Greenskin
Mook
sufferedsince 68
12 posters
AuthorMessage
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Callum Burton take a bow. Empty
PostSubject: Callum Burton take a bow.   Callum Burton take a bow. EmptySun Apr 30, 2023 10:49 am

Came into the team under massive pressure and more than played his part in getting us to wembley and getting promotion, cheers Callum. cheers
Back to top Go down
Mook

Mook

PostSubject: Re: Callum Burton take a bow.   Callum Burton take a bow. EmptySun Apr 30, 2023 1:56 pm

Yeah defo he did brilliantly. Few on the farm quick to moan that he didn't save goals that literally no one could've stopped just because he's not Cooper.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Callum Burton take a bow.   Callum Burton take a bow. EmptySun Apr 30, 2023 2:44 pm

Goals conceded per game average not much different to that of Cooper. Did a competent job, maybe distribution not a strong point but can't recall many instances of any possible blame. Well done to him.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Callum Burton take a bow.   Callum Burton take a bow. EmptySun Apr 30, 2023 3:10 pm

Must confess, thought he was a little shaky at first and the defence didn't seem to have a lot of trust in him. But as the games went by with a few clean sheets he seemed to gain more confidence and did well.

He's not a Mike Cooper, but is still a good keeper in his own right.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Callum Burton take a bow.   Callum Burton take a bow. EmptySun Apr 30, 2023 3:43 pm

At the time, I thought Cooper's injury was not just season ending for him but it would also pretty much end Argo's promotion chances.  Should have had far more faith in Callum as he more than rose to the challenge!
Back to top Go down
Mook

Mook

PostSubject: Re: Callum Burton take a bow.   Callum Burton take a bow. EmptySun Apr 30, 2023 5:23 pm

Could be a problem for us in that he may want first team football now?
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Callum Burton take a bow.   Callum Burton take a bow. EmptySun Apr 30, 2023 5:40 pm

yes well done to him.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Callum Burton take a bow.   Callum Burton take a bow. EmptySun Apr 30, 2023 7:58 pm

Another strong component of the team.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Callum Burton take a bow.   Callum Burton take a bow. EmptyMon May 01, 2023 11:09 am

He has stepped up massively and done a great job to get us back to the Championship.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Callum Burton take a bow.   Callum Burton take a bow. EmptyMon May 01, 2023 6:08 pm

Yes he’s done well, just shows we shouldn’t jump to conclusions and should trust the management
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Callum Burton take a bow.   Callum Burton take a bow. EmptyMon May 01, 2023 8:49 pm

I don't rate him, nowhere near the calibre of Cooper, Larrieu or Luke. Just look at him getting chipped a few weeks back, he should have either gone out to the striker or got back, he was in no mans land, and his distribution is fecking awful he must have put 3 kicks into touch under no pressure at all on Saturday.
We are now a CCC club we haven't got time to train a keeper ffs.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Callum Burton take a bow.   Callum Burton take a bow. EmptyMon May 01, 2023 9:20 pm

Don’t wanna slate Burton because he hasn’t done a lot wrong to deserve it….but he doesn’t fill me with confidence.

Argyle have to put sentiment behind them and try and sign a keeper who has the potential to be our first choice in the Championship for the 24/25 season, after Cooper inevitably moves on.
Back to top Go down
Mook

Mook

PostSubject: Re: Callum Burton take a bow.   Callum Burton take a bow. EmptyMon May 01, 2023 10:57 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Well what do we know lol
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Callum Burton take a bow.   Callum Burton take a bow. EmptyTue May 02, 2023 9:33 am

Well I don’t think any poster was saying Burton was Championship standard, merely that he was on a hiding to nothing replacing Cooper and has performed quite well.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Callum Burton take a bow.   Callum Burton take a bow. EmptyTue May 02, 2023 9:37 am

Mook wrote:

Well what do we know lol

Looking at Ears opinion of Burton above sod all.
What a conundrum, sell a player in the last year of his contract with an existing injury for 500k or keep a Keeper not many rate but alledgedly is being tracked and sell for a potential fee of 500k ?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Callum Burton take a bow.   Callum Burton take a bow. EmptyTue May 02, 2023 10:48 am

Graiser wrote:
Mook wrote:

Well what do we know lol

What a conundrum, sell a player in the last year of his contract with an existing injury for 500k or keep a Keeper not many rate but alledgedly is being tracked and sell for a potential fee of 500k ?

