Earwegoagain
Greenskin
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

T'Owls v T'top of t'league Empty
PostSubject: T'Owls v T'top of t'league   T'Owls v T'top of t'league EmptyFri Feb 03, 2023 8:55 am

The big one tomorrow, no doubt an afternoon of death by a thousand cuts for those watching or listening. Not the be all and end all of course but a positive result would go a very long way. Think we may get a draw, 2-2 with Wright and Waine on the notch sheet.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: T'Owls v T'top of t'league   T'Owls v T'top of t'league EmptyFri Feb 03, 2023 9:10 am

I think we will nick a win leading to huge spiralling legal costs.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: T'Owls v T'top of t'league   T'Owls v T'top of t'league EmptyFri Feb 03, 2023 9:57 am

Yep, strangely confident, fully fit and well rested squad, Wednesday are actually worried about us. Would happily take a draw.

RRROOOOOAAAAARRR
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: T'Owls v T'top of t'league   T'Owls v T'top of t'league EmptyFri Feb 03, 2023 10:10 am

Nope. I have a shit feeling we're going to get a whupping in front of nearly 4k fans. (80% of whom will never go again if we lose). Wednesday have been building their momentum, while we have been more or less putting in mediocre performances - doing enough to either hang on or nick it.

As discussed in t'other threads, at the end of the season, I think we'll be 'in the mix' rather than where we are right now.

And, as always, I hope I'm hopelessly wrong, and I'm quite happy to be punched in the face as my punishment.

Up the them thar bazzerd Argo. Init mheeet.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: T'Owls v T'top of t'league   T'Owls v T'top of t'league EmptyFri Feb 03, 2023 3:01 pm

Feeling bullish, we will emulate Sturrock's side with a 3-1 win tomorrow.

And finish the season with 100 points
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: T'Owls v T'top of t'league   T'Owls v T'top of t'league EmptyFri Feb 03, 2023 3:41 pm

All week I can’t get out of my mind that we’re going to win.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: T'Owls v T'top of t'league   T'Owls v T'top of t'league EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 7:20 am

As long as we go out and play our own game we’re be fine if anythink if I was them I’d be more worried about us if I were them be it at there own peril they take us to lightly ..must say I do feel quite confident of getting a result of some kind up there today plus with over 3.800 plus of the travelling green army making noise as well should be a good one keep it tight and don’t conceade early doors then we’re be fine
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: T'Owls v T'top of t'league   T'Owls v T'top of t'league EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 11:53 am

I hope the squad aren't as wildly optimistic as we all are. Forget it's Wednesday, just another day at the office, graft, graft, graft, we will be fine.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: T'Owls v T'top of t'league   T'Owls v T'top of t'league EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 1:18 pm

Like it or not Wednesday are easily the best team in this division and will be champions. Most objective observers would agree with that.  Today will obviously be extremely difficult and Argo will need to put in the performance of the decade to avoid a substantial defeat.  Think we will give a good account of ourselves but they will be far too strong.

Owls 2-1 Argo
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: T'Owls v T'top of t'league   T'Owls v T'top of t'league EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 2:08 pm

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: T'Owls v T'top of t'league   T'Owls v T'top of t'league EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 2:41 pm

they need to be focused and brave today
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: T'Owls v T'top of t'league   T'Owls v T'top of t'league EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 3:08 pm

Bollox the dreaded early goal
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: T'Owls v T'top of t'league   T'Owls v T'top of t'league EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 3:13 pm

Inevitable I'm afraid.  They are way too good for us.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: T'Owls v T'top of t'league   T'Owls v T'top of t'league EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 3:16 pm

what happend to Scarr? its almost like i predicted this would happen if hes gone down injured ffs.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: T'Owls v T'top of t'league   T'Owls v T'top of t'league EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 3:19 pm

Scarr probably out for the rest of the season and we're clearly heading for a very heavy defeat today.  Beginning of the end of our time in the top two.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: T'Owls v T'top of t'league   T'Owls v T'top of t'league EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 3:22 pm

FFS!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: T'Owls v T'top of t'league   T'Owls v T'top of t'league EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 3:40 pm

Sheff Wed have pretty much ended our season with Scarr and now Cooper injured.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: T'Owls v T'top of t'league   T'Owls v T'top of t'league EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 4:05 pm

Stout knees, we haven't been overrun. Come on bheys
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: T'Owls v T'top of t'league   T'Owls v T'top of t'league EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 4:21 pm

Bad day at the office today Sad cant see us getting anything out of this game.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: T'Owls v T'top of t'league   T'Owls v T'top of t'league EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 4:49 pm

Argyle having rode this out so far should have too much for SW to handle in the last twenty minutes of this game, SW 1 Argyle 2.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: T'Owls v T'top of t'league   T'Owls v T'top of t'league EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 5:10 pm

bad result nothing good to say about it. looks like Scarr is out for awhile which pisses me off greatly as i knew something like this would happen when we opted not to sign a defender last month as we cant trust our defence to stay fit.  Hopefully Cooper isnt out for long otherwise that is another blow.

If we cant perform in games like this we dont deserve to be considered for league one champions. That has gone now its time to secure 2nd.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: T'Owls v T'top of t'league   T'Owls v T'top of t'league EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 5:14 pm

How is it gone ffs? Wendies still have to play Ipswich and there is a long way to go. Get a grip
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: T'Owls v T'top of t'league   T'Owls v T'top of t'league EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 5:18 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
How is it gone ffs? Wendies still have to play Ipswich and there is a long way to go. Get a grip

title is gone this was the big test we failed. If we cant be up for it in a game like this then how are we going to find the motivation against Derby and other teams inform! Not to mention wednesday still have a game in hand so can be 3 points clear soon, its theirs too loose now and i dont see them loosing anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: T'Owls v T'top of t'league   T'Owls v T'top of t'league EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 5:24 pm

Why no Mayor, Ennis or Randell? Hope Schuey isn't giving priority to his signings just to prove a point. One serious cause for concern is that goals away from home have almost totally dried up-4 in the last 6 games is simply not good enough to sustain the current position and needs to be addressed quickly especially with Derby and others starting to look very menacing. Anyway, disappointing day but not disastrous-onto Pompey for a chance to gain some lost ground with Ipswich and Wednesday playing each other.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: T'Owls v T'top of t'league   T'Owls v T'top of t'league EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 5:25 pm

You're probably right but there are plenty of points still up for grabs, I wouldn't write us off just yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: T'Owls v T'top of t'league   T'Owls v T'top of t'league Empty

Back to top Go down

T'Owls v T'top of t'league
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: