HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fellaini

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Grovehill

Fellaini Empty
PostSubject: Fellaini   Fellaini EmptySun Nov 05, 2023 1:57 pm

BBC is reporting that M Fellaini (Ex Everton Man Utd) is a free agent after the end of his contract with a Chinese team.

I'm sure many will disagree, but to me this is just the sort of player we should be looking to sign-added experience and nous in midfield plus a few goals using his height in attacking situations.

May cost a packet but atm I'm not sure we can guarantee finishing out of the bottom three.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Fellaini Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fellaini   Fellaini EmptySun Nov 05, 2023 3:18 pm

We won't be signing anyone until January
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Fellaini Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fellaini   Fellaini EmptySun Nov 05, 2023 3:38 pm

Big hair
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Fellaini Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fellaini   Fellaini EmptySun Nov 05, 2023 5:17 pm

Grovehill wrote:

BBC is reporting that M Fellaini (Ex Everton Man Utd) is a free agent after the end of his contract with a Chinese team.

I'm sure many will disagree, but to me this is just the sort of player we should be looking to sign-added experience and nous in midfield plus a few goals using his height in attacking situations.

May cost a packet but atm I'm not sure we can guarantee finishing out of the bottom three.

how much do you think he will want and how far away will argyle be from that with their top offer?

i do agree a player like him is ideal and needed here but there is no way we would interest him especially when bigger clubs and saudi arabia will want him too.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

Fellaini Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fellaini   Fellaini EmptySun Nov 05, 2023 6:31 pm

TBH he's past his best so Premier and higher placed Championship clubs probably wouldn't be interested.

But I think he could do a job for our inexperienced team, £500,000 until the end of the season might tempt him.

I understand the idea of buying younger players who will develop and increase in value, but we are crying out for one or two older heads who can calm things down at times and help us hold onto a lead, but with the best will in the world that type of player isn't going to come here for the sort of money Argyle are used to spending.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Fellaini Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fellaini   Fellaini EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 5:34 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Big hair

I doubt we could afford his hair, let alone the rest of him.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

Fellaini Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fellaini   Fellaini EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 10:28 pm

Whether it's Fellaini or somebody else, the team is crying out for some experience. We can score goals but until we get someone who is wise in game management we are going to carry on conceding even more. Buying that type of player isn't going to come cheap-getting a "wee nugget" from a lower Division isn't good enough any more. Take a look at other teams in the Championship and the quality and experience they have in their team.

Two million on Mumba and Whitaker needs to be the start, not the finish.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fellaini Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fellaini   Fellaini Empty

Back to top Go down

Fellaini
Page 1 of 1