Tgwu
akagreengull
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle   Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2022 6:24 am

We're in for a hot & cold season - four shore.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle   Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2022 8:12 am

All the problems we had last season we still have. No strength in depth, dubious at the back and too reliant on Pan, who would be gone if he weren't injured. Hallett needs to wake the fook up and pronto.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle   Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2022 9:31 am

Gee, what a hammering.

Need to address issues before the trip to FGR.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle   Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2022 10:05 am

GreenSnake wrote:
I might be over-reacting, but under Schumacher there have been some really shambolic performances (Cambridge, Wycombe and tonight away. MK Dons home are examples)

There have been really good ones as well, if we are going to be this depressingly inconsistent - Can we start asking questions about him?

I must admit I have the same concerns.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle   Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2022 11:58 am

Czarcasm wrote:
GreenSnake wrote:
I might be over-reacting, but under Schumacher there have been some really shambolic performances (Cambridge, Wycombe and tonight away. MK Dons home are examples)

There have been really good ones as well, if we are going to be this depressingly inconsistent - Can we start asking questions about him?

Playing budget (which was available in cash) diverted into infrastructure yet people are turning on Schuey, I don't get it? We got thrashed by a team with a bigger and better squad yet the board decided to throw the dice on a largely unchanged squad. Who were the game changing players he had on the bench? Enniss? Lol.
The blame falls squarely on Halletts shoulders and if you buy into the new five year plan then have patience because we have at least another three years of this to come.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle   Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2022 2:41 pm

Hallett needs to invest in this otherwise it wont be long before those extra season tickets they duped will start getting a bit disgruntled..that is one thing that’s gunna be nailed on mr investment American company guy that’s foresure
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle   Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2022 2:59 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
GreenSnake wrote:

Playing budget (which was available in cash) diverted into infrastructure yet people are turning on Schuey, I don't get it? We got thrashed by a team with a bigger and better squad yet the board decided to throw the dice on a largely unchanged squad. Who were the game changing players he had on the bench? Enniss? Lol.
The blame falls squarely on Halletts shoulders and if you buy into the new five year plan then have patience because we have at least another three years of this to come.

didn't Charlton turn us over at home 6-1 during lockdown?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle   Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2022 3:40 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
GreenSnake wrote:

Year on year improvement it was only 5 1 last night.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle   Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2022 4:23 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
GreenSnake wrote:

Wasn't it 6-0? It must be all so confusing for a football manager when your team is lauded for the manner of their victory over Peterborough only to have their suitability to continue in the job brought in to question the very next game.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle   Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2022 8:29 pm

Wonder why Mayor was out of the action last night? Schuey was pretty abrupt at 3;19

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle   Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2022 9:30 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Wonder why Mayor was out of the action last night? Schuey was pretty abrupt at 3;19

i dont see much in that to be fair, schuey clearly wanted to get the post match interview done and dusted and get home. Mayor im sure will feature on saturday.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle   Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2022 10:22 pm

Angry wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

i dont see much in that to be fair, schuey clearly wanted to get the post match interview done and dusted and get home. Mayor im sure will feature on saturday.

He was certainly more forthcoming in response to other questions.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle   Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2022 7:55 am

Wee knock? Fook me if we did sell Mayor I think many more people would join me on my side of the fence, maybe Pan's injury is so bad he is permanently off the market? Poor Sigh.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle   Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2022 8:15 am

Does seem like Mayor is off. Maybe to PNE or more likely another L1 club.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle   Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2022 10:22 am

It was a slightly odd reaction from Schuey when asked about Mayor in the Charlton hammering post match interview.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle   Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2022 10:27 am

Oh well better luck next time!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle   Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2022 1:24 pm

Freathy wrote:
Does seem like Mayor is off.  Maybe to PNE or more likely another L1 club.

ECFC?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle   Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2022 5:19 pm

If the board sanction selling anybody they are more mental than I thought they were. WTF is this obsession they have for selling players when we seem to be literally awash with money? They would have a very hard job after mouthing off about marquee players and game changers, then replacing what we have lost like for like, including one long term injury and a couple of loans. Selling a top player now would be indefensible apart from the usual two or three that will remind us that they didn't want to be here, plenty more fish in the sea.....I really hope there is no substance to this rumour.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle   Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2022 6:18 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Does seem like Mayor is off.  Maybe to PNE or more likely another L1 club.

