Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Accrington-1-4-Plymouth + interviews (youtube)

Go down 
+4
Greenskin
akagreengull
harvetheslayer
Tgwu
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Accrington-1-4-Plymouth  +  interviews (youtube) Empty
PostSubject: Accrington-1-4-Plymouth + interviews (youtube)   Accrington-1-4-Plymouth  +  interviews (youtube) EmptySat Nov 13, 2021 5:37 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Ryan Lowe Post Accrington Stanley

Ryan Broom Post Accrington Stanley

Attendance: 3130 (705 away)

John Coleman discusses this afternoon’s defeat to Argyle.

Accrington blogger

Ryan Lowe couldn’t hide his delight in Argyle’s performance as they went back to the top of the Sky Bet League One table with a 4-1 win over Accrington Stanley on Saturday.

The Greens led 2-0 at the break thanks to an own goal and Jordan Houghton’s first goal since re-joining the club in the summer.

They were pegged back when Tommy Leigh netted for the hosts, but a wonder strike from Ryan Broom and a header from Ryan Hardie saw Argyle run out comfortable winners.

The manner of the victory and the way the side dealt with Stanley’s threats was what pleased Lowe the most.

Speaking after the game he said, “It’s a fantastic win, not many teams will come here and do that.

“Accrington are a good team, we knew they were going to be a threat in the way they set up.

“We were definitely worthy of our goals.”

The Pilgrims were without three first team regulars with Luke Jephcott and Brendan Galloway away in Wales under-21 and Zimbabwe duty respectively and talented midfielder Danny Mayor missing with a sick bug.

The disruption though, didn’t seem to hamper the Greens’ performance.

Ryan said, “We had youngsters on the bench who are stepping in, we didn’t have Danny, Brendan and Luke and have these other players stepping in doing so well.

“I said to the group yesterday, ‘those stepping in, the shirt is yours, make sure you keep it.’

“I just thought we were superb today, every single one of the boys.”

The victory not only takes Argyle back to the summit of the league, but it also extends the unbeaten run to 16 games.

Four of the last five matches have been wins and the Greens boast the second-best away record in the division.

Ryan said, “We knew they were going to come out and try to get in our faces and one thing you have to do when you come to Accrington is compete, and that’s what we’ve done.

“When we got our foot on the game we got into the swing of things and stared playing through the thirds, we looked a real threat.”

Saturday also saw Ryan clock up his 100th league game in charge of the Greens and he couldn’t have wished for a sweater way to mark it.

He said, “I am proud to represent this football club, and what it represents - especially with these travelling fans once again.

“I want to keep chalking up the games and continue to do well - I would have treated today if it was my first, 99th or 100th but it’s great.”

third kit banner

Last edited by Tgwu on Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:40 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Accrington-1-4-Plymouth + interviews (youtube)   Accrington-1-4-Plymouth  +  interviews (youtube) EmptySun Nov 14, 2021 4:21 am

"Talented midfielder Danny Mayor"

I think that misnomer was laid to bed a long time ago
Great goal by Broom
Standard one mistake a game from Cooper through his legs for their goal

Two things constantly stand out. Accringtons pitch was sublime compared to ours and Simon Hallett please make the away kit our home kit.
Its superb compared compared to that coal face dark green we use at home

We can go up automatically with this squad of players. Ennis and George Cooper to come in. Offload Mayor in the transfer window and bring in another Broom and we're serious challengers
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Accrington-1-4-Plymouth + interviews (youtube)   Accrington-1-4-Plymouth  +  interviews (youtube) EmptySun Nov 14, 2021 6:56 am

Accies view of the Game
Very good indeed

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Accrington-1-4-Plymouth + interviews (youtube)   Accrington-1-4-Plymouth  +  interviews (youtube) EmptySun Nov 14, 2021 8:59 am

