+2
Jethro
Angry
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Angry

Angry

G.Cooper out for season Empty
PostSubject: G.Cooper out for season   G.Cooper out for season EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 11:21 am

Not an uncommon procedure to have after the injury he had to have a clean up op so hopefully for him he wont suffer more set backs when hes back in training. All the best George. Been reading some dickheads on social media crying over the fact hes injured again and we should cancel his contract much like what jethro was stating over galloway but im sure deep down he would rather be playing than rehabbing.

I hope the rehab is better than it has been next season for injuried players that we get some games for them to play in ie reserves so they can build up their match fitness with no pressure and be assessed before throwing them into first team with no game time it never works and always results in that player playing catch up or getting injured again.

Plymouth Argyle wing-back George Cooper set to miss rest of season

Herald wrote:
Plymouth Argyle wing-back George Cooper was in London today for a knee clean up operation and is set to miss the rest of the season.

It follows the surgery he had on the same knee in January 2021, which has seen him spend much of the last 12 months out of action.

Pilgrims' boss Steven Schumacher revealed that Cooper had been feeling discomfort from the knee recently.

Read more: Argyle fans start snapping up Chelsea FA Cup tickets

Schumacher added that he was 'gutted' for the 25-year-old, who last played for Argyle in the 2-1 FA Cup second round win away to Rochdale on December 5.

Cooper joins defender Brendan Galloway on the long-term casualty list, with the latter ruled out for the rest of the season by a serious knee injury.

Schumacher said: "George hasn't been involved the last couple of weeks and has been feeling a bit of discomfort from the same knee he had the operation on.

"I'm gutted for George because I know he has worked hard to try and get back to full fitness, but he's going to need another operation on his knee and he will more than likely be out for the rest of the season.

"He will have to go away now and do his rehab properly and try and get himself back fit for pre-season again."

Cooper has made only three appearances for Argyle since his knee operation last January, making his comeback as a substitute in the 4-1 Carabao Cup second round defeat away to Swansea City in August.

He then did not play again until he came off the bench when the Pilgrims lost 2-0 away to Charlton Athletic in League One in November, before starting against Rochdale.

Schumacher added: "I don't think it's as major of an operation as the first one. Sometimes this happens where you have bone fragments or whatever.

"I remember doing something similar myself when I was at Crewe. I had an ankle operation and then had to go back under the knife because I had a bone spur.

"I don't know whether George's is the same. I don't know the whole details, I just know the medical team were devastated for him.

"He's in London today, he will get a clean up they call it, but because it's open surgery it will be another three months or so before he's back, so that's pretty much it. Hopefully it all goes well."

Cooper signed a contract until the summer of 2023 when he joined Argyle on a permanent transfer from Peterborough United in September 2020 after a successful loan spell the previous season.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: G.Cooper out for season   G.Cooper out for season EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 12:38 pm

There's a sight difference being Cooper is under contract till end of next year I believe.

Galloway was out of contract till earlier this week.

But this again shows up , the issue with us not fielding or taking part in a reserve league.
Or even if that's an issue playing the likes of Parkway when they don't have a game on etc.

Something needs to be done.

Cause throwing players who aren't fully fit into games.

Isn't fair on the player, Cooper got grief last game he played and it's obvious he was rushed back too quickly

I do fear this lack of game time will also hamper the introduction of Lewis into the side.

I hope we can get Cooper fit and find him a place in the team.

Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: G.Cooper out for season   G.Cooper out for season EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 1:06 pm

Perhaps if he had a couple of weekends off being off his tits in Revs I'd have some sympathy.

As for reserve football, we've been down the route of playing local league and it was a complete waste of time.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: G.Cooper out for season   G.Cooper out for season EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 1:23 pm

At this stage, local league would be better then nothing, short term of course.

it can't be easy having all this time off football if he wants to blow off some steam let him.

If he was fit and getting wankered every weekend and that's what was keeping him out the team.
It would be different.

He's had his op and hopefully a long with Galloway, Our medical team can get them both firing on both cylinders.

They both can add a lot to the team.

I maybe slightly bias cause i've enjoyed watching Cooper play for us.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: G.Cooper out for season   G.Cooper out for season EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 2:03 pm

Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Perhaps if he had a couple of weekends off being off his tits in Revs I'd have some sympathy.

As for reserve football, we've been down the route of playing local league and it was a complete waste of time.

A combination of dodgy pitches and "wannabees" trying to kick the shit out of professional players would probably mean playing local leagues isn't a good idea.

But other league Clubs don't want to send their Reserves 3 or 4 hours down the motorway when they can get all the games they want nearer to home.
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: G.Cooper out for season   G.Cooper out for season EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 2:27 pm

Its not really the behaviour of someone serious about getting themselves back on track.

We played local reserve football a few years back, One the one hand sticking 9 goals past Camelford was of practical limited use fon the other hand the SWP league is a competitive league and not a tool to help Argyle players gain match fitness.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: G.Cooper out for season   G.Cooper out for season EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 3:43 pm

I realise its not perfect, hopefully the club are looking at something that will be of use to the team as a whole.

