seadog
Mock Cuncher
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
pepsipete

pepsipete

Co-op Report - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Co-op Report   Co-op Report - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 12:00 pm

Do most of my shopping in St. Budeaux Co Op, they unload your trolley, pack it in bags and deliver to your door at a time specified by you. A boon to someone as aged and infirm as myself. They are also throughly pleasant and polite with it which makes shopping quite an enjoyable experience.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Co-op Report   Co-op Report - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 2:55 pm

A good weekend saw 198 to 200 ticked off of Co-ops visited over the last three years .. I'm well ahead of my rivals.
Ashburton had to be the smallest Co-op I've ever visited. A must for all those with a claustrophobic fetish... is this the smallest in the country ?

Yesterday, as Jonah huffed and puffed at Home Park, Taunton was taken in .. nothing to report whatsoever, a real bore of a shop, it could have been Tesco. If you're in Taunton and need food, the County Stores are a far better bet, great shop.
And then to Glastonbury for their turn at the big annual Somerset Carnival season. For all those that do this Carnival circuit, they'll know how manic these events always are. A fine Co-op, anything you could wish for at a reasonable price plus the inevitable 20%. Co-op 'tax'. And a queue to die for with an extra 50,000 cramming the streets... a queue that was ineffeciently dealt with as ever in true mutual tradition... love it. The cause of the queue ? a merry street drunk trying to buy more than he needed and who was later seen with his mates and their dogs at the Town monument being rather unfairly treated by the police, truncheons drawn, as our table outside the pub went flying.
All community life is on show at your local Co-op.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Co-op Report   Co-op Report - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 3:08 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
I am currently back in Plymouth on a BENDER of a weekend. Hungover after a night of PASSIONATE drinking and MERCILESS boffing of local SKIRT upon The Strasse, I shuffed across to Somerfield on Mutley to pick up some supplies*.

Imagine my SHOCK when I found out that Somerfield is Co-op. I did not let this PERTURB me and remained FOCUSED upon my goals.

I initially was pleased that the layout has remained SIMILAR to how it was. I do not like change LOL.

I bought SOME Powerade after noticing on the bottle that it 'Hydrates better than water'. Hello, selling point! By SOME Powerade I mean a solitary bottle, retailing at the fairly unremarkable price of £1.15. I also some JAFFA cakes and then a hot chicken. The staff on the whole were EFFICIENT but there was one moment where I was waiting to get to the shelf for TEABAGS and there was a young CHAP refilling a nearby item (I cannot remember which, due to PROXIMITY I'd say POTENCH coffee?) who was in my way. This led to a minorly awkward moment which was soon addressed when he removed his slightly tubby FRAME from the vicinity. He was about 5"9.

At the till, there was no queue and I paid on my VISA card. My pin is 3042 (ROFL). The FROCK behind the counter was ADEQUATE.

7/10 - I did NOT miss the Somerfield brand.

Gosh. I guess this means it isn't Gateway any more?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Co-op Report   Co-op Report - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 3:25 pm

Anyone tried Morrisons BBQ Ribs? BLOODY ANSUM and,...........AND!.... they are 3 for 2 at the moment!

Edit to add: MODS, can we add the words "liddle" and "aldi" to the swear checker please, this thred is about class, not chav. farao
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Co-op Report   Co-op Report - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 3:31 pm

Will that be the ribs that are dispatched from that Morrisons' mega centre at Bridgwater ?
How would you feel as a wicker woman in rude health, standing alone and proud in the fields .... and all of a sudden .... woooshhhh ! a concrete disaster envelopes you ... and how does she now sleep at night with all those lights ?.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Co-op Report   Co-op Report - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 4:02 pm

Yes, that's the one Pirate....NOW I'M NEVER...EVER, GOING THERE AGAIN!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Co-op Report   Co-op Report - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 4:03 pm

Ive walked into that co-op many a time after a heavy session on the plain. My favourite snack from there is the smoked Mackeral fillets ..devour that then go home and force breath my grinch breath on the missus lol, a personal favorite of mine lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Co-op Report   Co-op Report - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 4:11 pm

There's an obvious direction for the thread to head now, but I think I'll leave that to someone else.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Co-op Report   Co-op Report - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 4:56 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Ive walked into that co-op many a time after a heavy session on the plain. My favourite snack from there is the smoked Mackeral fillets ..devour that then go home and force breath my grinch breath on the missus lol, a personal favorite of mine lol!

That's the boy !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Co-op Report   Co-op Report - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 9:08 am

I'm going shopping later...I needed to share that with you.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Richard Blight   Co-op Report - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 9:17 am

In oz they've got some places called 7-11's, which is a chain which has basically based it's business model on becoming like SPAR on crack. They're fookin everywhere, they're takin over. In the corner of my eye i've got a permanent 7-11 logo imprinted upon my retina, that is how prevo they are...when i first got here they did maxibons buy one get one free, which was an ACE deal cos maxibon's are like 3 ice creams in 1 anyway, but since that TOP deal stopped i've given them a WIDE berth.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Co-op Report   Co-op Report - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 11:44 am

Not sure why but I have this thread called Richard Blight (was it called Co-opbefore)?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Co-op Report   Co-op Report - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 11:46 am

Yeah, that confused me as well?

I think Mock's in a tormented world today or our Mods have become pasotified clown
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Co-op Report   Co-op Report - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 12:15 pm

I was hoping Mock had changed the title because I don't have a clue why its changed either.
Back to top Go down
crickeypafc

PostSubject: Re: Co-op Report   Co-op Report - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 1:31 pm

Well seeing as a team leader (duty manager ) for the co op in plymouth i am now worried at if anyone of you come into my store

I shall not name it untill someone says it
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Co-op Report   Co-op Report - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 1:41 pm

Exeter Street (small 24 hour one), Exeter Street bigger one, Peverell Corner,Peverell top (on the fork), Marlborough Street?

Any of these crikey?
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Co-op Report   Co-op Report - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 1:42 pm

One near DHS (Wilton Road?), Beaumont Street, Stoke
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Co-op Report   Co-op Report - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 2:04 pm

Two on Mutley Plain, Whitleigh, St Budeaux, Wolseley Road are all ones that I use.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Co-op Report   Co-op Report - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 2:17 pm

pepsipete wrote:
Two on Mutley Plain, Whitleigh, St Budeaux, Wolseley Road are all ones that I use.

Ere Pepsi........... do something useful and change the thread title back.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Co-op Report   Co-op Report - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 2:23 pm

And get it right and call it The Kwop Thread
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Co-op Report   Co-op Report - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 2:29 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
One near DHS (Wilton Road?), Beaumont Street, Stoke

My money is on the Beacon Park one!
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Co-op Report   Co-op Report - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 2:38 pm

There's one in Keyham- Admiralty St/ Victory Street
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Co-op Report   Co-op Report - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 3:37 pm

Tringreen wrote:
pepsipete wrote:

Ere Pepsi........... do something useful and change the thread title back.

Dunno How
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Co-op Report   Co-op Report - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 6:51 pm

I'm blessed with no less than four (4) Kwops within walking distance: Marlborough St, Cumberland Gardens, Stoke Villedge and Albert Road.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Co-op Report   Co-op Report - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 7:24 pm

There are over thirty in the Plymouth area
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Co-op Report   Co-op Report - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Co-op Report
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next