Tringreen
Chemical Ali
Greenskin
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Summer Plans Empty
PostSubject: Summer Plans   Summer Plans EmptyMon May 07, 2012 11:40 am

So what's everyone up to then? - It's music festivals and camping for me, as much as poss.
Back to top Go down

Summer Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans   Summer Plans EmptyMon May 07, 2012 11:50 am

Lots of camping. Have been looking for a decent kids friendly festival that isn't too expensive if anyone has any suggestions.
Back to top Go down

Summer Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans   Summer Plans EmptyMon May 07, 2012 11:58 am

I intend to drink beer from cans, as I can throw the empties into the recyling bin. My yearly trip to the bottle bank takes too long and makes me realise I drink too much.
Back to top Go down

Summer Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans   Summer Plans EmptyMon May 07, 2012 2:22 pm

When it's dry, I'll be found climbing tors and generally wandering around on the moors. When it's raining a bit, I'll be at home adding to my portfolio. When it's raining a lot (gets too dark innit), I'll be lying on the sofa pretending to read a book but actually having a nap.

To be on the safe side, I'm assuming I'll be getting a lot of painting, reading and napping done. If not, then that's a bonus.
Back to top Go down

Summer Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans   Summer Plans EmptyMon May 07, 2012 2:37 pm

Recovering.
Back to top Go down

Summer Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans   Summer Plans EmptyMon May 07, 2012 4:23 pm

Le Mans for a week in six weeks time. The seventh year in succession. Love it!

Week in Paignton, also in the 'van at the end of July, semi planning Mexico for Christmas, but not sure yet. Might try and sneak a week in the sun in August.

Other than that, pre-season friendlies to look forward to.

Oh, nearly forgot, the cricket season is upon us! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

Summer Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans   Summer Plans EmptyMon May 07, 2012 4:53 pm

As a new kid on the block its Cricket,Cricket,Cricket.With West Indies,Australia and South Africa on the horizon Summers dont get any better than this.Then off to NZ for the winter tour and maybe meet up with a few (pasoti) ex-pats.....Argyle?...Depends.......
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Summer Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans   Summer Plans EmptyMon May 07, 2012 7:40 pm

Playing plenty of golf and watching lots of cricket.Getting excited about transfer targets mentioned in media outlets and then feeling deflated when they don't materialise.Apart from no Argyle,not really much different to winter,although you can look forward to some nice warm evenings when a stroll in our superb countryside can be undertaken.
Back to top Go down

Summer Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans   Summer Plans EmptyMon May 07, 2012 7:43 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Playing plenty of golf and watching lots of cricket.Getting excited about transfer targets mentioned in media outlets and then feeling deflated when they don't materialise.Apart from no Argyle,not really much different to winter,although you can look forward to some nice warm evenings when a stroll in our superb countryside can be undertaken.

This for me, except for the golf thing - a sport I've never really understood. Michael Parkinson once described Golf as being an expensive way of leaving home. My view entirely.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Summer Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans   Summer Plans EmptyMon May 07, 2012 7:46 pm

Watching Ingerlund getting mauled in the Euros.
Back to top Go down

Summer Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans   Summer Plans EmptyTue May 08, 2012 12:57 am

Who do you play cricket for Andy ?
Back to top Go down

Summer Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans   Summer Plans EmptyTue May 08, 2012 7:08 am

Braidie Cole wrote:

Who said Andy plays cricket Braidie?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Summer Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans   Summer Plans EmptyTue May 08, 2012 8:16 am

Andy_Symons wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

This for me, except for the golf thing - a sport I've never really understood. Michael Parkinson once described Golf as being an expensive way of leaving home. My view entirely.

Ahh but it's like cricket Andy, gets you out of the house for hours and hours and there's always beer involved !
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

Summer Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans   Summer Plans EmptyTue May 08, 2012 11:44 am

Greenjock wrote:
Lots of camping. Have been looking for a decent kids friendly festival that isn't too expensive if anyone has any suggestions.

Shrewsbury Folk Festival... we go every year, non rip off prices, real musical talent on show for 4 days, and even the food & craft vans etc don't rip you off, and one hell of a hic real ale/cider beer tent hic Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

Summer Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans   Summer Plans EmptyTue May 08, 2012 12:01 pm

Summer begins next weekend for us, 3 days at Swanage beer, & diesel gala... camping at Norden, then it's off to Swanage railway for a few preserved diesels, of classes '2 x 20, 1 x 27, 2 x 33, 1 x 42, 1 x 50, 1 x 55 & 1 x 57' Very Happy , then it's off to Corfe Castle bakery, for a lovely breakfast bap. Then it's back to the railway for some more preserved diesels, until luncheon, then it's off to the 'The Fish Plaice' (you see what they did there?) for awseome Haddock & chips to be eaten by the sea front (weather permitting). Then back to the railway for some more preserved diesels, ensuring we're at Swanage station for the dining train (The Wessex Belle) at 7.30 pm, for 2 round trips whilst having 3 course dinner & a few ales on board. Then it's off at Harmans cross, for the real ale hic, festival, & live music, and if we get peckish, one of their awesome burgers & chips, until the last train back to Norden... Camp site is a 5 min stroll down in the morning and a 15 min stagger back at night, hic Wink

Rest of the summer will be camping, festivals, & diesel & or mixed traction (stinky steam, as well as dirty diesels) galas, with may be a few rail tours thrown in lol!

