Greenskin
Les Miserable
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Angry

Angry

Argyle v Sunderland  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Sunderland    Argyle v Sunderland  - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2022 6:56 pm

i'm going to say this here who the feck takes a bird to the football especially a game like this ne and spend most of the time trying to cop a feel and not even watch the game, there were plenty of "here for the sunderland" argyle fans in attendance today who didnt give a shit about the game but this middle age couple near me where the worst of the bunch lol.

Anyways
poor game imo too watch. Ennis and Grant where awful today Hardie clearly wasnt fit today. Scarr and Camara baled us out multiple times after feck ups a plenty. I'm thinking we need a better partner for Scarr than Wilson next season as he's too slow and almost cost us twice. Camara i hope didnt have a serious knock we are fecked if hes out aswell. I am little supprised that a practising muslim like Camara was taking fluids on during Ramadan when its haram to do so not that its an issue for me at all just a little surprising he would do that but anyways i hope hes not injuried.

Sunderland's 9 is some player i have to say he must be a loanee from a premiership side as he's too good to be a perm player, (not checked at the point of writing this)

i would say a point is more than a fair result neither side deserved more both looked like neither side knew what they where doing communication wise.

i'd take the point but we got to beat wigan or franchise scum now especially if wednesday or sunderland win their games in hand. Playoffs are in our hands but we cant afford to lose to either side now.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Sunderland    Argyle v Sunderland  - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2022 11:36 am

Camara is having his Hamstring assessed today possibly scanned too if the club can get arranged for today to see the damaged caused from him pulling it yesterday. The club are hopefully he will be ok for Wigan but i would be very surprised if he is as hamstring pulls no matter how minor are not a quick fix to get over.
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Sunderland    Argyle v Sunderland  - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2022 2:10 pm

Agree with most here. Scarr decent, Cooper decent when he had to be. Camara very good deserved MOTM despite not completing game.

Negatives Ennis worse than useles. Forgot Mayor was on the pitch back to his usual beating 2 players with resulting shot hitting corner flag.

First half good in parts especially with Hardie running channels, Sunderland changed shape at half time, something that seems beyond us and controlled second half without looking like scoring.

Overall both sides happy with the point it seemed.

Wycombe failing to beat Wimbledon potentially massive as that puts things back in our hands with Wigan and MK's fate hopefully settled by the time we get to play them!
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Sunderland    Argyle v Sunderland  - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2022 2:11 pm

This is where missing Cooper, Lewis (Does he even exist) has hurt us.

one of Houghton Mayor Camara injured.

Randell or Broom step up,

There's no one to take their place on the bench, Apart from an academy kid.

It's been the same story with Galloway, its been the same when Ennis was out Shirley was on the bench
same with Hardie Issaka was on the bench.

Our squad is paper thin.

Which is why we seem to have hit the wall.

I hope that over the summer this is addressed and thats just the player side of things that needs addressing.

We need a rethink of how we press other teams, we need to get into their face and press them like the rugby club did to us.

A long with the slow passing of the ball at the back only for Wilson to pump it forward to nobody.

Even if we addressed all of those issues , you then have to ask.

What work do we do on set plays,
Corners, we either never beat the first man, it go right to the keeper , or it beat the first man and processes to beat the 5th and go out for a throw in to the other team.

If we don't manage to splutter our way through the playoffs to the promised land.

All of this is going to be made harder Cause I can't see Cooper. Camara staying if we don't go up.

If it wasn't for Hardies Comical first touch you could add him to that list.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Sunderland    Argyle v Sunderland  - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2022 3:45 pm

Angry wrote:
Camara is having his Hamstring assessed today possibly scanned too if the club can get arranged for today to see the damaged caused from him pulling it yesterday. The club are hopefully he will be ok for Wigan but i would be very surprised if he is as hamstring pulls no matter how minor are not a quick fix to get over.

