Dog Bone Malone
Mook
Clodagh Rubbish
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Clodagh Rubbish

Investment incoming Empty
PostSubject: Investment incoming   Investment incoming EmptyTue Aug 02, 2022 4:45 pm

Michael Mincberg on the board waving £4 million sheets. Usual guff about community values follows but surely good news

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Mook

Mook

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming EmptyTue Aug 02, 2022 4:47 pm

Ooh well that'll do. Championship bound hopefully
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming EmptyTue Aug 02, 2022 4:55 pm

Mook wrote:
Ooh well that'll do. Championship bound hopefully

Would imagine the academy and training base will be high on the list of priorties but hopefully Schuey will see a few quid. Nice to see the money flow into the club rather than help buy Paul Stapleton a house.

I expect Stiffy is up in arms on the Farm though
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming EmptyTue Aug 02, 2022 4:55 pm

What a fantastic name. Anyway, maybe we'll see a corner added to the ground? Grandstand extension (fooking kills my OCD does that short end of the Moanflower), or maybe actually buying players instead of loanees?

Meh, I'm off to the Royal Oak. Pfft.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming EmptyTue Aug 02, 2022 5:15 pm

It's good that the club is in a position to attract additional investment, aided, no doubt, by Simon Hallett's contacts in the US. £4m isn't a huge amount but will go a long way in improving the ground, the academy etc, and may well be the first of other, larger sums.

Cue the usual short sighted suspects complaining about about seats, tarmac and big screens. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming EmptyTue Aug 02, 2022 5:16 pm

Could this be the firm that’s been backing sigh from the off 🤔 interesting
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming EmptyTue Aug 02, 2022 5:29 pm

4 mill sounds low for a 20% stake, but I trust that Si has the best interests of the club at heart so would've done due diligence and this mob don't register on the shysterometer. That kind of money doesn't go far in modern football though but used wisely could give us the nudge we need to nip into the playoffs this season.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming EmptyTue Aug 02, 2022 5:57 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
It's good that the club is in a position to attract additional investment, aided, no doubt, by Simon Hallett's contacts in the US. £4m isn't a huge amount but will go a long way in improving the ground, the academy etc, and may well be the first of other, larger sums.

Cue the usual short sighted suspects complaining about about seats, tarmac and big screens. Rolling Eyes

What you mean me? You see I would call myself a lifelong supporter of over fifty years who would like to see one, just one chairman actually have the bollocks "to go for it" instead of mugging the fans off with promises of game changing players then buying seats, tvs and car parks.
Anyway I was calling for Si to bring in some extra investment whilst you lot we all licking his arse and saying how wonderful he is whilst ignoring his claims of a five year plan. As others have said four mill isn't a lot of money and my guess would be more ground improvements but I live in hope that one day we can properly compete in not only this league but the one above.
Players not property used to be the mantra, doesn't seem so popular nowadays. raised eyebrow
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming EmptyTue Aug 02, 2022 6:04 pm

I would like a big screen. geek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming EmptyTue Aug 02, 2022 6:05 pm

Reads as if the 4mill will be used for investment in the infrastructure, they’re non exec directors so will have no role in the day to day operations of PAFC.
Very welcome investment which I’m not surprised at with SH’s contacts
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming EmptyTue Aug 02, 2022 6:12 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Could this be the firm that’s been backing sigh from the off 🤔 interesting

That's also my my initial reaction.

As is usual with SH, the statement leaves a lot to the imagination.

Of the oft mentioned £4 million there's no clarification of how much of that will be pumped into the Club and how much is "compensation" for SH diluting his shareholding. Could be a million to SH, £3 million into the Club. Or £3 million for Si (which would value the Club at £15 million) and the rest for the football Club. Given that the summer spending spree to build on last season was Sweet FA on transfer fees, it certainly doesn't look like much of the "new" money will be spent on building a better team. If the money doesn't go on the team or the infrastructure, it's going in someone's pocket.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming EmptyTue Aug 02, 2022 6:25 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

What you mean me? You see I would call myself a lifelong supporter of over fifty years who would like to see one, just one chairman actually have the bollocks "to go for it" instead of mugging the fans off with promises of game changing players then buying seats, tvs and car parks.
Anyway I was calling for Si to bring in some extra investment whilst you lot we all licking his arse and saying how wonderful he is whilst ignoring his claims of a five year plan. As others have said four mill isn't a lot of money and my guess would be more ground improvements but I live in hope that one day we can properly compete in not only this league but the one above.
Players not property used to be the mantra, doesn't seem so popular nowadays. raised eyebrow

I would have thought the lesson would have been learnt when we “ went for it” with the WC bid and the fall out from that, seems not.
From what I saw on Saturday with SS new system I think we have got some game changing players and probably always did, looks to be a midfield that Camara (when if decides to) will find it difficult to break into.
In regards to your project, the TV, new seats and car park won’t benefit me not that I care about that, but it’s been stated the TV screen will become commercially profitable, the seats are for our comfort not that I noticed, there has to be a balance and foundations laid and I think it’s about right but time will tell.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming EmptyTue Aug 02, 2022 6:42 pm

I'm going to wait and see what impact this new guy will have with the £4m from the group hes representing as the last yank who "invested" in us for a stake of the ownership didnt actually put any money in hence admin.

Im sure this florida guy isnt another Synan but i will still wait and see what the impact will be before i start getting ott with the championship bound posts.

