Greenskin
Les Miserable
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Cock v Wood - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cock v Wood   Cock v Wood - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 4:19 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Shuey needs to play his best 11 from the start. We aren’t Man City.

It came off against Pompey, when 8 changes were made. But it won’t come off all the time. It was generally a crap performance yesterday, but having your strongest 11 from the start gives you a better chance of nicking one when things aren’t going to plan.

What would be the strongest 11? Darned if i could nail down a team that would start every week.

Depends who’s fit of course, so it would change from week to week, but Mumba starts every game, for me. Earley was man of the match on Tuesday. T Wright hasn’t shown a great deal for me to warrant a start. Particularly ahead of a now fit Miller, who I think is a step up from him. Lonwijk is starting to be a worry. Silky one minute, liability the next.

That said, there were just too many below par yesterday, collectively. But it made the three points against Pompey all the more important when we slip up against Fleetwood the following week.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Cock v Wood   Cock v Wood - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 5:06 pm

Angry wrote:
not a good game at all today. Should have won it but we screwed up in front of goal in ability to pass and dodgy defending at times which if we played a team more gunho they would have punished us. Fleetwood came for the draw and got we couldn't break them down or take our chances. C. Wright i was not impressed with at all and he should have come off. All tricks and skill yet no application to show for it and cant shoot at goal at all i would say hes another Mayor but Mayor actually passes the ball to a teammate sometimes. Hardie squandered another gifted opportunity but again he makes hard work of it. This game need Cosgrove starting and a fresh approach as it was clear fleetwood did their homework and got their rewards for it. Suprised Earley wasnt even on the bench today tbh and why butcher was dropped but i guess schuey had a plan just didnt work today.

we move on

back level on points with wednesday who have their game in hand

Not a good result today, heard Fleetwood came for the draw and got it.

8 pts clear of Ipswich,  just gotta stay clear of that third place and hope Sheffield  do not win that came in hand.

Away from the league, the focus is now on the Pizza Cup Semi-Final against Cheltenham. Win that and it is a day out to London and Wembley, with the chance of winning a trophy. Not going on Tuesday but will go to Wembley for the Final should Argyle make it.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Cock v Wood   Cock v Wood - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 5:55 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
not a good game at all today. Should have won it but we screwed up in front of goal in ability to pass and dodgy defending at times which if we played a team more gunho they would have punished us. Fleetwood came for the draw and got we couldn't break them down or take our chances. C. Wright i was not impressed with at all and he should have come off. All tricks and skill yet no application to show for it and cant shoot at goal at all i would say hes another Mayor but Mayor actually passes the ball to a teammate sometimes. Hardie squandered another gifted opportunity but again he makes hard work of it. This game need Cosgrove starting and a fresh approach as it was clear fleetwood did their homework and got their rewards for it. Suprised Earley wasnt even on the bench today tbh and why butcher was dropped but i guess schuey had a plan just didnt work today.

we move on

8 pts clear of Ipswich,  just gotta stay clear of that third place and hope Sheffield  do not win that came in hand.

Away from the league, the focus is now on the Pizza Cup Semi-Final against Cheltenham. Win that and it is a day out to London and Wembley, with the chance of winning a trophy. Not going on Tuesday but will go to Wembley for the Final should Argyle make it.

oh yeah i forgot about that lol. if we get there then not only is it a cup final at wembley for the green army to go too not sure if i would go atm but lets get there first we would win a game back in hand over wednesday as we wouldnt play the week of the final which could come in handy should results go our way too.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Cock v Wood   Cock v Wood - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 6:29 pm

Fook the pizza cup, concentrate on the league.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Cock v Wood   Cock v Wood - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 7:28 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:

we arent winning that either even if we fook the pizza cup.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Cock v Wood   Cock v Wood - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:23 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

It came off against Pompey, when 8 changes were made. But it won’t come off all the time. It was generally a crap performance yesterday, but having your strongest 11 from the start gives you a better chance of nicking one when things aren’t going to plan.

if games are coming thick and fast i see the point of rotation to keep players fresher for longer but as you say we arent man city we arent playing 2 games every week so we dont need to be doing 4-8 changes a game.

I think that another reality is that the five signings in January are in no way the same calibre of player as Whitikker was, Matete the best of the bunch but I wouldn't be surprised if two or three are binned pretty quickly especially if we get promoted. I know Saxon had a scoring debut but I don't think he has the pace for this league and especially the CCC.
argree he looks to light weight in my opinion definitely matete pick of the bunch as well
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Cock v Wood   Cock v Wood - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:45 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

if games are coming thick and fast i see the point of rotation to keep players fresher for longer but as you say we arent man city we arent playing 2 games every week so we dont need to be doing 4-8 changes a game.

