The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cornish Pirates

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Cornish Pirates Empty
PostSubject: Cornish Pirates   Cornish Pirates EmptyMon May 07, 2012 11:18 am

The Cornish Pirates take on Bristol in the Championship semi-final 1st leg today. Is the possible ground sharing deal still on?

I'm not into rugby really, but I suppose it would be good for a Cornish team to make the top table.
Back to top Go down

Cornish Pirates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cornish Pirates   Cornish Pirates EmptyMon May 07, 2012 11:29 am

I forgot all about that, it could be interesting. Either way it's good to have yet another West Country club playing at the top, although I know Brizzo is really in the Midlands/Wales.
Back to top Go down

Cornish Pirates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cornish Pirates   Cornish Pirates EmptyMon May 07, 2012 11:37 am

I might even tune in. It's live on Sky soon.

I know it was discussed when the idea was first put forward, I think I switched off because I didn't think it would happen, but would the club benefit from rent? Or does that go to PCC? Isn't it a type of sub-letting? Landlords don't usually allow that sort of thing.

Also, surely it would affect the pitch if rugby was played on there every fortnight.
Back to top Go down

Cornish Pirates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cornish Pirates   Cornish Pirates EmptyMon May 07, 2012 11:44 am

Ah the Pirates haven't applied for promotion, do even if they win the play offs they're not going up.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

Cornish Pirates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cornish Pirates   Cornish Pirates EmptyMon May 07, 2012 8:39 pm

Bloody good game though and great comeback. It would be a crying shame if they won and didn't go up. The Chiefs have had a fantastic season this year and to get first class sport down in Kernow would be a shot in the arm for the region.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Cornish Pirates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cornish Pirates   Cornish Pirates EmptyMon May 07, 2012 8:58 pm

shonbo wrote:
Bloody good game though and great comeback. It would be a crying shame if they won and didn't go up. The Chiefs have had a fantastic season this year and to get first class sport down in Kernow would be a shot in the arm for the region.

Don't really follow Rugby in any great detail,how could they win and not go up?
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

Cornish Pirates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cornish Pirates   Cornish Pirates EmptyMon May 07, 2012 9:03 pm

Their ground is not up to scratch. There was talk of playing at HP if they got promoted, not sure what happened about this. But as it stands first class rugby will not be a goer until 2013 at the earliest. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Cornish Pirates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cornish Pirates   Cornish Pirates EmptyMon May 07, 2012 10:14 pm

Bristol are the only team out of 4 in the playoffs whose ground meets the requirements.

The rugger elite don't want any old riff-raff going up to the Aviva(!!!) Premiership. Just in case they, ya know, stick around.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

Cornish Pirates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cornish Pirates   Cornish Pirates EmptyMon May 07, 2012 10:26 pm

Are they waiting on Heaney building a new stadium on the outskirts of Truro that they will share with Truro City? I know that was on the cards a while back. If they are it could be a long wait.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

Cornish Pirates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cornish Pirates   Cornish Pirates EmptyTue May 08, 2012 9:05 am

Can't remember where I read it now, but in a recent article about one of the "sharing" (or proposed sharing) stated that the Aviva Premiership rules required the the rugger (donca love that word) team had primacy if there was a fixture clash. I'd be surprised if that was cast in stone as I wouldn't have thought Watford would have agreed to that.
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

Cornish Pirates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cornish Pirates   Cornish Pirates EmptyTue May 08, 2012 10:46 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Bristol are the only team out of 4 in the playoffs whose ground meets the requirements.

The rugger elite don't want any old riff-raff going up to the Aviva(!!!) Premiership. Just in case they, ya know, stick around.

Goldington Road (Bedford's ground) is at the end of my road and is a proper dump. If they somehow get past London Welsh and get promoted, I can only see a groundshare being a realistic option - closest stadium choices of either Kenilworth Road Razz or Nene Park (know which one I would rather plump for...)
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Cornish Pirates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cornish Pirates   Cornish Pirates EmptyTue May 08, 2012 10:48 am

LondonGreen wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:

Goldington Road (Bedford's ground) is at the end of my road and is a proper dump. If they somehow get past London Welsh and get promoted, I can only see a groundshare being a realistic option - closest stadium choices of either Kenilworth Road Razz or Nene Park (know which one I would rather plump for...)
It shouldn't matter, though.

As long as the stadium has a set capacity which is enforced, then I just don't get the issue the RFU have here. Do Newcastle deserve to stay up? No. Does whoever wins the playoff deserve to go up? Yes. End of.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
shonbo

shonbo

Cornish Pirates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cornish Pirates   Cornish Pirates EmptyTue May 08, 2012 11:33 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
LondonGreen wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:

It shouldn't matter, though.

As long as the stadium has a set capacity which is enforced, then I just don't get the issue the RFU have here. Do Newcastle deserve to stay up? No. Does whoever wins the playoff deserve to go up? Yes. End of.

Agreed Basketball
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cornish Pirates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cornish Pirates   Cornish Pirates Empty

Back to top Go down

Cornish Pirates
Page 1 of 1