That is a bastard foreshore. When he went down I thought it was just due to the frightful studs on the foot/ankle tackle he recieved (one of about 15 right in front of the ref).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Sunderland    Argyle v Sunderland  - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2022 4:18 pm

Angry wrote:

If it’s a hamstring he’s buggered and so are we.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Sunderland    Argyle v Sunderland  - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2022 4:21 pm

Angry wrote:
3 weeks minimum I believe pulled hamstrings depends how bad ..but if it is the worse then that’s it for the season plus there’s a good chance that’s the last time we see him wearing a green shirt ..I hope not
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Sunderland    Argyle v Sunderland  - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2022 4:43 pm

Jethro wrote:

It's been the same story with Galloway, its been the same when Ennis was out Shirley was on the bench

Our squad is paper thin.

I hope that over the summer this is addressed and thats just the player side of things that needs addressing.

We need a rethink of how we press other teams, we need to get into their face and press them like the rugby club did to us.

A long with the slow passing of the ball at the back only for Wilson to pump it forward to nobody.

Corners, we either never beat the first man, it go right to the keeper , or it beat the first man and processes to beat the 5th and go out for a throw in to the other team.

If we don't manage to splutter our way through the playoffs to the promised land.

All of this is going to be made harder Cause I can't see Cooper. Camara staying if we don't go up.

Forget Cooper he won't play for the club again regardless.

I also expect thats the last you'll see of Camara in a Green shirt as well. But yeah not an awful lot behind the 19-20 regulars

We've hugely improved on defending set pieces but agree virtually all of our attacking set pieces are rubbish. In this day and age though I think the average is well under 5% of goals as a result of comers, so I don't think we're missing much of a trick overall.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Sunderland    Argyle v Sunderland  - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2022 4:52 pm

Whichever league we are in. there's gonna have to be a rethink of players and how we have them play.
Along with tough choices about a few players , they may have served us well 19/20 but we need to kick on.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Sunderland    Argyle v Sunderland  - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2022 5:00 pm

Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Jethro wrote:

Our squad is paper thin.

I also expect thats the last you'll see of Camara in a Green shirt as well. But yeah not an awful lot behind the 19-20 regulars

We've hugely improved on defending set pieces but agree virtually all of our attacking set pieces are rubbish. In this day and age though I think the average is well under 5% of goals as a result of comers, so I don't think we're missing much of a trick overall.

Thing is with all the corners he hit them straight into the keepers arms and the keeper didn't have to move, it's not rocket science, if it doesn't work the first time it won't work on the second, third or fourth.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Sunderland    Argyle v Sunderland  - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2022 9:50 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Jethro wrote:

Our squad is paper thin.

Thing is with all the corners he hit them straight into the keepers arms and the keeper didn't have to move, it's not rocket science, if it doesn't work the first time it won't work on the second, third or fourth.

first never beat the first man, second beat everyone next few went into keepers arms.

Does make you question if they work on set plays
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Sunderland    Argyle v Sunderland  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 24, 2022 12:59 pm

Angry wrote:

maybe this needs a thread on its own but never the less as i wrote it here

There has been an update.

Scan shows its more serious than they first thought seeking a second opinion but come what may the fact its more serious is all but confirms he wont be available for Franchise on saturday. Big blow but the odds are stacked against us regardless.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Sunderland    Argyle v Sunderland  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 24, 2022 3:15 pm

Angry wrote:
Angry wrote:

maybe this needs a thread on its own but never the less as i wrote it here

There has been an update.

Scan shows its more serious than they first thought seeking a second opinion but come what may the fact its more serious is all but confirms he wont be available for Franchise on saturday. Big blow but the odds are stacked against us regardless.

That is shitty luck and proves winning stuff is not down to quality all the time but actual luck and timing. There couldn't be a worse time to lose arguably your two best players, I think we would have finished off Wigan with Pan and Edwards playing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Sunderland    Argyle v Sunderland  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle v Sunderland
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2