Go down 
+2
Lord Melbury
harvetheslayer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Cost of Unleaded and Diesel.....Morrisons 140.6p Empty
PostSubject: Cost of Unleaded and Diesel.....Morrisons 140.6p   Cost of Unleaded and Diesel.....Morrisons 140.6p EmptySat Oct 23, 2021 6:49 am

Fortunately I dont use the car much at round 2,500 miles annually give or take but going in Morrisons Plymstock on way to Bovisand yesterday unleaded was 140.6p.....is that the highest ever locally Supermarket price (appreciate Shell V power etc will be more) ??   We've had oil prices in excess of $100 in the past and we're not at that level yet. I think Brent Crude is around $84

Diesel was 144.6p

God alone knows what it costs if you're forced to use a Motorway service station

My lad delivers for Amazon in Nottingham as clearly University life but must be tragically difficult eating his life up at 9 hours a week but he's saying its starting to make a difference to his bottom line (Amazon pays an hourly rate for casual staff dependant on level of requirements from around £18 an hour up to £23) but no fuel money is added

Savage if you're commuting long distances weekly
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Unleaded and Diesel.....Morrisons 140.6p   Cost of Unleaded and Diesel.....Morrisons 140.6p EmptySat Oct 23, 2021 8:33 am

Chaddlewood Garage was £1.49 a litre for diesel yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Unleaded and Diesel.....Morrisons 140.6p   Cost of Unleaded and Diesel.....Morrisons 140.6p EmptySat Oct 23, 2021 8:50 am

Price of crude goes up petrol goes up instantly, price of crude comes down petrol slowly comes down over weeks/months. Many forecourt owners wacked on 8p/litre in the recent media led panic buy (whatever happened to that "crisis?")
As touched on HIGNFY last night what the fook will the treasury do if we ever do go all electric and have no fuel duty to pay?
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Unleaded and Diesel.....Morrisons 140.6p   Cost of Unleaded and Diesel.....Morrisons 140.6p EmptySat Oct 23, 2021 11:02 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Price of crude goes up petrol goes up instantly, price of crude comes down petrol slowly comes down over weeks/months. Many forecourt owners wacked on 8p/litre in the recent media led panic buy (whatever happened to that "crisis?")
As touched on HIGNFY last night what the fook will the treasury do if we ever do go all electric and have no fuel duty to pay?

Twas listening to an interesting debate on R4 whilst rumbling down the M5 last night on this very subject.

So many facets of conversation to be had re EV's

Climate impact
EV prices
Environmental impact
Governmental tax
Jobs connected to the oil industry - from the huge refineries in the gulf states all the way down to dodgy Daves local garage - ad infinitum

The wider impact is massive on all facets of our lives the more you think about EV's. I'd love one but practically, the infrastructure is years away, and the price of an EV is currently inhibitive for 99% of people who would like to change. Meanwhile, I'll stick to my planet killing diesel guzzling SUV pile of rickety shite - hey, it's all mine and paid for. Plus I can get 3 dogs in the back, two guitars and 4 bales of feed, two shotguns and still have room for a bagful of pony burgers from the Royal Oak! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Unleaded and Diesel.....Morrisons 140.6p   Cost of Unleaded and Diesel.....Morrisons 140.6p EmptySat Oct 23, 2021 11:45 am

POI wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Twas listening to an interesting debate on R4 whilst rumbling down the M5 last night on this very subject.