It might not look it from the outside, But we don't know how he feels, mean it must feel, pretty shit to get close to being able to do, what you've wanted to your whole life, what few people actually achieve to become a professional footballer, for another setback to put you back another few month.

Hopefully, the club is supporting him any way he needs.

Get well soon Coops.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: G.Cooper out for season   G.Cooper out for season EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:24 pm

Gutting for him and us and in the prime of his career as well, hope he makes a full recovery
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: G.Cooper out for season   G.Cooper out for season EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:34 pm

Jethro wrote:
There's a sight difference being Cooper is under contract till end of next year I believe.

Galloway was out of contract till earlier this week.

But this again shows up , the issue with us not fielding or taking part in a reserve league.
Or even if that's an issue playing the likes of Parkway when they don't have a game on etc.

Something needs to be done.

Cause throwing players who aren't fully fit into games.

Isn't fair on the player, Cooper got grief last game he played and it's obvious he was rushed back too quickly

I do fear this lack of game time will also hamper the introduction of Lewis into the side.

I hope we can get Cooper fit and find him a place in the team.

truro should be the lowest level we look to when loaning players young or old too, torquay would be a perfect feeder type club to send a player or two too but a reserbe team who play 2-3 times a month would also be of great benefit to the squad and not just for injury rehab.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: G.Cooper out for season   G.Cooper out for season EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:18 pm

Good job we didn’t pay the half a million fry wanted for this one as well ..lol
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: G.Cooper out for season   G.Cooper out for season EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 9:27 pm

In some ways it’s a relief that it’s a genuine injury that’s keeping him out. His extra-curriculur activities are well known.

But as with Lowe banging& Miss Belton.... while Coops is an Argyle player, I won’t slag him too much. I’ll wait till he’s gone for that. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: G.Cooper out for season   G.Cooper out for season EmptyFri Jan 21, 2022 10:33 am

Czarcasm wrote:
In some ways it’s a relief that it’s a genuine injury that’s keeping him out. His extra-curriculur activities are well known.

But as with Lowe banging& Miss Belton.... while Coops is an Argyle player, I won’t slag him too much. I’ll wait till he’s gone for that. Laughing  

The Lowe and Miss Belton set up didn't phase as long as it wasn't affecting the club. That said our losing run did seem to coincide with that coming out in the wash and Lowes sudden need to be nearer to home . clown

I have limited patience and sympathy with some injured being 2.5 large a week spending weekends out of their box in Revolution. Its not the sort of behaviour of someone serious about getting their career back on track
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: G.Cooper out for season   G.Cooper out for season EmptyFri Jan 21, 2022 11:02 am

It's funny all those saying release Cooper cause hes having his knee cleaned up are all those happy that we kept on an out of contract full time crock for another 18 months.

But what do I know....
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: G.Cooper out for season   G.Cooper out for season EmptyFri Jan 21, 2022 12:17 pm

Jethro wrote:
It's funny all those saying release Cooper cause hes having his knee cleaned up are all those happy that we kept on an out of contract full time crock for another 18 months.

But what do I know....

If you listen to the most recent Argyle podcast, Galloway is interviewed, in it he talks about all the other areas of fitness he is focussing on whilst injured/

You probably won't find him shitfaced in Revolution in the early hours of Sunday morning
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: G.Cooper out for season   G.Cooper out for season EmptyThu Jan 27, 2022 7:03 pm

Plymouth Argyle defender George Cooper faces a "big year" as he begins his recovery from knee surgery, says manager Steven Schumacher.

The 25-year-old had a second operation last week that will rule him out for the rest of the season.

Cooper's current deal at Home Park runs until the summer of 2023.

"He's got that year left to make sure he gets himself right, but I think he understands as well that it'll be a big year for him," Schumacher said.

"It's not as major an operation as his first one. He gets it that he needs to come back and get himself right and get back playing again because that year will go quick as well."

Cooper's career at Argyle has been hampered by his knee injury, which saw the former Peterborough and Crewe defender first undergo surgery in January 2021.

'Deep, dark places'
He made a brief return in August before playing against Charlton in League One in November and played the first 55 minutes of the FA Cup win at Rochdale early last month.

But the injury flared up again, needing more surgery and hampering an Argyle career that has seen him play just 19 times since his move from Peterborough was made permanent in September 2020.

"He's back home at the moment in the first stage of his rehab," Schumacher added.

"The longest I was ever out for was nine months and mentally it's the worst thing to try and get your head around it.

"Coming back when you're in and around the lads is great, but when you're on your own and you're in the gym you go to some deep, dark places at times, but you've just got to get through it.

"If you don't get through it right then you never fully recover, so for George I'm sure he fully understands that now he's got to focus and get his knee right and come back and be the player that we all know and want him to be."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: G.Cooper out for season   G.Cooper out for season Empty

Back to top Go down

G.Cooper out for season
Page 1 of 1