PostSubject: Dirty Leeds v Us   Dirty Leeds v Us EmptySat Nov 11, 2023 9:10 am

Love to see Argyle upset these cnuts today but don't think it'll happen

3-1

Waine
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Dirty Leeds v Us Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dirty Leeds v Us   Dirty Leeds v Us EmptySat Nov 11, 2023 9:16 am

Bit of a rout I suspect but we live in hope, I'll go for a monumental defensive backs to the wall full frontal assault of rourkes drift proportions performance with scarr and gibson playing the sandbags. 0-0
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

Dirty Leeds v Us Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dirty Leeds v Us   Dirty Leeds v Us EmptySat Nov 11, 2023 10:56 am

Going to this one, which pretty much guarantees a loss.

2v0 to Leeds.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
RegGreen

Dirty Leeds v Us Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dirty Leeds v Us   Dirty Leeds v Us EmptySat Nov 11, 2023 12:27 pm

I’d luv it we beat em!!
Law of averages we keep playing well against the so called ex prem teams & bigger teams in this league likes of Southampton Birmingham etc etc games we should have won as I said law of averages were due a result against one of these sides during the season & a major upset ….absolute miracle us 1-0 …watch
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Dirty Leeds v Us Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dirty Leeds v Us   Dirty Leeds v Us EmptySat Nov 11, 2023 1:39 pm

Flat_Track_Bully wrote:
Going to this one, which pretty much guarantees a loss.

2v0 to Leeds.

Don’t go, don’t go. For the love of Argyle don’t go! Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Dirty Leeds v Us Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dirty Leeds v Us   Dirty Leeds v Us EmptySat Nov 11, 2023 3:36 pm

Embarrassing so far. Totally outplayed, then we literally gift them two goals.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Dirty Leeds v Us Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dirty Leeds v Us   Dirty Leeds v Us EmptySat Nov 11, 2023 4:17 pm

All going as expected so far. Argo being totally outplayed by a vastly superior team.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Dirty Leeds v Us Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dirty Leeds v Us   Dirty Leeds v Us EmptySat Nov 11, 2023 4:32 pm

by god we need to sign a striker in January along with a defender.....

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Dirty Leeds v Us Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dirty Leeds v Us   Dirty Leeds v Us EmptySat Nov 11, 2023 5:06 pm

Getting used to losing now. Without very significant investment in January for Championship standard striker and defender we will be relegated.
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

Dirty Leeds v Us Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dirty Leeds v Us   Dirty Leeds v Us EmptySat Nov 11, 2023 6:39 pm

Just back. If you haven't seen them, there's no need to watch the Leeds goals - you already know what they were like; ball needless given away in or around our own penalty area. Leeds could have had a couple more from similar situations. Was worried about them racking up a cricket score in the first half, they had another goal disallowed for offside which looked tight, and a penalty shout that looed decent. Think there manager might be unhappy they didn't go for the jugular when we were clearly in disarray.
We looked a bit better in the second half without ever really looking like scoring, until Waine's goal came out of the blue. Gave them a couple of nervous moments towars the end but it would have been daylight robbery if we'd got a point.

I think we can stop worrying about Schumacher getting poached by another club. He's proving incapable of learning from his mistakes - every match we play out very deep from the back, and opposition teams just push right forward onto us a pick up the freebies. Cooper is not Manual Neuer, Scarr is not Beckenbaur and Kessler Hayden is not Pablo Maldini. We need a style of play that suits the quality of players that we have available.
Some other clear tactical errors
- Started with Cundle (?!) upfront, which resulted in basically no forward threat. God knows why we thought that was going to work.
- Issaka came on as we searched for an equaliser, but was stuck out on the left wing and didn't get much action.

Leeds fans were openly mocking Cooper. His distribution was terrible. Not sure we are going to get mega bucks for him on that performance.

Frustrating thing was, I'm not sure Leeds were that great. Obviously gifting them two goals meant they did't have to really go for it, but although man-for-man their players are clearly superior, I got the impression that they don't have that miuch of a cutting edge - their strikers missed a few pretty clear cut chances. Definitely think with a better tactical set up we could have got a point.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
Mook

Mook

Dirty Leeds v Us Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dirty Leeds v Us   Dirty Leeds v Us EmptySat Nov 11, 2023 6:47 pm

I expected us to get mullered and we didn't.

4th bottom chaps thats all we need, there are 3 worse teams than us.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

Dirty Leeds v Us Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dirty Leeds v Us   Dirty Leeds v Us EmptySat Nov 11, 2023 7:14 pm

Got to agree with FTB. Schumacher widely quoted on Leeds style of play (high press, force the opposition into making mistakes) then sends out a team to play right into their hands.

I remember England played Spain who also pressed high a few years ago, Southgate had Pickford punt it long at every opportunity and we won the game. We might not have Harry Kane but at least we could have forced Leeds to start their attacks from the back rather than from our penalty box!
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Dirty Leeds v Us Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dirty Leeds v Us   Dirty Leeds v Us EmptySat Nov 11, 2023 10:17 pm

Flat_Track_Bully wrote:
Just back. If you haven't seen them, there's no need to watch the Leeds goals - you already know what they were like; ball needless given away in or around our own penalty area. Leeds could have had a couple more from similar situations. Was worried about them racking up a cricket score in the first half, they had another goal disallowed for offside which looked tight, and a penalty shout that looed decent. Think there manager might be unhappy they didn't go for the jugular when we were clearly in disarray.
We looked a bit better in the second half without ever really looking like scoring, until Waine's goal came out of the blue. Gave them a couple of nervous moments towars the end but it would have been daylight robbery if we'd got a point.

I think we can stop worrying about Schumacher getting poached by another club. He's proving incapable of learning from his mistakes - every match we play out very deep from the back, and opposition teams just push right forward onto us a pick up the freebies. Cooper is not Manual Neuer, Scarr is not Beckenbaur and Kessler Hayden is not Pablo Maldini. We need a style of play that suits the quality of players that we have available.
Some other clear tactical errors
- Started with Cundle (?!) upfront, which resulted in basically no forward threat. God knows why we thought that was going to work.
- Issaka came on as we searched for an equaliser, but was stuck out on the left wing and didn't get much action.

Leeds fans were openly mocking Cooper. His distribution was terrible. Not sure we are going to get mega bucks for him on that performance.

Frustrating thing was, I'm not sure Leeds were that great. Obviously gifting them two goals meant they did't have to really go for it, but although man-for-man their players are clearly superior, I got the impression that they don't have that miuch of a cutting edge - their strikers missed a few pretty clear cut chances. Definitely think with a better tactical set up we could have got a point.

i maintain the stance i had at the beginning of last season he needs someone with experience who can advise him in his backroom staff especially when he seems to not learn from past mistakes tactically especially today. He may have won league one last season but hes not the finish article yet and if he does want to manage a higher profile club he has to be more tactically savvy.

Not sure what he expected from playing cundle up front i know we only have one out and out striker fit but surely whittaker would have been a better fit there on his own with cundle behind him.
Im not worried atm i believe if we get a striker and defender ideally with experience in the championship which we need in the squad we should stay up which is what he main objective was at the start of the season and anything else is a welcome bonus.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Dirty Leeds v Us Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dirty Leeds v Us   Dirty Leeds v Us EmptySun Nov 12, 2023 2:24 pm

Thanks for the report Flat Track.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dirty Leeds v Us Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dirty Leeds v Us   Dirty Leeds v Us Empty

Back to top Go down

Dirty Leeds v Us
Page 1 of 1