Last edited by Angry on Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming EmptyTue Aug 02, 2022 6:51 pm

4 million sheets rodney ? bobbys garden ain't gonna cost that much to deal with is it ?

I hope they've paid up front. unlike the japs, has that cheque arrived yet ?

Last edited by Jethro on Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming EmptyTue Aug 02, 2022 6:51 pm

Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming EmptyTue Aug 02, 2022 7:14 pm

Limited Liabilty, so if things go tit's up, they won't carry the can.

A Property Developer (Group) who wants their money to be spent on "infrastructure opportunities" and seem to have little or no interest in being involved in the running of the football side of things.

This tie up will help Argyle "build their overseas fanbase."

All that's missing really is Peter Ridsdale taking another walking holiday in the Westcountry.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming EmptyTue Aug 02, 2022 7:23 pm

Grovehill wrote:

A Property Developer (Group) who wants their money to be spent on "infrastructure opportunities" and seem to have little or no interest in being involved in the running of the football side of things.

All that's missing really is Peter Ridsdale taking another walking holiday in the Westcountry.

i can not see Plymouth Argyle growing a fanbase in the states as a result of this investment. I dont see some kid in LA putting down the PSG shirt with Messi on the back and picking up a Argyle shirt with Mayor on the back in store to buy because a couple of nhl players joined a group t purchase a stake in a league one club.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming EmptyTue Aug 02, 2022 7:27 pm

It's been made abundantly clear that this will not be put into the playing side and is all about generating new income streams so maybe perhaps one day sometime in the future if everything works out those income streams may be able to drum up a few extra quid so we only need to sign three loanees instead of four.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming EmptyTue Aug 02, 2022 7:44 pm

Angry wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

i can not see Plymouth Argyle growing a fanbase in the states as a result of this investment. I dont see some kid in LA putting down the PSG shirt with Messi on the back and picking up a Argyle shirt with Mayor on the back in store to buy because a couple of nhl players joined a group t purchase a stake in a league one club.

You have properly flipped lol!

You really think that is what this is about.
You really think that's a scenario that would happen.

Have you taken your meds today?
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming EmptyTue Aug 02, 2022 7:57 pm

Jethro wrote:
Angry wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

wht
any mod want to put an end to this constant diatribe please  thanks
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming EmptyTue Aug 02, 2022 9:13 pm

Here we go again.

Investors put money into the Club, hint at building the fanbase but more interested in building their property portfolio.

The gullible dream of big money signings, new training grounds etc. etc.

Anyone who tries to burst the balloon of expectancy with the pin of reality is derided or abused.

FFS, they're even using the same script and buzzwords as Kagami and Co.

NOWHERE IN THE CLUB STATEMENT OR THE INTERVIEW IS THERE ANY MENTION OF IMPROVING THE FOOTBALL TEAM
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming EmptyTue Aug 02, 2022 9:25 pm

Angry wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Angry wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

wht

So you can read then, you're not that round the twist then.

Still won't answer simple questions will you eh
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming EmptyTue Aug 02, 2022 10:26 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Here we go again.

Investors put money into the Club, hint at building the fanbase but more interested in building their property portfolio.

The gullible dream of big money signings, new training grounds etc. etc.

Anyone who tries to burst the balloon of expectancy with the pin of reality is derided or abused.

FFS, they're even using the same script and buzzwords as Kagami and Co.

NOWHERE IN THE CLUB STATEMENT OR THE INTERVIEW IS THERE ANY MENTION OF IMPROVING THE FOOTBALL TEAM

As freathy says after all the investment is used to improve facilities and the income grows from them over time maybe we will be able to afford to sign an extra perm player over another loan in future.

Its a wait and see time with this new lot as to what their money will do to improve the club overall but i am glad in a way they didnt mention transfer budget increases after the bollox from the club to get fans to embrace the ticket price hikes at least this way we wont be disappointed when it is proven to be false.

Last edited by Angry on Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming EmptyTue Aug 02, 2022 10:27 pm

Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

I would have thought the lesson would have been learnt when we “ went for it” with the WC bid and the fall out from that, seems not.
From what I saw on Saturday with SS new system I think we have got some game changing players and probably always did, looks to be a midfield that Camara (when if decides to) will find it difficult to break into.
In regards to your project, the TV, new seats and car park won’t benefit me not that I care about that, but it’s been stated the TV screen will become commercially profitable, the seats are for our comfort not that I noticed, there has to be a balance and foundations laid and I think it’s about right but time will tell.

As usual you start with the old Si isn't Stapes/Kagami/Brent argument. The old one you used to trot out was that we didn't have the money to spend on the team yet between the money SI "already had" for my (project wtf that is) but here we have had potentially five or six million quid being spent on infrastructure or trousered by SI. Now we find out the new guy is property people. Lol. I don't want the ground to look like a shit tip but if we haven't got money to spend on the team out of five or six million when can we buy the type of players our rivals have? We are meant to be a football club ffs.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming EmptyTue Aug 02, 2022 10:44 pm

Jethro wrote:
Angry wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Angry wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

wht

So you can read then, you're not that round the twist then.

Still won't answer simple questions will you eh Rob

Right jethro you have been told not to use real names and also about abusing other posters. Stop now or you will have to take the consequences.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Investment incoming   Investment incoming Empty

Back to top Go down

Investment incoming
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next