Thanks TG.
Nice blog by the Accy supporter, friendly and fair comments, he was certainly impressed by the defence Lowe has put together.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Accrington-1-4-Plymouth + interviews (youtube)   Accrington-1-4-Plymouth  +  interviews (youtube) EmptySun Nov 14, 2021 10:08 am

2030 world cup final-England 4 Argentina 1

Harv-Cooper with his standard one mistake per match
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Accrington-1-4-Plymouth + interviews (youtube)   Accrington-1-4-Plymouth  +  interviews (youtube) EmptySun Nov 14, 2021 10:11 am

Greenskin wrote:
2030 world cup final-England 4 Argentina 1

Harv-Cooper with his standard one mistake per match
laugh
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Accrington-1-4-Plymouth + interviews (youtube)   Accrington-1-4-Plymouth  +  interviews (youtube) EmptySun Nov 14, 2021 10:17 am

I can't work out whether its genuine criticism or just his usual troll work? He's the last person I would listen to regards a match. Accy goal was very well worked and unstoppable from about 5 yards, Cooper also made a great save to keep it to one goal. If you blamed anybody for their goal it has to be the defence with their player drifting in at the back post unmarked. As for Mayor almost every single professional player on comms has marked Mayor out as MOM in every game I have listened to and I know whos opinion is more valid imo.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Accrington-1-4-Plymouth + interviews (youtube)   Accrington-1-4-Plymouth  +  interviews (youtube) EmptySun Nov 14, 2021 10:29 am

And our pitch is 1st class, I wonder when harve last saw it in the flesh.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Accrington-1-4-Plymouth + interviews (youtube)   Accrington-1-4-Plymouth  +  interviews (youtube) EmptySun Nov 14, 2021 10:45 am

Les Miserable wrote:
And our pitch is 1st class, I wonder when harve last saw it in the flesh.

Yeah, what the feck was that all about? lol! lol! lol! lol! Argyles pitch is superb even though they paid only 0.77 of a penny in the pound for it. cheers Really does make you wonder if there's such a thing as sub zero knowledge of football. Still,a game of opinions i suppose.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Accrington-1-4-Plymouth + interviews (youtube)   Accrington-1-4-Plymouth  +  interviews (youtube) EmptySun Nov 14, 2021 11:01 am

He forgot to mention Cooper's standard world class save in the first half with the one on one.

Wonder how he missed that?

Overall. a terrific win and performance, a score line that will make the rest of the division sit up and take notice, and with Mayor, Ennis, Galloway, Jephcott etc to come back into the squad, we can only get stronger.

Tough month coming up, keep around the top by Christmas and we'll start to believe.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington-1-4-Plymouth + interviews (youtube)   Accrington-1-4-Plymouth  +  interviews (youtube) EmptySun Nov 14, 2021 11:18 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
I can't work out whether its genuine criticism or just his usual troll work? He's the last person I would listen to regards a match. Accy goal was very well worked and unstoppable from about 5 yards, Cooper also made a great save to keep it to one goal. If you blamed anybody for their goal it has to be the defence with their player drifting in at the back post unmarked. As for Mayor almost every single professional player on comms has marked Mayor out as MOM in every game I have listened to and I know whos opinion is more valid imo.

hes trolling
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Accrington-1-4-Plymouth + interviews (youtube)   Accrington-1-4-Plymouth  +  interviews (youtube) EmptyMon Nov 15, 2021 9:18 pm

Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Accrington-1-4-Plymouth + interviews (youtube)   Accrington-1-4-Plymouth  +  interviews (youtube) EmptyMon Nov 15, 2021 9:24 pm

Thanks Tg.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Accrington-1-4-Plymouth + interviews (youtube)   Accrington-1-4-Plymouth  +  interviews (youtube) EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 4:19 am

TEAM OF THE WEEK

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Accrington-1-4-Plymouth + interviews (youtube)   Accrington-1-4-Plymouth  +  interviews (youtube) Empty

Back to top Go down

Accrington-1-4-Plymouth + interviews (youtube)
Page 1 of 1