Go down 
+2
Chemical Ali
Mr President
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr President

Next GASB meeting 31/3/12 Empty
PostSubject: Next GASB meeting 31/3/12   Next GASB meeting 31/3/12 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 9:14 am

Hi All

There will be a full update on the OS outlining the next steps in the gasb process over the next few weeks.

Although the next meeting has been put back until 31/3 the work will go on in the background to form a proposed gasb structure by inviting proposals from the supporters groups / individuals that attended the 1st meeting (and others if they want to participate). This will also give time to encourage more female / youth participation using non internet forms forms of communication.

The update on the OS will outline that the meeting on 31/3 will really look to drill down and finalise a structure / role for the gasb.

Apologies for not getting this up yesterday. Had to deal with a delicate issue at work.

Chris
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next GASB meeting 31/3/12   Next GASB meeting 31/3/12 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 10:37 am

What communication channels should be used by concerned citizens to get their views across in the mean time?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next GASB meeting 31/3/12   Next GASB meeting 31/3/12 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 10:58 am

This is silly. Are the club serious about this venture?
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Next GASB meeting 31/3/12   Next GASB meeting 31/3/12 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 11:03 am

Knecht- I can't believe you would question the club on their seriousness for the GAS board. Anyway I've heard that Prof Wheeler has a hair appointment on the 17th so has had to postpone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next GASB meeting 31/3/12   Next GASB meeting 31/3/12 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 11:06 am

Ali, if that's true then I apologise. That's clearly an acceptable excuse.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next GASB meeting 31/3/12   Next GASB meeting 31/3/12 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 2:07 pm

knecht wrote:

My thoughts entirely.

Let's hope nobody booked a train ticket, or a babysitter, or incurred any other expense in order to attend the meeting they'd been led to believe would be this Saturday. As Andy says, there's plenty of people around who could have taken on some of the work - if the will to delegate had been there, that is.

Still, it's not the first time something's been promised and not delivered. I'm still waiting for the 'proof' we were promised that Stapleton et al were trying to scupper the rescue deal. Amongst other things.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next GASB meeting 31/3/12   Next GASB meeting 31/3/12 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 3:31 pm

I now read that one of the reasons for this postponement is in order for a piece to be put into the Herald.

This is crazy! It has been several weeks since this thing started and a month since the last meeting and now they bloody well think of a Herald piece?!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Next GASB meeting 31/3/12   Next GASB meeting 31/3/12 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 3:46 pm

Shocked Look into JB's eyes and believe.............
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Next GASB meeting 31/3/12   Next GASB meeting 31/3/12 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 4:02 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Shocked Look into JB's eyes and believe.............

Not looked into anybodies eyes but believe we are deep in the brown stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next GASB meeting 31/3/12   Next GASB meeting 31/3/12 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 6:35 pm

This is the second time that GAS Board talks have been postponed.What are the reasons?The Season will be over in a minute,maybe sooner if we dont start winning at home,who will be bothered then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next GASB meeting 31/3/12   Next GASB meeting 31/3/12 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 7:09 pm

oddball wrote:
This is the second time that GAS Board talks have been postponed.What are the reasons?The Season will be over in a minute,maybe sooner if we dont start winning at home,who will be bothered then.

The first reason I have read is that Professor Wheeler is unable to make it again.

Actually TonyC has replied to me saying to the effect that this gives opportunity to ensure that full representation (for example of women and young people) is achieved via a publicity campaign. On the basis of making the best of a bad job, I agree with him.

I will wait on the club's announcement to make a proper response.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Next GASB meeting 31/3/12   Next GASB meeting 31/3/12 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 8:17 pm

Peggy wrote:
knecht wrote:

My thoughts entirely.

Let's hope nobody booked a train ticket, or a babysitter, or incurred any other expense in order to attend the meeting they'd been led to believe would be this Saturday. As Andy says, there's plenty of people around who could have taken on some of the work - if the will to delegate had been there, that is.

Still, it's not the first time something's been promised and not delivered. I'm still waiting for the 'proof' we were promised that Stapleton et al were trying to scupper the rescue deal. Amongst other things.

Couple of good points there.

No idea why The Presidents hands have to touch everything. Does he ever say no? When is Forza going to be handed over to the yoof wing to organise themselves for example.

The Stapleton proof thing he still interesting. It was promised but never forthcoming but there was prominent Pasoti poster who was turned after getting info from IjN that was never more widely circulated. All swept under the carpet and there it has stayed. Unlike other titbits that show some of the CPers in a good light (and 'hard men') when pitted against Brendan and Healey.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Next GASB meeting 31/3/12   Next GASB meeting 31/3/12 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 4:23 pm

FYI...

