 8:45 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
So what you are saying in your first two sentences Freathy is that Holloway lies if necessary which in my book is "Hollowords". The rest of your post I agree with he does have ambition and is a good manager.

I really hope you didn't believe him when he said he wanted to paint Smeaton's Tower green. He said he loved the club and that's what the fans wanted to hear. Of course it's a lot of flannel and the fans lap it all up. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. As long as he backs it up with serving up the goods on the pitch which he did. But I knew he was first and formost a Gashead. And he's a football manager and like all managers puts his own ambitions first.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham v Blackpool   Birmingham v Blackpool EmptyWed May 09, 2012 8:57 pm

2-0 Blackpool, so they're going to Wembley again on average gates of around 14,000. I wouldn't bet against them beating West Ham in a one-off game either.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham v Blackpool   Birmingham v Blackpool EmptyWed May 09, 2012 8:57 pm

Freathy wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:

I really hope you didn't believe him when he said he wanted to paint Smeaton's Tower green. He said he loved the club and that's what the fans wanted to hear. Of course it's a lot of flannel and the fans lap it all up. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. As long as he backs it up with serving up the goods on the pitch which he did. But I knew he was first and formost a Gashead. And he's a football manager and like all managers puts his own ambitions first.

2-0 to Blackpool now.

Trust in Stapes! lol! jocolor

It was all our fault Freathy,we were just Sooooo demanding! I mean,see our miniscule gates at the time compared to those of Blackpool! Anyway,still time for Birmingham to come back. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham v Blackpool   Birmingham v Blackpool EmptyWed May 09, 2012 9:03 pm

nible nible nible......nope, wrong bait.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham v Blackpool   Birmingham v Blackpool EmptyWed May 09, 2012 9:16 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:

2-0 to Blackpool now.

It was all our fault Freathy,we were just Sooooo demanding! I mean,see our miniscule gates at the time compared to those of Blackpool! Anyway,still time for Birmingham to come back. Rolling Eyes

Those who trusted in stapes have now got the club and team they fully deserve. But at least they had fun singing "f*** off Holloway" at Leicester jocolor
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham v Blackpool   Birmingham v Blackpool EmptyWed May 09, 2012 9:43 pm

Freathy wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:

2-0 to Blackpool now.

Those who trusted in stapes have now got the club and team they fully deserve. But at least they had fun singing "f*** off Holloway" at Leicester jocolor

Blackpool 3-2 on aggregate.Freathy,are you going to wear your Wembley 2008 T-shirt tomorrow? I think i might.

Goin'Fleetwood? lol! jocolor
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham v Blackpool   Birmingham v Blackpool EmptyWed May 09, 2012 9:50 pm

Greenskin wrote:

Blackpool 3-2 on aggregate.Freathy,are you going to wear your Wembley 2008 T-shirt tomorrow? I think i might.

I may wear my half Watford and half Argyle scarf lol! lol! jocolor
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham v Blackpool   Birmingham v Blackpool EmptyWed May 09, 2012 9:52 pm

Freathy wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

I may wear my half Watford and half Argyle scarf lol! lol! jocolor

Giant pasties forever! cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham v Blackpool   Birmingham v Blackpool EmptyWed May 09, 2012 10:03 pm

Congratulations to Blackpool and Ian Holloway,top drawer Ollie,top drawer.......
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham v Blackpool   Birmingham v Blackpool EmptyWed May 09, 2012 10:45 pm

Well done Ollie and Blackpool. Done on average gates of 12,800 and having to rebuild after losing his top 3 players at the end of last season. I still prefer West Ham to go up though, they've been in the top 3 all season and probably deserve it especially after beating Blackpool 4-0 and 4-1 in their two league matches.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham v Blackpool   Birmingham v Blackpool EmptyThu May 10, 2012 8:44 am

My mum's side of the fam are all bluenoses. Thought they were unlucky last night, but that's what happens when you don't start playing til the 70th minute of the second leg. I now lean towards Blackpool, not because I particularly like Holloway, but cos West Ham and Allardyce are odious.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham v Blackpool   Birmingham v Blackpool EmptyThu May 10, 2012 9:10 am

Funny that Mock as many of the West Ham fans I chat to have a lot of time for Argyle. In know for a fact they think we were one of, if not the best set of fans they've had there in recent years. West Ham all the way for me. I will however agree with your point about Allardyce.
Back to top Go down
http://www.haleendafc.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham v Blackpool   Birmingham v Blackpool EmptyThu May 10, 2012 9:35 am

I think that West Ham are a better side.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham v Blackpool   Birmingham v Blackpool EmptyThu May 10, 2012 9:47 am

Blackpool are rather good when it comes to play offs bit like Germans with penalty shoot outs.
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham v Blackpool   Birmingham v Blackpool EmptyThu May 10, 2012 9:55 am

Both teams are in good form so it should be a cracker. You can never write off a Holloway side especially on a big pitch like Wembley. My brother's got my ticket for me, which is nice!
Back to top Go down
http://www.haleendafc.co.uk
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham v Blackpool   Birmingham v Blackpool EmptyThu May 10, 2012 1:39 pm

Three years ago after Blackpool got promotion from League1 they were the bookies favourites to not just be relegated, but also to finish bottom. So getting promoted to the Premier League that season was a pretty sensational achievement by Holloway.

I've mellowed quite a bit as regards how I view him in the time since he left. I still think he got a lot wrong in the manner in which he left, but he is on record as saying that leaving us was one of his biggest footballing mistakes.

I could really give a toss who goes up actually. All that mattered to me was Cardiff failing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham v Blackpool   Birmingham v Blackpool Empty

Back to top Go down

Birmingham v Blackpool
Page 1 of 1