Les Miserable
Greenskin
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Jethro

Jethro

The annual and inevitable early league cup exit thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The annual and inevitable early league cup exit thread   The annual and inevitable early league cup exit thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2021 9:37 pm

No one had us winning did they let alone 4-0....

We better carry this into the League
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The annual and inevitable early league cup exit thread   The annual and inevitable early league cup exit thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2021 9:39 pm

I'm not pissed, but my phone is saying it's 0 - 4 bloody hell!

Last edited by akagreengull on Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: The annual and inevitable early league cup exit thread   The annual and inevitable early league cup exit thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2021 9:40 pm

Jephcott got the assist for the 4th goal.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: The annual and inevitable early league cup exit thread   The annual and inevitable early league cup exit thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2021 9:41 pm

Jethro wrote:
No one had us winning did they let alone 4-0....

We better carry this into the League

Seadog and myself did.

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The annual and inevitable early league cup exit thread   The annual and inevitable early league cup exit thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2021 9:43 pm

..and Grovey!

Grovehill wrote:
Wasn't Lowe saying a few weeks ago that he was happy with the squad?

"The squad we got now, we feel is good enough"    Lowe, 16th July in interview with Errington.

But then he's seen them play since then.

I think tonight may be bad, 4 or 5 nil

You were right on the money, Grovey!

Well done!
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: The annual and inevitable early league cup exit thread   The annual and inevitable early league cup exit thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2021 9:46 pm

Laughing Well i'm beggared. Great win no matter what sort of team Peterborough put out, not really Argyle's problem. Good to see Hardie and Jephers getting on the scoresheet, hopefully a bit of belief may be gained by both of them from finding the net. The bloke on SSN said that Camara was superb tonight, certainly a good finish for his goal. Hopefully get a decent draw now and a few bob in the bank but more importantly carry this form into the league. For now though well done to the players and management.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The annual and inevitable early league cup exit thread   The annual and inevitable early league cup exit thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2021 9:49 pm

36% possession and win four nil. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: The annual and inevitable early league cup exit thread   The annual and inevitable early league cup exit thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2021 9:50 pm

Rickler wrote:
..and Grovey!

Grovehill wrote:
Wasn't Lowe saying a few weeks ago that he was happy with the squad?

"The squad we got now, we feel is good enough"    Lowe, 16th July in interview with Errington.

But then he's seen them play since then.

I think tonight may be bad, 4 or 5 nil

You were right on the money, Grovey!

Well done!

How wrong could I be!

Great result-hope the boys can play that well in the League.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The annual and inevitable early league cup exit thread   The annual and inevitable early league cup exit thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2021 9:55 pm

Excellent win, don’t want to hear about Peterborough-weak team blah blah bollox, we ended up with 5 academy players on the pitch, so bleddy have it Posh
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: The annual and inevitable early league cup exit thread   The annual and inevitable early league cup exit thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2021 9:55 pm

akagreengull wrote:
36% possession and win four nil. Lol.

Funnily enough, Argyle had 61% possession at Rotherham on Saturday, which i suppose shows how irrelevant stats can sometimes be.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The annual and inevitable early league cup exit thread   The annual and inevitable early league cup exit thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2021 9:56 pm

Need to carry this on against Gillingham on Saturday and no reverting to type just because it's the league.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The annual and inevitable early league cup exit thread   The annual and inevitable early league cup exit thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2021 10:07 pm

Attendance: 4,021 (260 Plymouth).
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: The annual and inevitable early league cup exit thread   The annual and inevitable early league cup exit thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2021 10:17 pm

Graiser wrote:
Excellent win, don’t want to hear about Peterborough-weak team blah blah bollox, we ended up with 5 academy players on the pitch, so bleddy have it Posh

Posh? It sounds like they were quite ordinary.

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The annual and inevitable early league cup exit thread   The annual and inevitable early league cup exit thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2021 10:30 pm

Yay Jeppers never in doubt.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The annual and inevitable early league cup exit thread   The annual and inevitable early league cup exit thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2021 7:14 am

Nice for Fergie to sit and watch his boy’s team get taken apart. Very Happy

Exactly what was needed after Saturday. Minimum of four points required from the next two games now.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: The annual and inevitable early league cup exit thread   The annual and inevitable early league cup exit thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2021 7:39 am

Great win for the boys and the green army!

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The annual and inevitable early league cup exit thread   The annual and inevitable early league cup exit thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2021 8:16 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Posh? It sounds like they were quite ordinary.

Darren Ferguson post match

I didn’t rest players tonight. It might not have looked like it, but I picked a team based on what I saw at Luton. I wanted to see Josh Knight in defence and I wanted to see Joe Tomlinson and Harrison Burrows playing as wing-backs. I probably shouldn’t have started with that formation, but there were things I needed to see.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: The annual and inevitable early league cup exit thread   The annual and inevitable early league cup exit thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2021 8:53 am

Just checked the score - as went to bed early last night - and dropped me cup of coffee on the floor.

Well done to RL and the lads, excellent result !!
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The annual and inevitable early league cup exit thread   The annual and inevitable early league cup exit thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2021 9:07 am

Argyle squad did not return to Plymouth after the defeat of Peterborough.

Instead, they stayed up overnight so the players could get a good sleep and then start their recovery programme from the game this morning (Wednesday) before setting off on their return journey.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: The annual and inevitable early league cup exit thread   The annual and inevitable early league cup exit thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2021 9:55 am

Well fook my old boots!!
Tbh never saw that result coming in a million years
Credit where credits due well done lads
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: The annual and inevitable early league cup exit thread   The annual and inevitable early league cup exit thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2021 3:07 pm

we did win 4-0 right it wasn't a dream then
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The annual and inevitable early league cup exit thread   The annual and inevitable early league cup exit thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2021 5:45 pm

Went out last night and clean forgot about the game, when i saw the score i thought it was some sort of pisstake and posh played their under tens !! Well done Ryan and the boys for proving miracles really do happen, lets prove it again by winning on saturday.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: The annual and inevitable early league cup exit thread   The annual and inevitable early league cup exit thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2021 6:03 pm

Just shows what this team can do on a good night. We need more good nights than bad this season.

Cracking win and performance though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The annual and inevitable early league cup exit thread   The annual and inevitable early league cup exit thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The annual and inevitable early league cup exit thread
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3