Then it's a look forward to see which one of us (Argiggle or Super City) finish on top, within the bottom 8... Reckon you may do it on goal difference, if we still have the Klown Krysiac in goal Wink

Last edited by Sandford_Grecian on Tue May 08, 2012 12:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

Summer Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans   Summer Plans EmptyTue May 08, 2012 12:08 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Braidie Cole wrote:

Well I know he used to.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

Summer Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans   Summer Plans EmptyTue May 08, 2012 12:16 pm

Sandford, I like the sound of your summer, have done the Swanage Railway, excellent.
Back to top Go down

Summer Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans   Summer Plans EmptyTue May 08, 2012 12:21 pm

Braidie Cole wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
Braidie Cole wrote:

Well I know he used to.

Ah so you know Andy then do you Braidie? And there was me thinking the only you joined up to this site was to try and recruit more people for your tampon sandwich fetish club.
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Summer Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans   Summer Plans EmptyTue May 08, 2012 12:24 pm

pepsipete wrote:
Sandford, I like the sound of your summer, have done the Swanage Railway, excellent.

We do this festival/gala every year Pete, it's a great way to start the summer, we love that line, such a friendly bunch, and trains run until midnight on Fri & Sat, so no rush to bag everything... so if you're not doing anything this weekend, you'll know where to find us, 'The Beast Deltic 19' is there Wink Very Happy

Last edited by Sandford_Grecian on Tue May 08, 2012 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Summer Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans   Summer Plans EmptyTue May 08, 2012 12:26 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Braidie Cole wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
Braidie Cole wrote:

Well I know he used to.

Ah so you know Andy then do you Braidie? And there was me thinking the only you joined up to this site was to try and recruit more people for your tampon sandwich fetish club.

Please, some of us like to enjoy our luncheon affraid

Last edited by Sandford_Grecian on Tue May 08, 2012 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

Summer Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans   Summer Plans EmptyTue May 08, 2012 12:26 pm

I shall spend all summer pining for the end of October when I can escape again to the Southern Hemisphere and know I will wake up everyday to glorious blue skies and temperatures in the mid 20' to mid 30's and can actually do all the things I would like to do here in the summer, if we ever had one!
Back to top Go down

Summer Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans   Summer Plans EmptyTue May 08, 2012 12:30 pm

Sandford_Grecian wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

Shrewsbury Folk Festival... we go every year, non rip off prices, real musical talent on show for 4 days, and even the food & craft vans etc don't rip you off, and one hell of a hic real ale/cider beer tent hic Laughing

All sold out Sandford. Sounds popular.
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Summer Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans   Summer Plans EmptyTue May 08, 2012 12:48 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Sandford_Grecian wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

That is the only draw back Jock, it sales out earlier every year. It is very popular, and very kid friendly, lots of workshops all day every day, pencil it in for 2013, but get your tickets as soon as they come out, there is a good reduction in cost, for early bird tickets too Wink
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Summer Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans   Summer Plans EmptyTue May 08, 2012 1:17 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Sandford_Grecian wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

I have heard great reports re: these festivals too,

http://www.bigsessionfestival.com/?cat_id=1&level=1
http://www.endoftheroadfestival.com/
http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/swanageblues/2012sept/

This is the one we usually end the summer season with, just down the road in Cornwall http://www.cornishbluegrass.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=7&Itemid=101 Fabulous Very Happy

But there is a festival somewhere every week; weekend of the year now, festivals are huge again now.

IMO a lot aren't worth the money they charge, Leeds, Reading, Glastonbury etc.. but there are a lot that are.

Check out the internet, I do it by County, starting in God's own county of Devon, you'll need Cornwall of course Wink then work your way up & out, absolute shed load in Dorset alone Very Happy to keep travel costs down etc...
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

Summer Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans   Summer Plans EmptyTue May 08, 2012 2:49 pm

Butlins was good last weekend.Wilco johnson,The beat,Sham 69,hazel o'connor,Uk subs,secret Affair,Bruce Foxton's Jam and many more all for £68.Friday,saturday and Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Summer Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Plans   Summer Plans Empty

Back to top Go down

Summer Plans
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next