Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I love Argyle but.................................

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
gasser9

I love Argyle but................................. Empty
PostSubject: I love Argyle but.................................   I love Argyle but................................. EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 2:37 am

The clowns who are running our game have lost the plot.
I refer to their decision to allow Balotelli's horror tackle to go unpunished but Derry's ban stands.

What games are these referees and assistants watching FFS and what about the officials at the Chelsea v Wigan game.
I could go on but hells bells where is the sanity in all of this.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I love Argyle but.................................   I love Argyle but................................. EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 8:42 am

Yes but Shaun Derry dared to touch a Man Utd players shirt instead of allowing him a free shot on goal. This justifies the decision to send him off, even though he was 2 yards offside.

It can't always be coincidence that teams like QPR, Wigan and Fulham are hard done by in games against United, City and Chelsea. As if it isn't hard enough for QPR playing United without a harsh penalty, an even harsher sending off and all from a clearly offside incident.

That's why I hardly watch Premier League games.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: I love Argyle but.................................   I love Argyle but................................. EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 9:02 am

Even if major decisions didn't seem to regularly favour the big clubs, the real problem is the FIFA and football people generally are set against using available technology.

It has been years just trying to get goal line technology !

The games are now covered from all angles. The speed of play means there will always be human error by the officials. Something as simple as they use in cricket , whereby the captain of each team can call 'time out', say a maximum of twice a match, if he thinks the officials have got a major decision wrong , would have for instance have resulted in Uniteds first goal being disallowed and the player staying on, and Chelsea's off side goals being disallowed.

We are talking players and managers careers being at stake here and all for the want of a video ref taking 30 seconds to review the decision.
Nothing to stop the referee also requesting a second opinion on major decisions.

What are these clowns in the game and who run the game afraid of.......... the truth ? It wouldn't slow the game down much imo and the benefits far outweigh any time delay.

And while I'm at it, to avoid the referees running around looking in a state of panic, grinning like monkeys, why not only allow the catain to address the referee unless he speaks to an individual first. All so simple but obviously not simple enough ffs !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I love Argyle but.................................   I love Argyle but................................. Empty

Back to top Go down

I love Argyle but.................................
Page 1 of 1