Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

FIXTURES FROM 30 MAR TO 9 APR - RELEGATION RIVALS AND ARGYLE

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

FIXTURES FROM 30 MAR TO 9 APR - RELEGATION RIVALS AND ARGYLE Empty
PostSubject: FIXTURES FROM 30 MAR TO 9 APR - RELEGATION RIVALS AND ARGYLE   FIXTURES FROM 30 MAR TO 9 APR - RELEGATION RIVALS AND ARGYLE EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 1:47 pm

(Of course may have been done before, in which case I apologise - another senior moment Shocked )
While the wife was watching Dalgleish (Inspector not Kenny!!). Smile
I sat in front of the PC and wasted time on this lot. It looks a lot better when seen in one piece. Argyle always last fixture shown.
ALL WE HAVE TO DO IS WIN Suspect Of course we'll need to get something from the last 4 as well but fingers crossed.
If we do well and other relegation rivals' results go for us then CF will be crowned King and will have a new stand named after him. cheers clown
Freathy can mark them off and "doom" or not as the case may be!! Very Happy
(Edit: My WORD document didn't copy very well).

30 Mar Barnet v Torquay

31 Mar Crewe v Northampton
Gillingham v Macclesfield
Port Vale v Daggers
Rotherham v Hereford
Swindon v Bristol Rovers
Argyle v Bradford

3 Apr Barnet v Swindon

6 Apr Bradford v Southend
Bristol R v Gillingham
Chelten v Barnet
Daggers v Burton
Maccs v Shrewsbury
Northam'n v Oxford
Hereford v Argyle

9 Apr Accs v Hereford
Barnet v Crawley
Burton v Morecambe
Crewe v Bristol Rovers
Gillingham v Daggers
Port Vale v Maccs
Shrews v Bradford
Swindon v Northampton
Argyle v Aldershot
Merv Plummer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FIXTURES FROM 30 MAR TO 9 APR - RELEGATION RIVALS AND ARGYLE   FIXTURES FROM 30 MAR TO 9 APR - RELEGATION RIVALS AND ARGYLE EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 2:20 pm

I've looked at the fixtures and have had a cheeky £20 on Barnet at just over 4/1 to go down. Awful run-in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FIXTURES FROM 30 MAR TO 9 APR - RELEGATION RIVALS AND ARGYLE   FIXTURES FROM 30 MAR TO 9 APR - RELEGATION RIVALS AND ARGYLE EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 7:33 pm

Good luck Nick. Friday 13th Barnet v Hereford may make a difference, hope not for you and Argo!!

Merv P.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FIXTURES FROM 30 MAR TO 9 APR - RELEGATION RIVALS AND ARGYLE   FIXTURES FROM 30 MAR TO 9 APR - RELEGATION RIVALS AND ARGYLE EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 8:00 pm

Nick Wall wrote:
I've looked at the fixtures and have had a cheeky £20 on Barnet at just over 4/1 to go down. Awful run-in.

Was just thinking the same. I thought ours was bad but that's shocking.
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: FIXTURES FROM 30 MAR TO 9 APR - RELEGATION RIVALS AND ARGYLE   FIXTURES FROM 30 MAR TO 9 APR - RELEGATION RIVALS AND ARGYLE EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 10:35 am

Maybe a bit optimistic but I have a feeling that in 3 matches time our position is going to look one helluva lot better. This weekend all our rivals have tough fixtures, almost all away. We have a very winnable home fixture. We then have Hereford away and Aldershot home and those 3 games should bring us 6 or 7 points. Most of our rivals have another couple of harder games. Suddenly we are down to 4 games to go and quite possibly about 4 points in hand on the bottom 2 and probably a point or 2 above a couple of others. The bottom 2 are unlikely to get more than 4 points from their last 4 fixtures so a point from our last 4 should be enough. Easy isn't it? My honest opinion is that if we win on Saturday to take us to 40 points, another 4 points from our last 6 games making 44 will be enough as some of the bottom group are likely to only average a point a game or even less from their remaining 7 fixtures. What we don't want is too many draws. A 3 pointer on Saturday will be a massive boost and make the last 6 games so much easier. If we do beat Bradford I will be surprised if we need anything at all from our final game at home to Cheltenham. I think it will be a celebration of survival and a huge sigh of relief for us all. Well, the happy pills went down well this morning, I only hope I won't be back on the anti depressants come Saturday night.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FIXTURES FROM 30 MAR TO 9 APR - RELEGATION RIVALS AND ARGYLE   FIXTURES FROM 30 MAR TO 9 APR - RELEGATION RIVALS AND ARGYLE EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 12:03 pm

Edit - Can Admin/Modsd amend title of thread a little?

BBC link for complete fixtures to May 5th. Very Happy
Feeling more confident as I read it. cheers Basketball

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Merv Plummer
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: FIXTURES FROM 30 MAR TO 9 APR - RELEGATION RIVALS AND ARGYLE   FIXTURES FROM 30 MAR TO 9 APR - RELEGATION RIVALS AND ARGYLE EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 4:02 pm

Even though most games will now probably be tagged ' must win', the next 3, as Merv alludes, are very important. Except Barnet (who play Swindon at home on Tuesday), all our relegation rivals are away tomorrow. Its the opposite on Good Friday and then swings back to us and Barnet being at home on Easter Monday. I would hope for at least 6 points from those 3 games (but will still predict defeats in the prediction league). I would think that Port Vale and Burton are safe on 46 points, and Northampton have a slim chance of relegation on 41 points (although will the loss of Duke in goal affect them?).
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: FIXTURES FROM 30 MAR TO 9 APR - RELEGATION RIVALS AND ARGYLE   FIXTURES FROM 30 MAR TO 9 APR - RELEGATION RIVALS AND ARGYLE EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 4:13 pm

So how many points do we all think will guarantee safety? I say 44
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FIXTURES FROM 30 MAR TO 9 APR - RELEGATION RIVALS AND ARGYLE   FIXTURES FROM 30 MAR TO 9 APR - RELEGATION RIVALS AND ARGYLE EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 10:13 pm

I reckon 43. Well done Turkey. Bet looking good!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FIXTURES FROM 30 MAR TO 9 APR - RELEGATION RIVALS AND ARGYLE   FIXTURES FROM 30 MAR TO 9 APR - RELEGATION RIVALS AND ARGYLE EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 10:02 am

Yep, Turks did us and Nick a favour last night. Laughing

If we can come out fighting like the Northampton home game and score a bag full then "full steam ahead" as Seadog would say. cheers
If not we're back to Freathy. affraid lol!

Two wins for 43 points, and maybe a couple/3 of sneaky draws on top - 45/46 points finally. Question Should be enough, even the 43. cheers

Merv Plummer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FIXTURES FROM 30 MAR TO 9 APR - RELEGATION RIVALS AND ARGYLE   FIXTURES FROM 30 MAR TO 9 APR - RELEGATION RIVALS AND ARGYLE Empty

Back to top Go down

FIXTURES FROM 30 MAR TO 9 APR - RELEGATION RIVALS AND ARGYLE
Page 1 of 1