harvetheslayer
Rickler
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jethro

Jethro

Argyle V Cambridge - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle V Cambridge   Argyle V Cambridge - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2021 9:25 pm

feck sake 1-1
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V Cambridge   Argyle V Cambridge - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2021 9:40 pm

why did we take jephcott off when we needed a goal ?
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V Cambridge   Argyle V Cambridge - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2021 9:48 pm

2 points dropped as far as im concerned
Made hard work of it
We’re gotta be beating sides like this if we’re gunna do
Anythink in this league …very disappointing
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V Cambridge   Argyle V Cambridge - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2021 9:49 pm

Two points dropped, agree should have kept Jephcott on, referee had shit game despite what the Argyle TV commentary says.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V Cambridge   Argyle V Cambridge - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2021 9:53 pm

Very hard season ahead. Chronic lack of goals will put us down among the strugglers.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V Cambridge   Argyle V Cambridge - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2021 9:57 pm

4 points from 6 against 2 of our relegation rivals.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V Cambridge   Argyle V Cambridge - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2021 10:03 pm

Definitely 2 points dropped, Cambridge didn't look like scoring until Gillesphey's silly challenge, caught out by his lack of pace. Cooper unlucky, saving the pen, but couldn't prevent the follow up. Unlucky at the end defender deflected it away off his knee when it was going in, then Scarr hit the bar from the corner.

They came for a point and got it. Frustrating night.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V Cambridge   Argyle V Cambridge - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2021 10:06 pm

Broom has quality and I like Scarr.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V Cambridge   Argyle V Cambridge - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2021 10:28 pm

We weren’t great and probably only deserved a point but that was the worse refereeing performance I’ve ever seen bar none, I actually thought Jephcott looked offside and surprised the Lino didn’t flag as such, so how the players managed to change the referees mind makes no sense.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V Cambridge   Argyle V Cambridge - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2021 11:17 pm

The Jephcott change was baffling, having said that we should have enough nous to see out a one nil if that is the plan, same old problem of sitting back a bit and getting caught out. Two points dropped foreshore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V Cambridge   Argyle V Cambridge - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2021 11:33 pm

2 points dropped when it really should have been 3. Cambridge Utd;s gamesmanship tactics will do them well as never seen a team so devoted to faking some injuries and deliberately wasting time like the guy who won them the penalty, Good player i thought but what was he trying to achieve wanting treatment on the field when they had a penalty even their physio told him to get up.

I would like to see Jephcott's first goal cause from i was sat nothing looked off with it at all but im not privy to tv camera replays there so i will check it up in a mo or in the morning.

Wilson was lucky not to get more than a yellow for his late challenge i thought so why he kicked off afterwards was silly so lucky both players only got yellows.

I don't get Ryan's thinking of taking Jephcott off when they scored and brought on Randall to play one up front when we should have been aiming to get the lead back not concentrate on retaining possession.

This team still lacks quality in terms of crossing, pace and height up front and being able to keep focus when defending counter attacks

overall cant say this was a good result we should have won this after Cambridge leveled we never looked like we had the quality to get a second.

Last edited by Angry on Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:26 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V Cambridge   Argyle V Cambridge - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2021 7:02 am

From where I was sat in the Lyndhurst, he looked offside to me and I mentioned this to my daughter at the time, was surprised when the Lino didn’t flag and that prick of a referee also appeared to see nothing wrong with it, it appears player power won the decision after about a couple of minutes, extraordinary refereeing
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V Cambridge   Argyle V Cambridge - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2021 7:34 am

Very disappointing result we should have won.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V Cambridge   Argyle V Cambridge - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2021 7:56 am

Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V Cambridge   Argyle V Cambridge - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2021 9:03 am

Excellent technique from Jephcott for his goal, certainly no poachers effort. Good chances near the end, others apart from the forwards need to start contributing some goals or we'll get nowhere-having even two twenty goal strikers equates to only 40 goals and that isn't good enough by a long chalk.

Come on Cooper for ffs-much more of that and people will be saying Kasper Schmeichel mark 2.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V Cambridge   Argyle V Cambridge - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2021 9:29 am

Greenskin wrote:
Excellent technique from Jephcott for his goal, certainly no poachers effort. Good chances near the end, others apart from the forwards need to start contributing some goals or we'll get nowhere-having even two twenty goal strikers equates to only 40 goals and that isn't good enough by a long chalk.

Come on Cooper for ffs-much more of that and people will be saying Kasper Schmeichel mark 2.

We will have to freshen up attacking plays for that to happen as it very clear teams are preparring to play us by having Hardie and Jephcott surrounded and closing them down. We are too predictable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V Cambridge   Argyle V Cambridge - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2021 10:30 am

Tgwu wrote:

he was definitely offside goal hanging almost
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V Cambridge   Argyle V Cambridge - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2021 11:44 am

Anybody else glad we didn't cash in on Jeppers?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V Cambridge   Argyle V Cambridge - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2021 11:54 am

Earwegoagain wrote:

As we only gave him a pay rise and not a longer contract when he signed his new deal a few months ago i wont be shocked at all if he had a release clause included in that if another club offered a set amount or over he was free to talk to them. He like every other member of the squad is out of contract at the end of next season.

Depending on that amount or what gets offered and whether the squad will see a lion share of that to strengthen would answer whether is a good idea to cash in or not. Rest assured if he continues scoring the goals and develops his striking ability from greater distances than 6 yards out bigger clubs will get interested again and as his goal ratio is pretty good on average offers will start to come in.

Its a pity we cant cross a ball or have a partner upfront that can work off to see what he can do more so as Hardie isn't that guy he too needs a partner to play off.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V Cambridge   Argyle V Cambridge - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2021 1:39 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:

Still a couple of weeks to go.
Back to top Go down
Lowie2

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V Cambridge   Argyle V Cambridge - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2021 6:47 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Christopher Sarginson has been appointed Referee for tonight's game
Justin Amey and Richard Morris will be his Assistants.
Adrian Quelch is Fourth Official.
and that's where it started to go wrong
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V Cambridge   Argyle V Cambridge - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2021 10:17 pm

Welcome Lowie2.
Back to top Go down
Lowie2

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V Cambridge   Argyle V Cambridge - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2021 10:42 pm

Thank you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V Cambridge   Argyle V Cambridge - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle V Cambridge
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2