Energy Bills.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

Energy Bills. Empty
PostSubject: Energy Bills.   Energy Bills. EmptyTue Aug 09, 2022 12:16 pm

New forecasts for January by CornwallInsights consultancy, predict that typical household energy bills will hit £4266 Shocked

How the feck is this even affordable to pensioners, people on benefits, struggling families, young families and even families with fast shrinking disposable income. This is insane.

Good job the government is looking into it. Oh, hang on! Has anyone seen or heard from the PM or the Chancellor in the last few weeks? Someone? Anyone?

I keep hearing of 'what's coming' the 'Tsunami of poverty' 'The mother of all winters re bills' 'death by the thousands'! 'breakdown in civil obedience as food riots break out'!

Just popping on my tin foil hat on for a moment, just for a few seconds, the narrative being whipped up reminds of the Y2K bug, when, in the end, Mavis and Harolds alarm clock was the only thing that stopped working on Jan 1st, not the end of the world as was predicted, again, by experts!
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Energy Bills. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Energy Bills.   Energy Bills. EmptyTue Aug 09, 2022 5:38 pm

It's fooking insane, we have paid off our mortgage now and all the money we used to pay on that is now going on diesel and gas FFS! I realize we are lucky but I am seriously thinking of taking some work on to pay for holidays, I've been looking forward to my retirement but I swear the government can't bear to see me idle.
As usual the gov (like you say cheesy where da fook are they?) Are completely out of touch with Truss saying she will help people out by cutting tax! As ever they can't bear to help people that actually need the help like pensioners and people on universal credit. Sunak realizes he is losing the race so has said he will bribe everyone with a couple of hundred quid after saying he wouldn't do that.
People need to wake up and kick up and demand real change not just this flim flam show.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

Energy Bills. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Energy Bills.   Energy Bills. EmptyTue Aug 09, 2022 6:01 pm

I fear things will come to a head with the breakdown of society in the form of civil disobedience. People I know are shitting bricks about what they've been told is coming. They will simply not be able to afford what's predicted. Something will have to give. Something will snap.

I also count my lucky stars in that me and the missus are in well paid jobs, but even our disposable income is starting to take a hit with fuel, food and already increasing energy bills.

I just don't get how a country go from the envy of the world, to a chaotic, desperate, crime ridden, deprived, overcrowded, impossibly expensive 3rd world shithole in such a short time?

Not to state the bleeding obvious but something's not right. There's some global fuckwittery going on.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Energy Bills. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Energy Bills.   Energy Bills. EmptyTue Aug 09, 2022 7:42 pm

Glad my mortgage is long paid off. I would struggle to pay energy bills and pay a mortgage. Energy companies are going to be dealing with a helluva lot of payment defaults this winter. Civil unrest must be on the cards but the Old Bill won't be taking the knee to ordinary working people demonstrating against the government and cost of living they will be going in hard with full riot gear and head cracking batons. Don't worry though once Bozo and his temporary chancellor are history either fishy dishy Rishy or pound shop Mrs T will sort it No No
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Energy Bills. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Energy Bills.   Energy Bills. EmptyThu Aug 11, 2022 5:27 am

Yet another tory rip off, massive profits from a totally false energy "Market".

How much money do these cnuts need?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Energy Bills. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Energy Bills.   Energy Bills. EmptyThu Aug 11, 2022 8:12 am

There was a story on the front of one of the papers saying about how Britain has stumbled into this crisis in the last twenty years, tbh it all started with Thatcher and was added to by Blair and Brown, with utilities given the green light to treat us all as cash cows and milk us until we are dry. Unfortunately now we are all dry they still aren't happy and keep sucking away.
Nothing will change whilst the gullible public keep on with this Tory bad/Labour good mantra, they have all let it happen and Starmer would be even worse.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Energy Bills. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Energy Bills.   Energy Bills. EmptyMon Aug 15, 2022 8:43 am

Good grief Starmer has broken his sponsored silence and said he will cut energy bills MASSIVELY! I bet he wouldn't but maybe it will put pressure on Truss to do a nice Tory U-turn? She is still blathering on about how everyone will be able to pay massive utility bills in her rejuvenated economy, I wonder if she is going to buy us all shiny seats and some new pitches?
They should have all watched the rich house/poor house last night, I don't normally watch these sorts of programs but it was very moving, the girl in question had two kids one with special needs and she was caught in the benefits trap, she literally couldn't afford to work but then even with the HUGE benefits she was receiving they only had £64.05 to spend for the week! What the fook does that say about the wages/vs the cost of living? We have millions of people in this country who cant afford to eat properly let alone pay for ridiculous fuel bills.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Energy Bills. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Energy Bills.   Energy Bills. EmptyMon Aug 15, 2022 1:19 pm

Calls from some to nationalize the energy companies although I'm not sure what would happen if we tried that with EDF? Let's be honest one of our problems is that we have been obsessed with buying everything including power from abroad.
Obviously all down to Brexit lol.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Energy Bills. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Energy Bills.   Energy Bills. EmptyMon Aug 15, 2022 2:03 pm

Calls from some to nationalize the energy companies although I'm not sure what would happen if we tried that with EDF? Let's be honest one of our problems is that we have been obsessed with buying everything including power from abroad.
Obviously all down to Brexit lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Energy Bills. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Energy Bills.   Energy Bills. Empty

Back to top Go down

Energy Bills.
Page 1 of 1