HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Too little too late (Hillsborough).

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Too little too late (Hillsborough). Empty
PostSubject: Too little too late (Hillsborough).   Too little too late (Hillsborough). EmptyTue 31 Jan 2023, 18:48

34 years for the Police to finally put their collective hands up and apologize for the Hillsborough tragedy. It happened in 1989 and during that time the victims and us as the wider football family have been blamed for it all this time. Absolute disgrace and saying sorry now doesn't achieve fook all. Not only that but Its given the police permission to treat all football fans as animals, I vividly remember getting manhandled at Reading away when my eldest bhey was about 10 years old, my bhey was in tears and I had a bruise on my kidneys the size of a football, when the scum from Brizzle totally over reacted to no trouble what so ever, then there was Huddersfield when we got pulled on the motorway and "kettled" in a motorway service station until we had missed half the match. Hillsborough is also the reason we can't have a drink at the match like any other sports fans can.
Justice for the 96 (97 now)? Not really but at least we have the truth and everyone that closed ranks to protect the institutions should hang their heads in shame.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Too little too late (Hillsborough).   Too little too late (Hillsborough). EmptySat 04 Feb 2023, 09:42

Massive story.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Too little too late (Hillsborough).   Too little too late (Hillsborough). EmptySat 04 Feb 2023, 10:00

It is and was Ears, trouble is, most people dislike scousers, Shoe E excepted obvs.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Too little too late (Hillsborough).   Too little too late (Hillsborough). EmptySat 04 Feb 2023, 11:46

Les Miserable wrote:
It is and was Ears, trouble is, most people dislike scousers, Shoe E excepted obvs.

It's the repercussions to the wider football family that affects us all and has done for the last thirty years that will never get dealt with because unfortunately the great British public have this deeply ingrained masochist tendancy. The ban on alcohol has never addressed pissed up people at the football yet you will hear actual football fans that like a drink themselves justifie the laws put in place because the Old Bill fooked up in a massive style. You go out pubbing and clubbing any weekend in any city you will see some knobbers getting punchy when they are pissed yet they don't stop sll of us drinking in pubs and clubs.
What about the "safe standing" debate? The reason that standing became unsafe was because the police let about ten times as many fans through a gate than could safely be in there, yet all clubs have had attendances absolutely massacred due to police bad judgement then decades of blame falling on the wrong shoulders.
We now know the laws have been passed in error so change them back.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Too little too late (Hillsborough).   Too little too late (Hillsborough). EmptyMon 06 Feb 2023, 05:47

Been genuinely scared twice at Argyle games.

The infamous Arsenal Cup game where I was fine high up terrace but could see the crush happening below with kids being passed overhead. That was result of failure of the system with no ticketing and fences.
The other time outside Ashton Gate where crush at turnstiles had me gasping for breath was largely due to bunch of pissed up youths arriving late of which I was one .

The gates being forced on way out of Bournemouth in 86 by youths wanting to "steam" home fans was over too quickly but people at the front were scared

Like most things in life it wasn't black and white
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Too little too late (Hillsborough).   Too little too late (Hillsborough). EmptyMon 06 Feb 2023, 09:07

green_genie wrote:
Been genuinely scared twice at Argyle games.

The infamous Arsenal Cup game where I was fine high up terrace but could see the crush happening below with kids being passed overhead. That was result of failure of the system with no ticketing and fences.
The other time outside Ashton Gate where crush at turnstiles had me gasping for breath was largely due to bunch of pissed up youths arriving late of which I was one .

The gates being forced on way out of Bournemouth in 86 by youths wanting to "steam" home fans was over too quickly but people at the front were scared

Like most things in life it wasn't black and white

Was at all three of those, if the Bristol City game u mention was in the FA Cup?

The Arsenal game was scary. We managed to climb over and were literally pitch side by the corner flag until they decided to open up the sectioned off area under the Clock. Remember all the bananas being thrown at David Rocastle. Then nearly got crushed by police horses at the City game. And you’re right, the gates gave way quickly, thankfully, at the Bournemouth game.

Unforgettable games, those. A totally different age of football.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Too little too late (Hillsborough).   Too little too late (Hillsborough). EmptyMon 06 Feb 2023, 10:05

I was at the Arse and City games and they were scary and all were caused by overcrowding, the City game was quite a good example as in amongst all the mayhem you had police charging around on those fooking great horses, I am not saying us fans are always blameless but the police have usually under reacted then totally over reacted to situations. They really added insult to injury at Cardiff when I got a proper kicking by the dozens of Cardiff hoolies jumping about ten of us, half of which were literally fourteen then when the police charged in I got bitten on the arse by a police dog. Clubs were often to blame just letting in fans when stands wer full up but again not the fault of fans and easily remedies now with the rules on being seated, no seat you don't get in but they could easily do that with a standing stand, stick to the capacity numbers and everyone will be safe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Too little too late (Hillsborough).   Too little too late (Hillsborough). Empty

Back to top Go down

Too little too late (Hillsborough).
Page 1 of 1