I think that another reality is that the five signings in January are in no way the same calibre of player as Whitikker was, Matete the best of the bunch but I wouldn't be surprised if two or three are binned pretty quickly especially if we get promoted. I know Saxon had a scoring debut but I don't think he has the pace for this league and especially the CCC.
argree he looks to light weight in my opinion definitely matete pick of the bunch as well

well lets not right the kid off at 19 and 1-2 games just yet shall we!!!! he's clearly one for the future much like Waine who isnt all that imho either but maybe soon he will be.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Cock v Wood   Cock v Wood - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:56 pm

Angry wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

well lets not right the kid off at 19 and 1-2 games just yet shall we!!!! he's clearly one for the future much like Waine who isnt all that imho either but maybe soon he will be.

Bit of a mystery as to how anyone can judge Saxon Earley on the strength of zero minutes played at Home park
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Cock v Wood   Cock v Wood - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 10:14 pm

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Last thing we need is any more injuries, tired legs, suspensions or even distractions. Say we won the cup but got knocked out of the playoffs by Ipswich? Would you say the season had been successful? I wouldn't but I could handle semis in the cup and automatic promotion. That should be the priority.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Cock v Wood   Cock v Wood - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2023 12:16 pm

I thought Saxon was one of our better players on Tuesday night at Oxford.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Cock v Wood   Cock v Wood - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2023 1:07 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:

Most people’s MOTM.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Cock v Wood   Cock v Wood - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2023 1:11 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:

Most people’s MOTM.

Well taken goal but didn't get any joy running the wing because he didn't have the pace, nearly created a goal but missed the pass. I think his pace lets him down in the rest of his game. Happy to be proved wrong but just my opinion based on one game.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Cock v Wood   Cock v Wood - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2023 2:57 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Angry wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Bit of a mystery as to how anyone can judge Saxon Earley on the strength of zero minutes played at Home park
not written off but ..don’t think his experienced enough to rely on in the promotion run in/ battle but we’re see
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Cock v Wood   Cock v Wood - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2023 3:12 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Last thing we need is any more injuries, tired legs, suspensions or even distractions. Say we won the cup but got knocked out of the playoffs by Ipswich? Would you say the season had been successful? I wouldn't but I could handle semis in the cup and automatic promotion. That should be the priority.

tbh i wouldn't say it was a great/succesful season at all, a good one yes as this run was never on the cards and we have a trophy to show for it in that scenario and imho this squad would get annihilated in the championship sad to say even if we buy well there isnt top to bottom strength and most of the stars are loanees so another season in league one building up a stronger squad wouldn't be the end of the world if we went up the following season but of course if we screw up promotion now even if we did fook the pizza cup off i wont be happy at all and it would be a disappointing season and questions would have to be asked as to how and why and fans i dont think would like the answers given to some of those questions.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Cock v Wood   Cock v Wood - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2023 4:25 pm

Angry wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:

we move on

oh yeah i forgot about that lol.  if we get there then not only is it a cup final at wembley for the green army to go too not sure if i would go atm but lets get there first we would win a game back in hand over wednesday as we wouldnt play the week of the final which could come in handy should results go our way too.

Yeah, that is Bristol Rovers at home.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Cock v Wood   Cock v Wood - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2023 4:39 pm

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

tbh i wouldn't say it was a great/succesful season at all, a good one yes as this run was never on the cards and we have a trophy to show for it in that scenario and imho this squad would get annihilated in the championship sad to say even if we buy well there isnt top to bottom strength and most of the stars are loanees so another season in league one building up a stronger squad wouldn't be the end of the world if we went up the following season but of course if we screw up promotion now even if we did fook the pizza cup off i wont be happy at all and it would be a disappointing season and questions would have to be asked as to how and why and fans i dont think would like the answers given to some of those questions.

We all thought that with the Luggy team but they held their own very well in the CCC. As for strengthening next year, that could see us resigned to league 1 footy forever. Look st the teams below us with much better budgets, Pompey, Ipswich, Peterborough and possibly even recently bankrupt Derby.
Unlike most fans my view on the pizza cup hasn't changed, It's a farce and I couldn't be less interested.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Cock v Wood   Cock v Wood - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2023 4:42 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Angry wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

All I have to go on is the 90 minutes played at Oxford which I watched on TV, not sure him not playing at HP is relevant to that view?
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Cock v Wood   Cock v Wood - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2023 5:39 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:

we move on

oh yeah i forgot about that lol.  if we get there then not only is it a cup final at wembley for the green army to go too not sure if i would go atm but lets get there first we would win a game back in hand over wednesday as we wouldnt play the week of the final which could come in handy should results go our way too.

Yeah, that is Bristol Rovers at home.
I’ve just noticed sky are showing the pizza semi 2morw …im not going out of principle
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Cock v Wood   Cock v Wood - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2023 10:03 pm

Teams like Fleetwood are going to park the bus, if they had tried to play football with us we would have beaten them for sure, we’re not going to win every game and nor are the teams chasing us, some of the stuff we played on Saturday was pretty good and I think our January strengthening will see us through, our strikers just need to sharpen up a bit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cock v Wood   Cock v Wood - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cock v Wood
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2