Difference between me and you is I watch, formulate an opinion, you just can't think so whatever or whoever the club signs is great. Trust in Stapes/Brent/Hallett.
You can't even see your own contradiction here can you? Ipswich value Pan for £500k WHEN INJURED which you have derided since day one yet Brum value Burton for £500K and it's all good business. Personally I would drive Burton up north myself for that.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Callum Burton take a bow.   Callum Burton take a bow. EmptyTue May 02, 2023 11:35 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Mook wrote:

Well what do we know lol

Difference between me and you is I watch, formulate an opinion, you just can't think so whatever or whoever the club signs is great. Trust in Stapes/Brent/Hallett.
You can't even see your own contradiction here can you? Ipswich value Pan for £500k WHEN INJURED which you have derided since day one yet Brum value Burton for £500K and it's all good business. Personally I would drive Burton up north myself for that.

Ears your writing bollox as normal, do you really think Ipswich bought Camara injured thinking he’d be out of action all season?
Read the Ipswich forum, Luongo was signed in January because Camara was going to be out of action for the remainder of the season.
As for our differences, I do the same as you, form an opinion, I haven’t missed a home game for ages so I know what I see.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Callum Burton take a bow.   Callum Burton take a bow. EmptyTue May 02, 2023 12:24 pm

Mook wrote:

Well what do we know lol

Well what with this and our manager being tracked by spurs it’s going to be a busy close season.

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Callum Burton take a bow.   Callum Burton take a bow. EmptyTue May 02, 2023 3:27 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Mook wrote:

Well what do we know lol

Well what with this and our manager being tracked by spurs it’s going to be a busy close season.

Blimey, that is a job that would be a tremendously big step up for Shuey. Not enough managerial experience yet and he would need to get a good few seasons of decent Championship football on his cv, with a possible trophy in there also.

He is learning his trade here and I would hope he stayed at HP for as long as that takes. We all know he will not be here forever and at the moment - and as it stands - Spurs would be a monumental task.

The same can be said of Everton and any possible link to them - yes, I know he is an Evertonian. He simply does not have the experience yet. In a few years time, yes perhaps he will be a good fit for both.

But hey, what do I know. He could be off next month !
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Callum Burton take a bow.   Callum Burton take a bow. EmptyTue May 02, 2023 3:57 pm

Mook wrote:

Well what do we know lol

have they watched him lol

if they want him for that much i say sell him we will never get a better offer Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Callum Burton take a bow.   Callum Burton take a bow. EmptyTue May 02, 2023 7:21 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Mook wrote:

Well what do we know lol

Blimey, that is a job that would be a tremendously big step up for Shuey. Not enough managerial experience yet and he would need to get a good few seasons of decent Championship football on his cv, with a possible trophy in there also.

He is learning his trade here and I would hope he stayed at HP for as long as that takes. We all know he will not be here forever and at the moment - and as it stands - Spurs would be a monumental task.

The same can be said of Everton and any possible link to them - yes, I know he is an Evertonian. He simply does not have the experience yet. In a few years time, yes perhaps he will be a good fit for both.

But hey, what do I know. He could be off next month !

It was put into the public domain by one of the local Plymouth loons! Suspect

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Callum Burton take a bow.   Callum Burton take a bow. EmptyWed May 03, 2023 1:31 pm

Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Mook wrote:

Well what do we know lol

Ears your writing bollox as normal, do you really think Ipswich bought Camara injured thinking he’d be out of action all season?
Read the  Ipswich forum, Luongo was signed in January because Camara was going to be out of action for the remainder of the season.
As for our differences, I do the same as you, form an opinion, I haven’t missed a home game for ages so I know what I see.

They didn't sign him for just this season though did they? He's on a three year deal so plenty of time to get their value out of him. Lets hope that Wednesday don't join us in the CCC because there is still ample chance for Pan to relegate us and wouldn't you all look like twats then?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Callum Burton take a bow.   Callum Burton take a bow. Empty

Back to top Go down

Callum Burton take a bow.
Page 1 of 1