I asked EL Prez by PM if Brent will be attending?

His response --

"James Brent will not attend this or any other GASB steering group meeting. I think its been made very clear that this work is independent from that of the Clubs."

My response --

"But since nobody seems to know what's going on about anything, it might have been helpful if he was there to answer questions. Don't you think?"

PS. "Hopefully you have seen mine and Andy Symons suggestions for increasing awareness about the GasB - maybe they could be implemented?"

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next GASB meeting 31/3/12   Next GASB meeting 31/3/12 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 7:17 pm

knecht wrote:
oddball wrote:

The first reason I have read is that Professor Wheeler is unable to make it again.

Actually TonyC has replied to me saying to the effect that this gives opportunity to ensure that full representation (for example of women and young people) is achieved via a publicity campaign. On the basis of making the best of a bad job, I agree with him.

I will wait on the club's announcement to make a proper response.

Well I think that's very weak. The opportunity to ensure full representation was there all along. It was then highlighted at the last meeting, which means there's been four weeks (I think) to do it already.

First rule of trying to run the show: be well organised and use a to do list.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next GASB meeting 31/3/12   Next GASB meeting 31/3/12 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 8:23 am

I don't buy into this at all unless it's so dis organised that those responsible are not taking it seriously or the agenda they hoped would occur isn't being achieved.

This could and should be a very simple process, the Trust represents the fans and if someone wants a voice for a minority such as fans that drink fizzy lemonade or something then they can have that voice via the Trust because the Trust exist for EVERYONE, including women and young people.

That said, there's no rush and the Trust need to consider if they want to jump into this very carefully indeed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next GASB meeting 31/3/12   Next GASB meeting 31/3/12 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 8:52 am

GOB wrote:
I don't buy into this at all unless it's so dis organised that those responsible are not taking it seriously or the agenda they hoped would occur isn't being achieved.
This could and should be a very simple process, the Trust represents the fans and if someone wants a voice for a minority such as fans that drink fizzy lemonade or something then they can have that voice via the Trust because the Trust exist for EVERYONE, including women and young people.

That said, there's no rush and the Trust need to consider if they want to jump into this very carefully indeed.

You cynic, you.

That thought had never crossed my mind Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next GASB meeting 31/3/12   Next GASB meeting 31/3/12 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 11:26 am

MOI? Surely not! clown
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next GASB meeting 31/3/12   Next GASB meeting 31/3/12 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 12:47 pm

As I posted on the President's Progress thread:

Quote :
The phrase 'the format for any elections can be put in place' seems to indicate that there might not be any elections at all.

Unless there's the possibility of all the seats going to the Trust and supporters' associations as of right, I sincerely hope this is just a bit of bad writing.

On the one hand, then, we've got a democratically elected Trust board, full of people who listen and who are working their socks off for their members and the club.

On the other, we've got a working group of sorts, whose organiser(s) cancel meetings at a moment's notice and who don't seem to be interested in following anything up.

I'll be dropping my Trust renewal in to one of the kiosks today.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next GASB meeting 31/3/12   Next GASB meeting 31/3/12 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 6:00 pm

Peggy wrote:
As I posted on the President's Progress thread:

Quote :
The phrase 'the format for any elections can be put in place' seems to indicate that there might not be any elections at all.

Unless there's the possibility of all the seats going to the Trust and supporters' associations as of right, I sincerely hope this is just a bit of bad writing.

On the one hand, then, we've got a democratically elected Trust board, full of people who listen and who are working their socks off for their members and the club.

On the other, we've got a working group of sorts, whose organiser(s) cancel meetings at a moment's notice and who don't seem to be interested in following anything up.

I'll be dropping my Trust renewal in to one of the kiosks today.

And of course the next meeting of the Argyle Fans' Trust Board, according to the minutes published on the Trust website, is at 10am on 31st March. But I don't suppose anyone thought to check that, did they?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next GASB meeting 31/3/12   Next GASB meeting 31/3/12 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 10:35 am

Andy_Symons wrote:

And of course the next meeting of the Argyle Fans' Trust Board, according to the minutes published on the Trust website, is at 10am on 31st March. But I don't suppose anyone thought to check that, did they?

To be fair Andy if the GAS Board talks had gone as they should have done, there would have been a meeting anyway before each Saturday home game and probably the Easter Monday match. So there was always going to be one on the 31st.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next GASB meeting 31/3/12   Next GASB meeting 31/3/12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Next GASB meeting 31/3/12
Page 1 of 1