So many facets of conversation to be had re EV's

Climate impact
EV prices
Environmental impact
Governmental tax
Jobs connected to the oil industry - from the huge refineries in the gulf states all the way down to dodgy Daves local garage - ad infinitum

The wider impact is massive on all facets of our lives the more you think about EV's. I'd love one but practically, the infrastructure is years away, and the price of an EV is currently inhibitive for 99% of people who would like to change. Meanwhile, I'll stick to my planet killing diesel guzzling SUV pile of rickety shite - hey, it's all mine and paid for. Plus I can get 3 dogs in the back, two guitars and 4 bales of feed, two shotguns and still have room for a bagful of pony burgers from the Royal Oak! Very Happy

Whilst I have always been more to the green lean than most people I am getting sick to death of the ridiculous conversations being had nowadays, how can Coldplay offset their carbon from a world tour? How do you minimise the damage to the planet of doubling the amount of euro league fixtures in a season? Basically you can't and what's more if we keep following the 3% global growth model we are all doomed and with the globalist/capitalist model all nations are following we should just laugh at them all whilst we burn the cheapest coal we can get our hands on.
The COP26 is a COPOUT UAE want to sign up to everything bar curtailing any oil production, India are completely behind all green initiatives except they want to continue to burn coal for cheap electricity, South America are fully behind reducing their carbon footprint as long as they can continue to cut down the rainforest to turn into ranches to provide the EU with cheap beef oozing with foot and mouth disease. I don't think China are even turning up.
Luckily if you have lots of money you can drive to the Castle Inn at Lydford in your electric car which you pay fook all tax on, charged on your solar panels you bought with your last bonus payment and smile smugly as you think how warm your newly renovated farm house will be with its heavily subsidised heat pump installed whilst you check the progress of your shares and property portfolio on your brand new IPhone.
Like POI I will stick to my gas guzzling van and shell out the £375 tax a year as its now deemed a planet killer and just smile wryly when I remember the first years tax being £25 because it was a cleaner burning diesel lol.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Unleaded and Diesel.....Morrisons 140.6p   Cost of Unleaded and Diesel.....Morrisons 140.6p EmptySat Oct 23, 2021 12:12 pm

To put this trendy current fad of green madness into perspective. A 'so-called' climate expert on this program last night was saying that in the next 10-15 years, the UK could reduce it's carbon output by 1-2%. He then went on to say that this 1-2% global contribution to reducing our carbon output would be instantly wiped out within 24 hours due to China bringing on-line another of the hundreds of coal burning power stations currently under construction.

Top 10 polluters, and we're banging on about a few electric cars, some wind turbines and some heat pumps for homes! it's not going to make feck all global difference. We're fecked, the planet is fecked untill there is a collective will from world leaders - which isn't going to happen. Feed their nation or feck the planet?

We're heading 100 mph towards the cliff edge and no one seems to give a feck, as long as we're all right jack - for now!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Unleaded and Diesel.....Morrisons 140.6p   Cost of Unleaded and Diesel.....Morrisons 140.6p EmptySat Oct 23, 2021 1:20 pm

The biggest hypocrisy is bleating on about carbon capture and offsetting carbon output by gigs powered by bycycles yet nearly everything we buy is made with built in obcelescance, is made in China and shipped over here in container ships burning heavy fuel oil that is taxed a fraction what our petrol is. We don't make cemennt because it is so polluting again we get it made abroad and then ship it in causing more pollution!
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Unleaded and Diesel.....Morrisons 140.6p   Cost of Unleaded and Diesel.....Morrisons 140.6p EmptySat Oct 23, 2021 1:52 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Unleaded and Diesel.....Morrisons 140.6p   Cost of Unleaded and Diesel.....Morrisons 140.6p EmptySat Oct 23, 2021 6:16 pm

The planet is fecked, millions of billionaires are going to burn very rich.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Unleaded and Diesel.....Morrisons 140.6p   Cost of Unleaded and Diesel.....Morrisons 140.6p EmptySat Oct 23, 2021 6:58 pm

Got me doubts about this global warming stuff anyway, fecking freezing up the golf course today.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Unleaded and Diesel.....Morrisons 140.6p   Cost of Unleaded and Diesel.....Morrisons 140.6p EmptyMon Oct 25, 2021 10:03 am

Diesel 146.9 at Home Park service station
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Unleaded and Diesel.....Morrisons 140.6p   Cost of Unleaded and Diesel.....Morrisons 140.6p Empty

Back to top Go down

Cost of Unleaded and Diesel.....Morrisons 140.6p
Page 1 of 1