Earwegoagain
Les Miserable
Angry
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Angry

Angry

Season Tickets go on sale Tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Season Tickets go on sale Tomorrow   Season Tickets go on sale Tomorrow EmptyThu Apr 21, 2022 6:07 pm

Add this to the latest line of increases in life today. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Every year when they do increase the price they always claim the manager can have a bigger budget and it always turns out to be utter bullshit so it would be refreshing if the club just came out and be honest that they need the money to pay for all the maintenance to the stadium taking place over the off season.

The Link

From The Link wrote:
Season tickets for the Pilgrims’ 22/23 EFL campaign will be available online only from 10am on Friday 22 April.

With attendances at their highest levels since 2007 – when Argyle were fighting it out in the Championship – and a quarter of all home league fixtures sold out in 21/22, there has never been a better time to secure your seat early and reap the benefits of Early Bird discount.

Adult season tickets in the Devonport End, Lyndhurst Road Stand or Upper Mayflower Grandstand will cost £425 if purchased during the Early Bird window – with a guaranteed price for all Early Bird purchasers, even if Steven Schumacher’s side secure a return to the second tier for the first time since 2010. The Early Bird window will run for a month, closing on Friday, 20 May.

Meanwhile, prices have been frozen for the youngest members of the Green Army for the fifth successive season, ensuring that the next generation of Argyle fan can continue to build their connection with their club as cheaply as possible. By applying this pricing model, Argyle becomes the number one destination for families and young people, and helps us achieve our goal of building a strong fanbase for generations to come.

In addition, a more cost-effective season ticket option remains in place in the lower Mayflower Grandstand, with an adult paying less than £13.50 per match.

The adult price represents a £30 increase on the Early Bird prices offered in 21/22 (£22 in the Lower Mayflower Grandstand), which equates to a little over £1.30 per game.

The club’s mission is to become a sustainable Championship club. As a result of a tremendous collective effort from everyone associated with Argyle – including the Board of Directors, staff, players, and supporters – the club is well-placed to achieve those goals – all while offering a best-ever match-day experience for fans in the stadium, and the guarantee that club staff will continue to be receptive to feedback and make improvements on a rolling basis.

However, we are not there yet. The club is not yet self-sustaining, and we are not yet in the Championship. As such, a marginal increase in season ticket pricing will not only help further improve the stadium facilities and match day experience at Home Park, but also, crucially, enhance the budget for our football department – allowing our talented coaching staff to continue to recruit and retain the quality of player and character that we are all proud to support.

Argyle Chief Executive Officer Andrew Parkinson said: “Whatever happens between now and the end of the season – the 21/22 Sky Bet League One season has been incredible, and we thank you for your brilliant support of Argyle.

“Whichever division the 22/23 campaign is played in, we will continue to work tirelessly to build on the strong foundations now in place – with a focus on bringing through the best local talent from our Academy, playing with dedication and a clear philosophy.

“Our exceptional coaching staff, using a data-led recruitment model and first-class day-to-day coaching and preparation, have proven that they are capable of getting the very best out of the resources available, as evidenced by this season’s performance. However, the gap in playing budgets between some of the highest spending clubs in our division and ourselves is still significant.

“By purchasing a season ticket at a fractionally higher price than in previous seasons, you enable us to arm Neil Dewsnip, Steven Schumacher and the rest of the first-team staff with a budget that is more competitive, giving us an even better chance of building on the successes of this season, without risking Argyle’s long-term health.

“Argyle is more than just results on the pitch, though. The club serves a huge geographical catchment in Devon and Cornwall, as well as a large number of supporters scattered across the country. Everything we do is motivated by making our supporters proud and representing our community.

“The club is in a fantastic place – thanks in no small part to the superb contribution and commitment of our supporters – but there is much work to be done, and we must maintain our progress together if we want to achieve our goal of financial sustainability in the
Championship.

“We are all motivated by building the very best version of Argyle possible, and united in achieving that ambition.”

Season tickets will be available to purchase through argyletickets.com from Friday, 22 April at 10am, and in person at the Home Park Ticket Office, or by calling 01752 907700 from Monday, 25 April at 10am.

From Monday, 25 April, the Home Park Ticket Office will be open between 9am-3pm Monday to Friday, and 10am-2pm on Saturdays, to process renewals and new purchases.

Four- and 10-month finance options are available for 22/23 season tickets, with Argyle partnering with V12 Retail Finance to deliver an integrated finance solution for our supporters.

Going online is the most efficient method to renew or purchase a new season ticket, though we understand that this is not possible in some cases. As such, we encourage supporters to purchase online wherever possible, ensuring that our Ticket Office staff can support those who need assistance most.

For a full list of prices for 22/23 season tickets, or full terms and conditions, click here.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Season Tickets go on sale Tomorrow   Season Tickets go on sale Tomorrow EmptyThu Apr 21, 2022 6:42 pm

Very reasonable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season Tickets go on sale Tomorrow   Season Tickets go on sale Tomorrow EmptyThu Apr 21, 2022 8:34 pm

At least with this price increase we can all choose whether we pay or not, but I think it’s a reasonable increase and I’ll be renewing mine.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Season Tickets go on sale Tomorrow   Season Tickets go on sale Tomorrow EmptyThu Apr 21, 2022 8:49 pm

Thing is I wonder how many people will struggle to buy a ticket anyway without an increase? Council tax, fuel for cars and heating, food bills, utilities they are all going up and football isn't a necessity. I'm lucky that I'm nearer the end of my working life and I don't struggle to afford a few luxuries but if I was starting out with two young bheys it would probably be a different story.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Season Tickets go on sale Tomorrow   Season Tickets go on sale Tomorrow EmptyThu Apr 21, 2022 9:25 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Thing is I wonder how many people will struggle to buy a ticket anyway without an increase? Council tax, fuel for cars and heating, food bills, utilities they are all going up and football isn't a necessity. I'm lucky that I'm nearer the end of my working life and I don't struggle to afford a few luxuries but if I was starting out with two young bheys it would probably be a different story.

exactly and the BS from the club about the increase increasing the transfer budget when we all know every signing done in the summer will be either a loan or free transfer i just wish they be honest about needing the cash for other things if they have to increase the price. i might change my seat and go mayflower lower next season and invest in a good coat and seat away from the pillars too
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season Tickets go on sale Tomorrow   Season Tickets go on sale Tomorrow EmptyThu Apr 21, 2022 9:39 pm

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

exactly and the BS from the club about the increase increasing the transfer budget when we all know every signing done in the summer will be either a loan or free transfer i just wish they be honest about needing the cash for other things if they have to increase the price. i might change my seat and go mayflower lower next season and invest in a good coat and seat away from the pillars too

Understand your thinking Angry, but all the sodding increases we’ve got to deal with the club have to deal with the most of the same increases as well, however I do think this board and owner are a far different animal than the previous incumbents so I’m inclined to believe what they’re saying.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Season Tickets go on sale Tomorrow   Season Tickets go on sale Tomorrow EmptyThu Apr 21, 2022 9:55 pm

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Understand your thinking Angry, but all the sodding increases we’ve got to deal with the club have to deal with the most of the same increases as well, however  I do think this board and owner are a far different animal than the previous incumbents so I’m inclined to believe what they’re saying.

We shall see on the last bit of your post overtime of course but i don't see this board spending money on transfers especially the kind of players we should be looking for in order to ensure promotion next season.

What is clear from what scheuy is experiencing right now with the threadbare squad he has that no matter what the budget is we need a proper squad next season with true depth and strength with cover and competition for all spots in the team and more importantly a squad that can cope with injuries, suspensions and poor form and not be stretched to breaking point by one or two absences.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Season Tickets go on sale Tomorrow   Season Tickets go on sale Tomorrow EmptyThu Apr 21, 2022 10:18 pm

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Understand your thinking Angry, but all the sodding increases we’ve got to deal with the club have to deal with the most of the same increases as well, however  I do think this board and owner are a far different animal than the previous incumbents so I’m inclined to believe what they’re saying.

The club has had a massive increase in revenue from last season because of full houses due to the success on the pitch and fair play that's what a business does however we have over achieved with a squad of freebies and loanees and are undoubtedly one of the low cost squads in the playoff zone. Like the old line that we will hear in a week or two about pitch invasions mean a cut in playing squad budget take this line with a pinch of salt, to really compete in this league you need a minted chairman splashing the cash and Hallett is spent out all he is prepared to and as yet he shows no sign of wanting to share the train set. I will believe big money signings when I see them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season Tickets go on sale Tomorrow   Season Tickets go on sale Tomorrow EmptyThu Apr 21, 2022 10:28 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

The club has had a massive increase in revenue from last season because of full houses due to the success on the pitch and fair play that's what a business does however we have over achieved with a squad of freebies and loanees and are undoubtedly one of the low cost squads in the playoff zone. Like the old line that we will hear in a week or two about pitch invasions mean a cut in playing squad budget take this line with a pinch of salt, to really compete in this league you need a minted chairman splashing the cash and Hallett is spent out all he is prepared to and as yet he shows no sign of wanting to share the train set. I will believe big money signings when I see them.

There’s been no mention of big money signings, I suspect any additional budget would enable larger salaries to attract the better players but we’ll see, there’s a bit of me wondering perhaps promotion next season would be a bit early, we’ll just have to wait and see.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Season Tickets go on sale Tomorrow   Season Tickets go on sale Tomorrow EmptyFri Apr 22, 2022 8:57 am

Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

There’s been no mention of big money signings, I suspect any additional budget would enable larger salaries to attract the better players but we’ll see, there’s a bit of me wondering perhaps promotion next season would be a bit early, we’ll just have to wait and see.