ECFC?

Never say never
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle   Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2022 6:34 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
If the board sanction selling anybody they are more mental than I thought they were. WTF is this obsession they have for selling players when we seem to be literally awash with money?  They would have a very hard job after mouthing off about marquee players and game changers, then replacing what we have lost like for like, including one long term injury and a couple of loans. Selling a top player now would be indefensible apart from the usual two or three that will remind us that they didn't want to be here, plenty more fish in the sea.....I really hope there is no substance to this rumour.

Property not players
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle   Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2022 7:59 pm

akagreengull wrote:
It was a slightly odd reaction from Schuey when asked about Mayor in the Charlton hammering post match interview.

he gave a more detailed answer to the local rag

in short he didnt play for tactical reasons with forest green game in mind and schuey didnt see the point playing him when the result was a foregone conclusion so kept him on the bench again with saturdays game in mind. With those reasons i see the logic behind him not playing.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle   Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2022 9:51 pm

Hope Schuey isn't getting too influenced by the rotation policy crap, which certainly cost the England cricket team a series or two in recent times. Danny Mayor is 31 not 39 and shouldn't need any sort of game time management, particularly only 3 matches into the season. Don't really understand the dead game theory either-3-1 with 20 minutes to go is definitely not an irretrievable situation, ten men or not-unlikely admittedly but not impossible. Not one of the managers finest hours imho but let's hope that Mayor is back in the team and back to his best tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle   Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2022 11:42 am

We'll certainly have to have a count at the end of the transfer window, as to how many players we have left.

Mayor's move to Preston must break the world record for the length of time it takes to arrange a transfer, he was going the day after Lowe left.

How Hallett has afforded to replace the seats, buy a new TV and re-surface a car park without selling Camara, I will never know.

Cooper was being touted around apparently, so some other property could be funded (we know not what), he's still here at the time of writing this post anyway. I did hear that he sneezed in training, so he's probably off to the Championship imminently. We did allegedly, receive a multi million bid for Cooper, but that was turned down.

There has been one departure though, Alfie Lewis has left the sinking ship for a fee. Who sanctioned that? No idea how to run a football club obviously.

We're doomed.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle   Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2022 1:03 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
We'll certainly have to have a count at the end of the transfer window, as to how many players we have left.

Mayor's move to Preston must break the world record for the length of time it takes to arrange a transfer, he was going the day after Lowe left.

How Hallett has afforded to replace the seats, buy a new TV and re-surface a car park without selling Camara, I will never know.

Cooper was being touted around apparently, so some other property could be funded (we know not what), he's still here at the time of writing this post anyway. I did hear that he sneezed in training, so he's probably off to the Championship imminently. We did allegedly, receive a multi million bid for Cooper, but that was turned down.

There has been one departure though, Alfie Lewis has left the sinking ship for a fee. Who sanctioned that? No idea how to run a football club obviously.

We're doomed.

I know that is largely tongue in cheek but you can dress it up all you like, we could have significantly added some quality to the squad this summer over and above the obviously talented Azaz, despite having a significant chunk of money in the coffers already and receiving an extra £4m from the new investors we have decided to spend it all on infrastructure. Excuse me for being pissed off, at least some of it could have been spent on the team which lest we forget just got tonked 5 1 at Charlton and presently sits well below fan owned Exeter City in the league FFS!
Cooper has been touted around all of last season and the club publicly put Pan up for sale and the only reason he is still here is because he got injured at the end of last season. No wonder it all had Skinny jumping to conclusions about Mayor is it?
We will be the best run club in league 2 or even the Vanarama or whatever the feck they call it nowadays if we aren't careful. I'm all for balancing the books but I am in utter disbelief that so called football fans can applaud money that we actually have being diverted from the team?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle   Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Charlton Athletic 19:45 Plymouth Argyle
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3