Freathy
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Freathy

Freathy

World Cup Empty
PostSubject: World Cup   World Cup EmptyMon Nov 14, 2022 9:04 pm

Starts next week - apparently. The major tournament of major tournaments. I'm about as interested in this as I was the women's. Possibly even less. What has happened?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup   World Cup EmptyTue Nov 15, 2022 8:37 am

Freathy wrote:
Starts next week - apparently.  The major tournament of major tournaments.  I'm about as interested in this as I was the women's.  Possibly even less.  What has happened?

How can you not get excited about the Worldwide, non LBGTQ+ family day experience? Just think of all the bribes that will trickle down to all us poor saps from the FIFA officials making us all rich?
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup   World Cup EmptyTue Nov 15, 2022 11:29 am

cant disagree freathy i have very little interest in this world cup. Mainly due to the fact Qatar should never have been awarded the competition especially after the fact when it was proven they bribed FIFA officials to win the vote.

The world cup at this time of year is just plain wrong. Also not looking forward to the endless playing of 3lions as i have grown to loathe that song over the years. OH! and dont get me started on Southgate's questionable selection process that sees the likes of sterling, phillips, maguire and rashford selected over ward-prowse, burn, toney and Tomori who are all inform and earned that right over the other 4 who have been crap lately and for longer than that with the exception of phillips who has been injured and only played half a game since coming back.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup   World Cup EmptyTue Nov 15, 2022 11:38 am

I will support the team as always I've never joined in with the Brit bashing a lot seem to enjoy and wearing an Italy shirt should be followed with charges of treason and off to the Tower with you but I agree with a lot of what Angers says. I lost most of the respect that I had for Southgate when he bottled the Euros for us in the final. I don't give a feck it was the final and year on year improvement right there is why we don't win major trophies because we can't manage games like the French, Italians and Germans do or for that matter the southern hemisphere rugby teams do.
Final is the MINIMUM we should be aiming for.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup   World Cup EmptyTue Nov 15, 2022 6:29 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
I will support the team as always I've never joined in with the Brit bashing a lot seem to enjoy and wearing an Italy shirt should be followed with charges of treason and off to the Tower with you but I agree with a lot of what Angers says.  I lost most of the respect that I had for Southgate when he bottled the Euros for us in the final. I don't give a feck it was the final and year on year improvement right there is why we don't win major trophies because we can't manage games like the French, Italians and Germans do or for that matter the southern hemisphere rugby teams do.
Final is the MINIMUM we should be aiming for.

He is the luckiest england manager ever didnt deserve the job only got it cause hes a corporate yes man and since he got the job he was gifted easy groups and easy runs to the semis and final of the last 2 competitions coming unstuck when we played good teams. His tactics are so piss poor i'd confident in claiming he is the biggest blagger there has ever been.

why he thought leaving it till the 119th minute to bring on attacking players in last years final to take penalties when any sane manager who have brought them on sooner when italy started to lagg. I blame him solely for us losing that final not the players who missed the pens.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup   World Cup EmptyWed Nov 16, 2022 8:24 am

World Cup should not be in Qatar for reasons mentioned.

Having said that I will watch what games I can and the highlights of those I don't.

Alan Shearer reckons it is the QFs for England and then back home. Back to normality then.

Southgate has had his honeymoon period and the realities of being England manager are now starting to bite, the appalling Nations League and following relegation was embarrassing.

A South American team could win it this year due to the conditions being more favourable to them ?.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup   World Cup EmptyWed Nov 16, 2022 8:42 am

The Blatter Qatar corrupt footie fest has been rightly exposed globally as the height of corruption in sport. Personally, like Freathy I feel little excitement about it starting I may watch a few games but the opening and closing ceremonies have no meaning at all.
I expect England to not progress too far under the Maguire in Toni out cautious Southgate.
Some good points in this article.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63607874
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup   World Cup EmptyWed Nov 16, 2022 11:16 am

Angry wrote:
cant disagree freathy i have very little interest in this world cup. Mainly due to the fact Qatar should never have been awarded the competition especially after the fact when it was proven they bribed FIFA officials to win the vote.

The world cup at this time of year is just plain wrong. Also not looking forward to the endless playing of 3lions as i have grown to loathe that song over the years. OH! and dont get me started on Southgate's questionable selection process that sees the likes of sterling, phillips, maguire and rashford selected over ward-prowse, burn, toney and Tomori who are all inform and earned that right over the other 4 who have been crap lately and for longer than that with the exception of phillips who has been injured and only played half a game since coming back.

OH AND one more thing that pretty much has killed my support of sorts of the national team under southgate. Every game is turning into a political/jumping on the latest twitter bandwagon where the players are protesting this and supporting that which is getting more attention than the game itself which are usually awful to watch as southgate isnt a good manager.

Even today i see the team flew to Qatar yesterday in a aircraft with the gay pride colors on its livery to protest Qatar's stance on alphabet people (.l.b.t.g.i.a.s.t.v i forget what it is now) and before that Harry Kane has stated he will defy fifa and where is one love armband in games. How about go and compete in the competition and concentrate on football rather than act like social justice warriors. I am half expecting one of the players to throw orange paint on the crown prince's Resisdance at some point.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup   World Cup EmptyWed Nov 16, 2022 2:43 pm

I think Quatar should be shown up for the twats that they are but the BLM bandwagon got well and truly jumped on by Southgate and the media to distract from bottling the final when we were 1 0 up.nearly all of the recent racist tweets came from eastern europe yet it felt like they were blaming all of us.i have noticed in the last couple of years that there are several young lads of differing ethnicities following Argyle these days and obviously very much more so up country where the demographic is more skewed and from what I see they are accepted as one of us not to mention our black players who become the fans heroes as much as any white players did even going back twenty years or so. Sorry if that doesn't click with the view of Guardian journos but that's how I see it.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup   World Cup EmptyWed Nov 16, 2022 5:37 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
I think Quatar should be shown up for the twats that they are but the BLM bandwagon got well and truly jumped on by Southgate and the media to distract from bottling the final when we were 1 0 up.nearly all of the recent racist tweets came from eastern europe yet it felt like they were blaming all of us.i have noticed in the last couple of years that there are several young lads of differing ethnicities following Argyle these days and obviously very much more so up country where the demographic is more skewed and from what I see they are accepted as one of us not to mention our black players who become the fans heroes as much as any white players did even going back twenty years or so. Sorry if that doesn't click with the view of Guardian journos but that's how I see it.

Its not just the BLM bandwagon which has in recent days come to light how corrupt the organizers of that where with all the funds being embezzled in the states but it there was an advert earlier this year late last with the england team basically calling all men sexist and how we have to be called out over womens football just to plug EE like all men spend their days tweeting womens footballers which isnt the case at all. Its that general assumption that all men are this and all men that is becoming the norm now and its just as racist and sexist a message then saying women should be in the kitchen etc. Its becoming a social justice lecture every game which on top of the crap football on show and questionable selection of certain players i have very little to no interest in the national side. I will like you watch their games however but im just not interested when football becomes a secondary nature at a football game.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup   World Cup EmptyWed Nov 16, 2022 10:01 pm

Put it this way once he fecks it up again there gotta sack him they can’t give him another tournament surely I’ve got no faith in the England team whatsoever
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup   World Cup EmptyWed Nov 16, 2022 10:40 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Put it this way once he fecks it up again there gotta sack him they can’t give him another tournament surely I’ve got no faith in the England team whatsoever

i hope so but the fa love him so we get to keep hold of schuey a little longer as he's save in that job.

Last edited by Angry on Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup   World Cup EmptyThu Nov 17, 2022 7:54 am

I will initially force myself to watch England matches but since the Euros on every occasion I've found myself switching them off due to sheer disinterest.  England will finish 3rd in the group below Wales and the USA.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup   World Cup EmptyThu Nov 17, 2022 8:34 am

Our recent form has been shite, but getting us to the semi-finals of a World Cup and Final of the Euros, consecutively, gives him leverage.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup   World Cup EmptyThu Nov 17, 2022 3:19 pm

Freathy wrote:
I will initially force myself to watch England matches but since the Euros on every occasion I've found myself switching them off due to sheer disinterest.  England will finish 3rd in the group below Wales and the USA.

England will probably make it a squeaky bum time getting through to that knockout stage. Couple of biting yer nails victories over Iran and the USA, followed by a typical British slog it out draw with Wales. God forbid anything less than that, the press will have a field day.

The fun always begins when sides reach the knockouts and England will be no exception to that. Alan Shearer is quoted as saying QFs this time around.

I still believe a South American side will win the 2022 WC, they will be more suited to the playing conditions.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup   World Cup EmptyThu Nov 17, 2022 3:26 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Our recent form has been shite, but getting us to the semi-finals of a World Cup and Final of the Euros, consecutively, gives him leverage.

Too right, Nations League was embarrassing to say the least and getting relegated was even more embarrassing. Other top nations must have been laughing their socks off.

I think Alan Shearer could be correct in his assumption that it will be a QF knockout. But who really knows, only the side can answer that.

I am still peed off after England lost to bloody Italy last summer !!.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup   World Cup EmptyThu Nov 17, 2022 5:44 pm

Angry wrote:

Well it's come out today why Toney wasn't picked, he's more bent than Blatter. lol!
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup   World Cup EmptyThu Nov 17, 2022 5:46 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

That's why we will struggle to win another football cup final because the English think coming second is some kind of a victory, it wouldn't wash in France or the southern hemisphere.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup   World Cup EmptyThu Nov 17, 2022 10:13 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:

Well it's come out today why Toney wasn't picked, he's more bent than Blatter. lol!

i saw lol however that business to oneside southgate would have still picked rashford over him sadly.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup   World Cup EmptyFri Nov 18, 2022 5:33 pm

Now Qatar has imposed a total beer ban in all stadiums two days before the start.  Time to call this years joke tournament off and award to a proper country to be held in the summer next year.  And send the bill to fifa.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup   World Cup EmptyFri Nov 18, 2022 5:38 pm

Freathy wrote:
Now Qatar has imposed a total beer ban in all stadiums two days before the start.  Time to call this years joke tournament off and award to a proper country to be held in the summer next year.  And send the bill to fifa.

It's goin to be hilarious, I saw them trying to close down a Danish TV crew who had all the relevant permits to film, it's a nut job of a country. We should sponsor the ICF and Chelsea head hunters to go. : Very Happy
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup   World Cup EmptySat Nov 19, 2022 11:10 am

FIFA should be hung out to dry for awarding Qatar the tournament, it's been problematic ever since the awarding.

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup   World Cup EmptySat Nov 19, 2022 12:51 pm

Fifa boss saying Europe is hypocritical to criticise the migrant worker situation, he's not wrong either.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup   World Cup EmptySat Nov 19, 2022 1:01 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Fifa boss saying Europe is hypocritical to criticise the migrant worker situation, he's not wrong either.

today i feel pretty i feel witty

that press conference was david brent esq and baffling. He managed to make sepp blatter seem not so bad afterwards.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup   World Cup EmptySat Nov 19, 2022 1:40 pm

The bloke is a cnut and as corrupt as blatter.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup   World Cup Empty

Back to top Go down

World Cup
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next