Adele

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

Adele Empty
PostSubject: Adele   Adele EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 7:38 pm

Now, I'm an real grumpy old man for whom music ended at the end of the '70's, the new stuff I leave for my dear young wife swanning about in her sports car...but...this girl has umgrumped me. Just watching her Albert Hall concert which has sat on the skybox for months. She is just a delightful person and a truly unique talent. I'm so happy she has achieved what she has, it's fully deserved. Did she ever get to do the Pavilions concert that was cancelled?

I have to quality fhis by reporting I've had a couple of large brandy and cokes prior to going out for an Indian, with strict instructions not to order the staff around as if they were my ships crew from the glorious days of Empire. clown
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Adele Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adele   Adele EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 8:08 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
Now, I'm an real grumpy old man for whom music ended at the end of the '70's, the new stuff I leave for my dear young wife swanning about in her sports car...but...this girl has umgrumped me. Just watching her Albert Hall concert which has sat on the skybox for months. She is just a delightful person and a truly unique talent. I'm so happy she has achieved what she has, it's fully deserved. Did she ever get to do the Pavilions concert that was cancelled?

I have to quality fhis by reporting I've had a couple of large brandy and cokes prior to going out for an Indian, with strict instructions not to order the staff around as if they were my ships crew from the glorious days of Empire. clown

Adele - voice of an angel, arse of an elephant. Laughing
Back to top Go down

Adele Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adele   Adele EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 8:23 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

And that's part of the attraction, I reckon - so good to see a real woman doing well.

Unlike Charlie, I take some pride in keeping up with some aspects of this modern music (translates as: I listen to 6Music nearly all day), and I even buy some occasionally. Where I do agree with him is regarding Adele: I think she's an excellent singer who's up there with the likes of Billie Holiday, Dusty Springfield, Aretha Franklin, Ella Fitzgerald and Bessie Smith - and she also writes some excellent songs.

Feels very strange to be the owner of two chart albums, though.
Back to top Go down

Adele Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adele   Adele EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 8:40 pm

She was chasing pavements round by me the other day. Roads full of bleddy pot-holes now, and I hope she doesn't go rolling in the deep because I'm not jumping in after her.

Meanwhile in the real music world, Sky Arts tonight has The Who performing Tommy and Quadrophenia at 11.30pm, from 2010 with lots of guests. Will be watching if the golf has finished by then, recording it anyway which meant having to cancel some crap the missus was recording at the same time. Something to do with Titanic with Len Goodman? I think he's off Strictly whatsitsname. What he has to do with the Titanic is beyond me. Now if it were Titanic with Adele I could see the link.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Adele Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adele   Adele EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 9:09 am

Peggy wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

And that's part of the attraction, I reckon - so good to see a real woman doing well.Unlike Charlie, I take some pride in keeping up with some aspects of this modern music (translates as: I listen to 6Music nearly all day), and I even buy some occasionally. Where I do agree with him is regarding Adele: I think she's an excellent singer who's up there with the likes of Billie Holiday, Dusty Springfield, Aretha Franklin, Ella Fitzgerald and Bessie Smith - and she also writes some excellent songs.

Feels very strange to be the owner of two chart albums, though.

Yeah you're right, I was only messin... tongue

She's not manufactured at all, and is pure vocal talent. Along with being about as 'normal' as you can get, for a genuine superstar.
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

Adele Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adele   Adele EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 12:48 pm

It's great to see someone with some real musical ability doing so well for a change, long may it continue, you see we don't need all that Britain's got talent bollox, we know we have, we just need to know where to look, plenty more out there equally as talented as Adele, you just won't see them on BGT or Pap Idol... Go check out Naomi Bedford bounce rabbit
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

Adele Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adele   Adele EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 12:53 pm

Now here is some real British Talent... Go and check out Thea Gilmore. Awesome voice, and very different lyrically... This artist should be a mega star, FACT!!
Back to top Go down

Adele Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adele   Adele EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 1:14 pm

As much as I am very much a 70's type I have no shame in promoting this for one of the best weekends you can have!

Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Adele Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adele   Adele EmptyTue May 22, 2012 2:19 pm

best British group currently out there, and have just released their 3rd awesome album are..... drum roll ...... The Imagined Village
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

Adele Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adele   Adele EmptyTue May 22, 2012 2:27 pm

Kasabian,simples
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Adele Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adele   Adele EmptyTue May 22, 2012 2:30 pm

downthetrack wrote:
Kasabian,simples

We've had this before, alright if you just want another indie rock/pop band, looking for their Oasis moment, nothing more, simple Wink Go on check out 'The Imagined Village' real musical talent on show, many great voices, and a real drum, the Dhol Drum, awesome sound Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Adele Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adele   Adele EmptyTue May 22, 2012 3:18 pm

Sandford_Grecian wrote:
best British group currently out there, and have just released their 3rd awesome album are..... drum roll ...... The Imagined Village

I saw them about 5 years ago. I enjoyed Chris Wood. The best bit was the big video screen with Bob Copper - would have loved to have seen the Coppers in the flesh but the recording had to suffice!
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Adele Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adele   Adele EmptyWed May 23, 2012 12:58 pm

knecht wrote:
Sandford_Grecian wrote:

I saw them about 5 years ago. I enjoyed Chris Wood. The best bit was the big video screen with Bob Copper - would have loved to have seen the Coppers in the flesh but the recording had to suffice!

I finally cought them live at Shrewsbury Festival last year, awesome live show... Eliza Carthy, what a fantastic voice she has still, and now have Exeter's Jackie Oates on board too, so glad they ditched Billy Bragg though Wink
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Adele Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adele   Adele EmptyWed May 23, 2012 1:03 pm

Another you should check out, no I really mean it, go check them out, plenty of their work up on you tube... My lords, ladies, presidents, & gentlemen, I give you... 'Afro Celt Sound System' OK so 3 of them are also in 'The Imagined Village' but The Celts are even more awesome... Kasabian? <titter> Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Adele Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adele   Adele Empty

Back to top Go down

Adele
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: Half Time-
Jump to: