Freathy
Tgwu
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Angry

Angry

Southamton v Argyle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southamton v Argyle   Southamton v Argyle - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 29, 2023 7:49 pm

well at least we got a goal so the janners in attendance had something worth cheering.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Southamton v Argyle   Southamton v Argyle - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 29, 2023 8:02 pm

i wasnt expecting a win but i feel tonights game shows the gulf in class between where we want to be and where we are as a championship side.

I already said it in this thread what the new boss needs to address when he is appointed but i cant help but feel if we had a manager on the touchline as lets face dewsnip isnt a manager inanyway shape or form we might have had a better approach to the game and not come to life in injurytime.

the job interviews start tuesday the club have to continue its current run of hiring the right man for the job for the 5th time in a row. The manager we need must have the experience of this league in order to establish us as a championship club over the next couple of seasons so we have a solid foothold in this league to which we can build apon and backed with funds in january.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Southamton v Argyle   Southamton v Argyle - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 29, 2023 8:21 pm

Angry wrote:
WHAT THE feckin HELL WAS THAT DEFENDING FROM GIBSON!!!!!

add sign a defender to the must sign a striker list for the new manager in january.

oh and drop this 433 IT DOES NOT WORK away from home.

im postitive some janners will say iF mUmBa'S gOaL wAsN't RuLe OfFsIdE    we wouldnt be 2-0 nil down and go on to loose this game well even if it did count we would have still lost this game sadly.

I would agree with the janners on this occasion, it was a crap decision and could well have changed the course of the match.I remember a few years back Argyle taking a similar battering at Southampton and burglaring a 1-0 win in a Sky game, so it would have been by no means impossible for the same thing to happen. For sure Southampton are a better side with some very expensive players suited to the system that they play but at least Argyle didn't capitulate as Blackburn and Swansea did under similar circumstances. Two preventable goals really, no closing down for the first and a massive gap between the central defenders for the second but i suppose Hardie's goal was even more preventable. Need to step up again against Watford on Monday, not sure what to expect from them-think they've won four on the bounce away from home so hopefully that run is due to come to an end.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Southamton v Argyle   Southamton v Argyle - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 29, 2023 8:41 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Angry wrote:

add sign a defender to the must sign a striker list for the new manager in january.

im postitive some janners will say iF mUmBa'S gOaL wAsN't RuLe OfFsIdE    we wouldnt be 2-0 nil down and go on to loose this game well even if it did count we would have still lost this game sadly.

I would agree with the janners on this occasion, it was a crap decision and could well have changed the course of the match.I remember a few years back Argyle taking a similar battering at Southampton and burglaring a 1-0 win in a Sky game, so it would have been by no means impossible for the same thing to happen. For sure Southampton are a better side with some very expensive players suited to the system that they play but at least Argyle didn't capitulate as Blackburn and Swansea did under similar circumstances. Two preventable goals really, no closing down for the first and a massive gap between the central defenders for the second but i suppose Hardie's goal was even more preventable. Need to step up again against Watford on Monday, not sure what to expect from them-think they've won four on the bounce away from home so hopefully that run is due to come to an end.

i doubt it would have made any difference as southampton still would have gone on to win that game tehy . That goal if anything would have put our defence under more pressure it was cracking. The defending for the second was abysmal.

Im not confident at all for Watford it will be another tough game but at least we will be at home where we seem to turn up more there. We will need to set the pace and control the game and not play Waine up front and make our chances count come monday.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Southamton v Argyle   Southamton v Argyle - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 29, 2023 8:49 pm

Don't think Azaz will still be at Argo on Monday. Think he's played his last game for Argo.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Southamton v Argyle   Southamton v Argyle - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 29, 2023 8:54 pm

Angry wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Angry wrote:

i doubt it would have made any difference as southampton still would have gone on to win that game tehy . That goal if anything would have put our defence under more pressure it was cracking. The defending for the second was abysmal.

Im not confident at all for Watford it will be another tough game but at least we will be at home where we seem to turn up more there. We will need to set the pace and control the game and not play Waine up front and make our chances count come monday.

It would also have put Southampton under more pressure. Good team though they are, they can't score at will especially against an opposition who would have been massively buoyed by the goal and had something to hold on to.

Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Southamton v Argyle   Southamton v Argyle - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 29, 2023 9:40 pm

Freathy wrote:
Don't think Azaz will still be at Argo on Monday.  Think he's played his last game for Argo.

oh yeah i forgot this starts next month aswell which loanee is going back and definately not coming back after this game talk. Unless the club where stupid enough to keep the recall clause in his loan contract and the other 3 he cant go back in january.
Warrington is going back to Everton thats all but confirmed as he returned for scans on his knee as it looks like he has done that in and will be out for a while.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Southamton v Argyle   Southamton v Argyle - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 29, 2023 9:54 pm

Angry wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Don't think Azaz will still be at Argo on Monday.  Think he's played his last game for Argo.

oh yeah i forgot this starts next month aswell which loanee is going back and definately not coming back after this game talk. Unless the club where stupid enough to keep the recall clause in his loan contract and the other 3 he cant go back in january.
Warrington is going back to Everton thats all but confirmed as he returned for scans on his knee as it looks like he has done that in and will be out for a while.

Therein lies the problem
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Southamton v Argyle   Southamton v Argyle - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 29, 2023 10:40 pm

Azaz has agreed a permanent deal at Argyle.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Southamton v Argyle   Southamton v Argyle - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 29, 2023 11:39 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

is that a rumour or indeed a good source?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Southamton v Argyle   Southamton v Argyle - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 30, 2023 5:15 am

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Southamton v Argyle   Southamton v Argyle - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 30, 2023 9:11 am

Angry wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

It has to be a rumour. Not seen any mention of this anywhere else. If I was to bet on this I'd say he is off back to Villa to be sold.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Southamton v Argyle   Southamton v Argyle - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 30, 2023 9:43 am

Freathy wrote:
Angry wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

It has to be a rumour.  Not seen any mention of this anywhere else.  If I was to bet on this I'd say he is off back to Villa to be sold.

I'd be very surprised if PP stated this without having very sound cause to do so.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Southamton v Argyle   Southamton v Argyle - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 30, 2023 10:07 am

only draw back IF he does become a perm signing is how much of that fee will come out of the january kitty or does having 3 open loan spots going to be enough for the new boss to strengthen where we need reinforcements?

(mods feel free to move this to a transfer rumour thread if you desire)
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Southamton v Argyle   Southamton v Argyle - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 30, 2023 10:15 am

Argyle set up like WHU at Arsenal and it nearly worked.
Unless SH secures a major investor, mid table is the best we can expect in the championship.
We cannot go toe to toe with the best/richest sides til we have the funds/ PL exposure.

Last edited by Tringreen on Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Southamton v Argyle   Southamton v Argyle - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 30, 2023 10:38 am

Tringreen wrote:
Argyle set up.like WHU at Arsenal and it nearly worked.
Unless SH secures a major investor, mid table is the best we can expect in the championship.
We cannot go toe to toe with the best/richest sides til we have the funds/ PL exposure.

True. Argyle are light years behind even some of the "lesser" clubs in the division-Preston, Millwall, Bristol City etc all have facilities which outdo HP in terms of capacity and modernity. Really does strike home after so many years in the wilderness how much the club have lagged behind in that respect although i suppose Luton, Bournemouth and Blackpool have shown in recent years that poor infrastructure is not necessarily a barrier to reaching the top level. Whichever way you look at it though, money will be the key if real progress is to be made and Argyle are to finally fulfil what many of us believe could/should have been their optimum status.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Southamton v Argyle   Southamton v Argyle - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 30, 2023 11:03 am

Greenskin wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Argyle set up.like WHU at Arsenal and it nearly worked.

True. Argyle are light years behind even some of the "lesser" clubs in the division-Preston, Millwall, Bristol City etc all have facilities which outdo HP in terms of capacity and modernity. Really does strike home after so many years in the wilderness how much the club have lagged behind in that respect although i suppose Luton, Bournemouth and Blackpool have shown in recent years that poor infrastructure is not necessarily a barrier to reaching the top level. Whichever way you look at it though, money will be the key if real progress is to be made and Argyle are to finally fulfil what many of us believe could/should have been their optimum status.

Yep.....Bournemouth have the seriously rich investor and Luton will struggle unless they find one.
I hope Argyle will continue with the style of football and get stronger with added investment and a developed stadium to 25k min.
In my youth, Southampton, Norwich and Ipswich were our peers, support wise. Now they have the 30k+ stadia and their support bases stay strong even at lower levels.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Southamton v Argyle   Southamton v Argyle - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 30, 2023 8:18 pm

Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Southamton v Argyle   Southamton v Argyle - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 30, 2023 11:49 pm

Angry wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

As I understand it terms were agreed a while ago, but nothing permanent can happen until January. Whether a change of manager will affect anything remains to be seen, but it is nonsense to say that Azaz won't be here on Monday.

He loves it here and wants to stay.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Southamton v Argyle   Southamton v Argyle - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 1:08 am

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Angry wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

As I understand it terms were agreed a while ago, but nothing permanent can happen until January. Whether a change of manager will affect anything remains to be seen, but it is nonsense to say that Azaz won't be here on Monday.

He loves it here and wants to stay.
I heard something similar a while back that it was season long loan with a view to a permanent move at the end of it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Southamton v Argyle   Southamton v Argyle - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Southamton v Argyle
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2