+2
seadog
Mock Cuncher
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Can anyone recommend... Empty
PostSubject: Can anyone recommend...   Can anyone recommend... EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 1:03 am

...a cheap site for finding CHEAP long haul flights?

I'm planning to go to Australia to work for a a few months, life experience etc, but I fancy a holiday on the way, so am looking for a one-way flight to South Africa, Singapore, Tokyo, Thailand etc.

I will NOT be posting on here or even think about you snivelling little turds whilst there.

I WILL be pulling loads of burrrds cos that is what I dooooo.

Churrs for all your advice.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone recommend...   Can anyone recommend... EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 6:41 am

I might see you out there........... jocolor
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone recommend...   Can anyone recommend... EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 8:01 am

So the erstwhile Lord of Kingsbridge is to become a beach bum.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone recommend...   Can anyone recommend... EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 9:46 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
...a cheap site for finding CHEAP long haul flights?

I'm planning to go to Australia to work for a a few months, life experience etc, but I fancy a holiday on the way, so am looking for a one-way flight to South Africa, Singapore, Tokyo, Thailand etc.

I will NOT be posting on here or even think about you snivelling little turds whilst there.

I WILL be pulling loads of burrrds cos that is what I dooooo.

Churrs for all your advice.

Why don't you search 'cheap long haul flights' Rolling Eyes

There are plenty of sites like Skyscanner etc.

So you want to go to Australia but you want a one way flight to S Africa, Singapore, Tokyo, Thailand etc >
Make yer mind up. Why don't you get the butler to sort it for ya ! ?

We'll miss yer vacant face.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone recommend...   Can anyone recommend... EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 10:26 am

The internet is fairly wide spread throughout our colonial conurbations.

I am sure, Lord Mock will be on these boards, tanned but unbowed.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone recommend...   Can anyone recommend... EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 11:10 am

A modern trend among the young........... 'I'm goin travlin'........... which oft ends up meaning living in the forests of Thailand, painting flowers all over your body, drinking cheap booze through straws out of buckets and shagging a lot.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone recommend...   Can anyone recommend... EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 11:35 am

I go to South Africa twice a year and have tried numerous routes and airlines, mainly driven by price. Whilst I check the travel search engines they are never any cheaper than going directly to the airlines own sites. The difference is catching the timing right when they have "sales" a couple of times a year.

Heading to Oz and wanting to break the journey you will do no better, or find better service and aircraft, than with Emirates or (my personal airline of choice) Qatar.

If you book early enough it is rare that their "sales" better the early booking price.

Hope that helps.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone recommend...   Can anyone recommend... EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 11:58 am

Tringreen wrote:

So you want to go to Australia but you want a one way flight to S Africa, Singapore, Tokyo, Thailand etc >

Had a crack at it last night. Spend 3 hours on Travelsupermarket/skyscanner/cheapflights.com working out deals. In the end got so frustrated with the process that I'm thinking I'll just go straight out there and foresake the break.

Pretty much Tring. What I've got is that I have a very good mate based in Melbourne who's just started to run his own cricket team. I want to play for them. My current job is garbage but I get paid enough and spend so little to save enough to get out there by Octoberish time I hope. I won't really be pulling loads of burrrds because a) I've got a big nose and b) I'm taking one.

Obvo the internet is there so I'll probo check in from there too. Sorry for the previous vacant threat, I'm such a lg-puller, etc. I will be signing all of my posts "Mock, sunny Melbs" though.

Cheers Charlie, will check out Emirates and Qatar too. Last time I went Oz it was with Air China, I was hoping to break the journey up but I think I'll just head straight there with a return some way in the future which I can change the date of when I know when I'd like to come back (never?).
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone recommend...   Can anyone recommend... EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 12:50 pm

I've been twice*, once with Emirates and once with Cathay, Emirates the best, same this time.

*3 times by sea yerrrrrs ago.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone recommend...   Can anyone recommend... EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 8:09 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Had a crack at it last night. Spend 3 hours on Travelsupermarket/skyscanner/cheapflights.com working out deals. In the end got so frustrated with the process that I'm thinking I'll just go straight out there and foresake the break.

Pretty much Tring. What I've got is that I have a very good mate based in Melbourne who's just started to run his own cricket team. I want to play for them. My current job is garbage but I get paid enough and spend so little to save enough to get out there by Octoberish time I hope. I won't really be pulling loads of burrrds because a) I've got a big nose and b) I'm taking one.
Obvo the internet is there so I'll probo check in from there too. Sorry for the previous vacant threat, I'm such a lg-puller, etc. I will be signing all of my posts "Mock, sunny Melbs" though.

Cheers Charlie, will check out Emirates and Qatar too. Last time I went Oz it was with Air China, I was hoping to break the journey up but I think I'll just head straight there with a return some way in the future which I can change the date of when I know when I'd like to come back (never?).

Is that one the lezza?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone recommend...   Can anyone recommend... EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 8:18 am

Don't go to Oz.............. have a nose job instead............ then save up again and go without the lezza............ simples !
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone recommend...   Can anyone recommend... EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 12:21 pm

Just booked...£1600 from the account - a nice hit to take...maybe? Royal Brunei Airlines. Stop off in Brunei - although not for long I do hope there is no civil unrest at the time, etc. We all know what sand, oil and repression can do to a local population.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone recommend...   Can anyone recommend... EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 1:36 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Just booked...£1600 from the account - a nice hit to take...maybe? Royal Brunei Airlines. Stop off in Brunei - although not for long I do hope there is no civil unrest at the time, etc. We all know what sand, oil and repression can do to a local population.

Hope you're going further than Oz for £1600........... more destinations that is.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone recommend...   Can anyone recommend... EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 4:14 pm

Lord and Lady Mock for 1600?
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone recommend...   Can anyone recommend... EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 7:52 am

Yeah both of us with a flexible return date. Have 3/4 months to save more to spend when I'm out there...

Shocked
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone recommend...   Can anyone recommend... EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 9:46 am

You will enjoy it, might not comr back.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone recommend...   Can anyone recommend... EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 12:01 pm

I've noticed Royal Brunei becoming competitive of late. I'd say £800 each with an open return is a pretty good deal. Did you have to do it over the phone with a broker, or could you sort it all online?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone recommend...   Can anyone recommend... Empty

Back to top Go down

Can anyone recommend...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: Zoo Corner-
Jump to: