akagreengull
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Wycombe Wanderers 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wycombe Wanderers 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Wycombe Wanderers 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 02, 2022 9:15 am

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe Wanderers 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Wycombe Wanderers 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 02, 2022 10:25 am

After watching the highlights I'm not sure how we won that? Hey ho three points all that matters.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe Wanderers 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Wycombe Wanderers 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 02, 2022 10:58 am

The pen looked a bit soft, but ha ha it's Wycombe.
Back to top Go down
Savageandstrand

Savageandstrand

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe Wanderers 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Wycombe Wanderers 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 02, 2022 11:05 am

Played them at their own game
Schumy not afraid to use the squad. Mumba must have been bemused to sat the least to not start
Expecting Hardie and Mayor to start Tuesday
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe Wanderers 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Wycombe Wanderers 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 02, 2022 11:50 am

It was interesting yesterday, we didn't play out from the back once, every time Cooper had the ball it went long aimed at Cosgrove, who, to be fair, caused them a few problems. This meant that if Wycombe won the ball they had to start the attack from deep in their own half giving us plenty of time to re-group. This took out Wycombe's high press which caused us problems last year.

Great change of tactics from Schuey, not only has he got a plan A and B, but a plan C as well.

Expect it to be back to normal on Tuesday, Mumba, Edwards, Hardie, Mayor all to start.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe Wanderers 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Wycombe Wanderers 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 02, 2022 1:13 pm

A masterful tactical performance, the Scarrrrrr keeper stare too, lol.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe Wanderers 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Wycombe Wanderers 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 02, 2022 1:56 pm

It was a great match to watch and there were squeaky bum moments at times. Argyle made it more difficult for themselves than it needed to be. The ‘Scarr tactics’ on their keeper was hilarious, every time the keeper moved left, right or went on his tiptoes Dan followed suit. It was like they were dancing. I didn’t understand why he was doing it at first because basically he was off side but as soon as the ref blew his whistle for the free kick to be taken off he went to his position in attack. The ref had a smile about it as well.

I know many people don’t like Ainsworth but he applauded the 1200 away fans after the match.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe Wanderers 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Wycombe Wanderers 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 02, 2022 2:16 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
It was a great match to watch and there were squeaky bum moments at times. Argyle made it more difficult for themselves than it needed to be. The ‘Scarr tactics’ on their keeper was hilarious, every time the keeper moved left, right or went on his tiptoes Dan followed suit. It was like they were dancing. I didn’t understand why he was doing it at first because basically he was off side but as soon as the ref blew his whistle for the free kick to be taken off he went to his position in attack. The ref had a smile about it as well.

I know many people don’t like Ainsworth but he applauded the 1200 away fans after the match.

He has always been very complimentary about our fans and PAFC in general. His football philosophy is painful, but he comes across as a generally decent bloke.
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe Wanderers 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Wycombe Wanderers 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2022 11:18 am

Good to see us dishing out a shithouse for once and getting that monkey off our back, they're a shadow of the team they were last season it has to be said though.

Thought we might have made it safe late on with Butcher blazing at the keeper and Mayor skying one after doing all the hard work, Again!
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe Wanderers 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Wycombe Wanderers 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2022 5:49 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:

He has always been very complimentary about our fans and PAFC in general. His football philosophy is painful, but he comes across as a generally decent bloke.
Him and del boy weren't exactly the best of mates though.lol.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe Wanderers 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Wycombe Wanderers 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2022 12:37 pm

They really didn’t like each other!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wycombe Wanderers 15:00 Plymouth Argyle   Wycombe Wanderers 15:00 Plymouth Argyle - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wycombe Wanderers 15:00 Plymouth Argyle
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2