HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The club take control of the womens team

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Angry

Angry

The club take control of the womens team Empty
PostSubject: The club take control of the womens team   The club take control of the womens team EmptyThu Nov 09, 2023 10:37 am

Argyle take ownership of Plymouth Argyle Women

the link wrote:
Following a decision by the Plymouth Argyle Football Club Board of Directors on 30 October 2023, we are delighted to announce that the management and ownership of Plymouth Argyle Women Football Club will transfer from Argyle Community Trust (ACT) to PAFC effective from the start of the 2024/25 season.

The decision follows extensive research and consultation with over 70 stakeholders including players, senior staff from both organisations and The Football Association who regulate the women’s game.

The move builds on positive improvements that have been implemented since the club was brought under the control of ACT two years ago and as a community focused club is wholly aligned with Argyle's club values of Excellence, and Respect, Diversity & Inclusion.

The transition will see an increase in the already significant financial contribution that PAFC has supported PAWFC with in recent years and will provide direct access to club staff expertise in areas such as ticketing, finance, communications, commercial activities, and administration.

Most significantly, onfield matters will be overseen by our Director of Football Neil Dewsnip, who is a passionate advocate of the Women’s game and who was closely involved with the Canadian women’s team when they won the Olympic Gold medal in 2021.

This important move is the first step in providing the appropriate environment for our elite women’s team to thrive in and is part of the road map that will see the team established at their planned new permanent home as part of the Brickfield Development.

Dewsnip commented: "This is an important step for the football club as we look to progress both on and off the pitch.

"As Director of Football it is my role to oversee all football activity across the club and it is important that this is not exclusive to the men's team and academy.

"Having been involved in women's football previously I have seen the passion for the game that already exists as it continues to grow throughout the world. The success of the Lionesses has inspired the next generation of player, and it is vitally important that is the case in the South West and we provide opportunities for the stars of the future.

"We have seen the work we have implemented across the men's team and academy start to come to fruition, although there is still a long way to go, and it is vital we now put structures and processes in place for the women's team so it can thrive and be successful moving forward."

Argyle Chief Executive Andrew Parkinson echoed the sentiments of Dewsnip and added: "I want to thank the Community Trust for the work they have done over the last couple of years in managing the women's team.

"Having consulted a number of stakeholders it is a logical next step to take the ownership of the women's team under the main football club. There is an array of personnel and expertise already in place that we can utilise to continue to grow the game in the South West and beyond.

"The women's game in this country is stronger than ever and it is important we put provisions and processes in place to ensure that Argyle Women are growing on the same trajectory.

"The Brickfields development will make this a reality and provide unrivalled facilities in the region. I am excited by this decision and hope everyone can show their support for the women's team moving forward, beginning next Sunday at Home Park."

Cardiff City Ladies are the visitors in the FA Women’s National League Southern Premier Division, on Sunday, 19 November at 2pm. Tickets are priced at just £5 for adults and £1 for Under-18s, are on sale now at the Home Park Ticket office and online here.

We are also offering hospitality packages for the fixture, so you can watch the game in style in Home Park’s Club Argyle.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The club take control of the womens team   The club take control of the womens team EmptyThu Nov 09, 2023 10:59 am

Sad times.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The club take control of the womens team   The club take control of the womens team EmptyThu Nov 09, 2023 2:31 pm

This is fine so long as the funding for their half time orange slices comes out of their gate money.

Beyond that, I’m out.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: The club take control of the womens team   The club take control of the womens team EmptyThu Nov 09, 2023 2:37 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
This is fine so long as the funding for their half time orange slices comes out of their gate money.

Beyond that, I’m out.

Perzactly.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: The club take control of the womens team   The club take control of the womens team EmptyThu Nov 09, 2023 5:11 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

Beyond that, I’m out.

seeing their gate numbers as the team isnt that good atm i doubt they could afford half time oranges... more satsumas if anything.

I dont have an issue with it aslong as it is run as a separate area of the club like all clubs that owned their womens teams are.
I would like to see that team run more seriously, attract higher calibre of players and move up the leagues as a result of this in time. But to be honest i doubt im going to be going to games (there games arent even held in plymouth mostly these days are they?0 or know who is who cause i know like the media and social sites have done with the england lionesses im going to get sick of them being rammed down my throat and them held on a par with the mens team.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The club take control of the womens team   The club take control of the womens team EmptyThu Nov 09, 2023 7:33 pm

Main stream media, the FA and clubs push women's football like there's loads of interest in it. Where in reality there's practically no interest in it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The club take control of the womens team   The club take control of the womens team Empty

Back to top Go down

The club take control of the womens team
Page 1 of 1