Freathy
Graiser
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Angry

Angry

Pilgrims v MI5 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilgrims v MI5   Pilgrims v MI5 - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2023 4:21 pm

should we beat cheltenham again in the semis we will earn another game in hand which all going well could be a lifeline for our title ambitions. Whatever happens with wednesday/cheltenham we must beat wednesday if we are serious about winning the league or failing again and coming second.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Pilgrims v MI5   Pilgrims v MI5 - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2023 4:35 pm

Angry wrote:
should we beat cheltenham again in the semis we will earn another game in hand which all going well could be a lifeline for our title ambitions. Whatever happens with wednesday/cheltenham we must beat wednesday if we are serious about winning the league or failing again and coming second.

The first spot would be nice but I could cope with second it's third place that would be a kick in the guts and almost certainly cost us promotion. Fook the principled attendance cup, could not care less.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Pilgrims v MI5   Pilgrims v MI5 - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2023 4:38 pm

Freathy wrote:
Went yesterday.  Reminded me very much of the Accrington Stanley game with the amount of times we gave the ball away but also like the Stanley game, we were able to score from from nothing and be clinical.  But unlike Accrington Stanley, Cheltenham looked dangerous in attack and I was always expecting them to draw level when it was 2-1 and 3-2.  That was a ground out win.  Need to do MUCH better on 4 Feb.

Just like most games this season and MK sprung to mind but it seems like our modus operandi this season seems to be don't worry about goals against and just score more than them. I would love to see a commanding centre back signed but I don't think we will now.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Pilgrims v MI5   Pilgrims v MI5 - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2023 4:51 pm

im putting it here as its not worth a thread of its own but i really wish the kids in  blocks 3-4 stop singing that ryan lowe he left us song. its not only boring and cringey but hes been gone a year now move on if you really dont give a feck oh and come up with some new chants instead of the same old shit/

rant over

Last edited by Angry on Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Pilgrims v MI5   Pilgrims v MI5 - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2023 5:46 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:

The first spot would be nice but I could cope with second it's third place that would be a kick in the guts and almost certainly cost us promotion. Fook the principled attendance cup, could not care less.

Absolutely. Wouldn't say i couldn't give a shit about finishing second-winning the title would be nice and a bonus [would be a record too i believe] but the real target is second spot and automatic promotion-don't think too many people would have described that as failure at the start of the season.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Pilgrims v MI5   Pilgrims v MI5 - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2023 6:29 pm

This month’s recruitment has been spot on, each match is 11 against 11 and Shoee seems to be getting his selections right and in particular his substitutions, I’m feeling fairly confident about automatic promotion, first or second i don’t really care but obviously first would be nice
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Pilgrims v MI5   Pilgrims v MI5 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2023 8:16 am

Greenskin wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:

Absolutely. Wouldn't say i couldn't give a shit about finishing second-winning the title would be nice and a bonus [would be a record too i believe] but the real target is second spot and automatic promotion-don't think too many people would have described that as failure at the start of the season.

Didn't we go up as champs with Luggy when we beat QPR to go up to the CCC?
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Pilgrims v MI5   Pilgrims v MI5 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2023 11:03 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:

Didn't we go up as champs with Luggy when we beat QPR to go up to the CCC?

no he left to go Southampton before we achieved anything. Bobby Williamson i guess was in charge for that game that saw us go up as champions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pilgrims v MI5   Pilgrims v MI5 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pilgrims v MI5
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2