According to Si and his "five year plan" then shorely promotion is planned by next season? I expect the money to be snaffled by infrastructure not players but I'd love it if I were wrong.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Season Tickets go on sale Tomorrow   Season Tickets go on sale Tomorrow EmptyFri Apr 22, 2022 12:49 pm

Bit of a lottery atm, a season ticket could get you a seat to watch Sutton Utd or Everton
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season Tickets go on sale Tomorrow   Season Tickets go on sale Tomorrow EmptyFri Apr 22, 2022 1:12 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Bit of a lottery atm, a season ticket could get you a seat to watch Sutton Utd or Everton

Or derby, Barnsley or Peterborough
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season Tickets go on sale Tomorrow   Season Tickets go on sale Tomorrow EmptyFri Apr 22, 2022 1:19 pm

Got mine this morning, looking forward to next season whatever league we’re in.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Season Tickets go on sale Tomorrow   Season Tickets go on sale Tomorrow EmptyFri Apr 22, 2022 4:45 pm

Grovehill wrote:

And for less money i could buy a season ticket at Bayern munich or Borussia Dortmund and watch Bundesliga cheaper than it would be to watch league one next season at argyle.... crazy economy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season Tickets go on sale Tomorrow   Season Tickets go on sale Tomorrow EmptyFri Apr 22, 2022 5:01 pm

Angry wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

And for less money i could buy a season ticket at Bayern munich or Borussia Dortmund and watch Bundesliga cheaper than it would be to watch league one next season at argyle.... crazy economy

But unless you live in Germany it’s not relevant.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season Tickets go on sale Tomorrow   Season Tickets go on sale Tomorrow EmptyFri Apr 22, 2022 5:05 pm

Angry wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

Could be worse you could pay more and watch Crawley in L2!
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Season Tickets go on sale Tomorrow   Season Tickets go on sale Tomorrow EmptyFri Apr 22, 2022 8:43 pm

I'm not sure,
I mean on the one hand guaranteed to get in , Will have to have a think its a big commitment money wise and traveling

Conflicted what to do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season Tickets go on sale Tomorrow   Season Tickets go on sale Tomorrow EmptyFri Apr 22, 2022 8:52 pm

Jethro wrote:
I'm not sure,
I mean on the one hand guaranteed to get in , Will have to have a think its a big commitment money wise and traveling

Conflicted what to do.

Well you’ve also got the travelling on top so plenty to think about, me a 20 minute walk and I’m there
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Season Tickets go on sale Tomorrow   Season Tickets go on sale Tomorrow EmptyFri Apr 22, 2022 9:09 pm

Jethro wrote:
I'm not sure,

Conflicted what to do.

could always go into the mayflower lower where its cheaper if thats an option. shit one i know but economical and you wont miss the games...just get a good coat for after october.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Season Tickets go on sale Tomorrow   Season Tickets go on sale Tomorrow EmptyFri Apr 22, 2022 9:20 pm

If you’re going to go to a large majority of games, it’s a no-brainer to get one.

If you’re not...then it ain’t.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Season Tickets go on sale Tomorrow   Season Tickets go on sale Tomorrow EmptyFri Apr 22, 2022 11:59 pm

Spent a lot of games in the Mayflower when it was standing and in under the grandstand is really sheltered and used to be quite a lot of barging to get the good bits back in the day. Most of our rain comes in from the back of the grandstand so now you have your own choice of seat I would get in sooner rather than later and grab some shelter.if it gets too bad you can always smash your seat up and set fire to it to save yourself from exposure.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Season Tickets go on sale Tomorrow   Season Tickets go on sale Tomorrow EmptySat Apr 23, 2022 1:26 pm

Graiser wrote:
Jethro wrote:
I'm not sure,

Conflicted what to do.

Well you’ve also got the travelling on top so plenty to think about, me a 20 minute walk and I’m there

thats the off putting thing for me is the traveling.
About 4 hours maybe up to 5.

got a few weeks to think about it at the early bird price
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Season Tickets go on sale Tomorrow   Season Tickets go on sale Tomorrow EmptyMon Apr 25, 2022 1:00 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Spent a lot of games in the Mayflower when it was standing and in under the grandstand is really sheltered and used to be quite a lot of barging to get the good bits back in the day. Most of our rain comes in from the back of the grandstand so now you have your own choice of seat I would get in sooner rather than later and grab some shelter.if it gets too bad you can always smash your seat up and set fire to it to save yourself from exposure.

I've renewed there and my seat is as far back as possible before you get to the posh seats. Barring a complete freak like Bolton, I've been relatively dry all season, the only issue is that it does get bleddy cold with the sun completely avoiding the gaff

Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Season Tickets go on sale Tomorrow   Season Tickets go on sale Tomorrow EmptyMon Apr 25, 2022 9:36 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
If you’re going to go to a large majority of games, it’s a no-brainer to get one.

If you’re not...then it ain’t.

Just did it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season Tickets go on sale Tomorrow   Season Tickets go on sale Tomorrow Empty

Back to top Go down

Season Tickets go on sale Tomorrow
Page 1 of 1